Player
    Character
    Ai Yoshioka
    World
    Shinryu
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70

Duty Finder Que Times

I was wondering if someone could explain the situation behind the Duty Finder. I want to understand why it is taking 30-40 minute ques just to get into one dungeon. I honestly do not think it just simply due to a lack of tanks and/or healers in the server.

Whats goin on?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kerin Kor
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Many players seem to be running FC groups and thus not PUGging, coupled with the fact that tanks and healers are as usual in short supply. Also, there's a lot of /shouting going on forming groups outside the DF, not least because those coming from FFXI always did it that way because FFXI didn't have a useful grouping tool: and no, to the FFXI 'vets', the flagging system wasn't usable by and large for non-XP party formation.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ashley Zeibel
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    It is just lack of tanks and healers, I'm sorry to say that. It's a fact and happens with almost every trinity MMO out there.

This is specially true for dungeons before level 30, since there's only one healing class until people can unlock scholar.

If you doubt me, change to a tank class and enjoy the insta queues.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Larek Darkholme
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    a DPS alone will take forever to find a party
    If you are a DPS, always try to grab a healer or tank from FC or LS with you so you can move to the front of the queue
    (0)

Larek Darkholme @ Ragnarok

Player
    Character
    Koga Dragontaker
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    I do not know the underlying architecture of the instance servers, but it could be one of two setups. 1. each instance has its own server, or 2 each server can spawn a copy of any instance, but each instance has a capped number that can be used at one given time (to keep it from having one instance taking over). In either setup there is a maximum number of any single instance that can be held simultaneously.

This results in a wait at the reserving instance portion of the duty finder queue (find party > starts reserving an instance), currently this is where most of the time in the queue is spent. What is resulting in the HUGE queue times currently is that after the instance is reserved for your party (call it 20min wait) if someone does not accept you step back to the find party part (front of line) and quickly get a new member and get put back in line for the reserving instance (back of this 20min line), and this may repeat multiple times.

What needs to be adjusted is that the parties are able to fill in the player that is lost without needing to re-enter the reserving instance queue and thing will become manageable and at least reasonable until they are able to adjust the underlying architecture to adjust for the high demands of some instances
    (0)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by yuixjfa View Post
    I was wondering if someone could explain the situation behind the Duty Finder. I want to understand why it is taking 30-40 minute ques just to get into one dungeon. I honestly do not think it just simply due to a lack of tanks and/or healers in the server.

Whats goin on?
    It's because you're queuing as a DPS. the line for DPS is a mile long.

Queue as healer or tank and you'll get a group faster. Simple as that. You're doing yourself and everyone else a favor.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Odsarzol Que
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It's because you're queuing as a DPS. the line for DPS is a mile long.

Queue as healer or tank and you'll get a group faster. Simple as that. You're doing yourself and everyone else a favor.
    It can take 30 minutes+ to get into an instance with a pre-made party on some server groups - stop using the "YOU'RE A DPS!" excuse already, that isn't the reason by large.

Even queuing as a healer it still takes quite awhile at times because again, based on the server grouping, certain ones are just so full or no one is doing it (lower end ones.)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Myra Runewaker
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Also queue up with the other languages selected to shorten it. I'm a tank and was having 15min Garuda waits till I used that option
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kamui Shirou
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    It took me 75 minutes to get on Toto-Rak earlier today...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kare Ruhts
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 57
    Quote Originally Posted by yuixjfa View Post
    I honestly do not think it just simply due to a lack of tanks and/or healers in the server.
    It is. I'm a tank and I have never been in the queue longer than 5 minutes. Most of the time for me it's less than 1 minute and often instant.

Edit: I almost always take the DDs in my FC through their dungeons so they don't need to wait long. If a lot of other tanks do the same it means longer queue times for DDs queuing without a tank or healer.
    (1)
    Last edited by Pseudopsia; 09-17-2013 at 12:06 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast