Player
    Character
    Dashe Voln
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    They should definitely change the name... Materia!? This is FFXIV, not FFVII-2!!!!!
    In that sense, Chocobos should be horsebirds and the inevitable Cid should be named Steve.
    I'm not a huge fan of VII by any means, but I like how they're injecting a sense of familiarity into the game.
    (0)

XI: Shadowtaru (Alexander) Manifest (Shiva) Volnaru (Asura)
    1.0: Delirium Impulse (Mysidia Gungnir)
    ARR: Dashe Herate (Sargatanas) Dashe Voln (Excalibur)

Player
    Character
    Aion Zwei
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 54
    As long as the MAteria is not a crystal that literally can do everything for us(skill,summon,etc) im fine...term can be same...but the mechanic/system SHOULDN'T
    (0)
    Aion Zwei - Masamune

Got some new tidbits regarding the upcoming Materia system implementation to share with you straight from the dev. team!

By using the armor and weapons that you equip yourself with, you will generate "attachment points"* and when your attachment points reach 100% you will be able to convert that weapon or armor into "materia." This is known as "materia conversion." "Materia" is a crystallized form of the weapon and armor’s stats that the player has used and formed an attachment to.

During the materia conversion process, there will be fluctuations that result in NQ stat materia, as well as HQ stat materia, even when using the same type of item. However, even the NQ stat material will have beneficial stats.

Also, you will be able to purchase and trade materia freely.

Crafters will be able to utilize the catalysts that gatherers obtain and attach a single materia to an item (there is no chance of failure). The materia you will be able to attach will depend on the type of weapon and the type of stat that matches the equipment slot. There are a variety of different combinations of materia that can be attached to each equipment slot’s item, so each player will need to decide what they want to pursue.

In addition to this, you will also be able to remove materia from items that have had materia attached to them. However, upon removal you will lose the materia, so you should probably only remove it when you definitely have a better upgrade to replace it with.

Finally, rumors tell of a forbidden technique with a high risk of failure to attach another materia to an item that already has a materia attached to it…
    We're looking forward to hearing feedback on this!

*Rep note: Similar to "affection" not "attaching" something.
    (Please note that some terms may not be final and may be subject to change in the future.)
    (*Updated: 5:30pm PST to clarify)
    (76)

Player
    Character
    Julie Nymphiel
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Got some new tidbits regarding the upcoming Materia system implementation to share with you straight from the dev. team!

(Please note that some terms may not be final and may be subject to change in the future.)
    Two threads in one day. Ding. New Forum Achievement.

As for feedback. The Automatic growth of equipment to earn its own materia sounds freaking awesome.
    (2)
    Last edited by Cairdeas; 06-02-2011 at 04:13 AM.
    I have to thank Square-Enix for the amazing job they have done recreating Final Fantasy XIV from Scratch. Especially the inclusion of Missing Genders which we petitioned for in good faith. This was proof to us players that the Developers are truly Sympathetic to our requests and that being honest and vocal can pay off with the amazing characters we have who are Female Roegadyn, Male Miqote, and Female Highlanders. Thank You SE, Thank You Community Team, Thank You Yoshi-P.

Player
    Character
    Renta Hamster
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Should be interesting to see if this helps to reduce the effects of item glut.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post

Holy crap! This sounds awesome! Thanks for the news Bayohne! You're like our own Hermes, delivering messages from the gods(devs).
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Julie Nymphiel
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Also, Please PLEASE keep the name.
    (13)
    I have to thank Square-Enix for the amazing job they have done recreating Final Fantasy XIV from Scratch. Especially the inclusion of Missing Genders which we petitioned for in good faith. This was proof to us players that the Developers are truly Sympathetic to our requests and that being honest and vocal can pay off with the amazing characters we have who are Female Roegadyn, Male Miqote, and Female Highlanders. Thank You SE, Thank You Community Team, Thank You Yoshi-P.

Player
    Character
    Kris Slater
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 20
    I am curious to know which crafting class will be creating Materia. I hope it is Alch.. only because I spent alot of time doing Alch so i am biased in hopes of having a strong head start with this new feature I can't wait, and honestly think that this feature will push me back into playing the game. Thank you for the good news Bayohne!!
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rau View Post
    Rau Lecreuset: There are reports of a multitude of people in town who have a found a magical tool that lets them forfeit their conciousness, and in doing so, allows them to craft for inordinate amounts of time.

Player
    Character
    Teknoman Blade
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Yeah stick with the materia name. Also, this really does sound like a cool take on the whole materia system in general. Not only will it reduce people having a load of inventory, but if you find a weapon you cant use/dont need anymore, you can choose to sell it for gil...or just create materia to become stronger.

It should give crafters a reason to start making low rank items again too lol. Hopefully it wont be as insanely complicated as the evolith system from XI -_-
    (0)

"There are many difficult times ahead, but you must keep your sense of humor, work through the tough situations and enjoy yourself".

http://neogaf.guildwork.com//

Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast