Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Player
    Ok enough is enough... This is garbage right here..
    The servers have spent the ENTIRE time in a semi functional or non functional state..
    This is officially bad..

Thanks for wasting the last few days of my time SE..
    I love it when people do that..

Even if they are up..
    It doesn't matter, I still can't freaking play, due to the servers are full 1017 error..
    (0)
    Last edited by Solace; 08-26-2013 at 04:54 AM.

Player
    Character
    Arnold Schwarzenegger
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    as always users talk and moderators ignore learn from blizzard you idiots!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Erasure Targaryen
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    People are already skeptical of the monthly payment subscription model and this will pretty much justify their concern. To pay for a game and then pay monthly fees and not be able to even join a login queue is terrible. After 4 beta tests, how can this type of login problem still be happening? The game failed hard the first time. We pretty much know what all the game blogs will say if this login issue persists on the 27th. The reviews will be equally dismissive of ARR as they were with 1.0.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Merle Hades
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 15
    The NA/EU server list is NOT DOWN!!! Join a JP server and log back out and the NA/EU Server List will come back up. This happens after about 25-30 attempted logins to a server. I still can't get into the server, but this is some sneaky tactics.
    I can confirm this. This works for like 2 hours now. Still not getting in.

Well thats a way to solve the Problem. 1k ppl per Server? np, duty finder can handle that much
    And we all agreed to the TOS... We got no right whatsoever for a working server in the final game
    They might not get the subscription fees, but 500k copies à 30USD/25€ is still a bit without having to deliver a working service.

*edit: this is sarcasm btw.
    (0)
    Last edited by MerleonHades; 08-26-2013 at 05:01 AM.

Player
    Character
    Scarlet Rayne
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by bawobogo View Post
    The NA/EU server list is NOT DOWN!!! Join a JP server and log back out and the NA/EU Server List will come back up. This happens after about 25-30 attempted logins to a server. I still can't get into the server, but this is some sneaky tactics.
    Its a down right dogs act on there part to limit and force ppl to play on the jp servers because they cant fix there mess AGAIN. personally the progress i have made on the my main character has become a waste now cause im locked out among others and i bet they will still want $ 25 to server change my main to a decent server ( well one im not locked out of) so the jp servers
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cratho Nnamite
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Also restarting your pc brings the NA server list back.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Verifer Venti
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 47
    Quote Originally Posted by Shigu View Post
    Didnt realise you were a professional programmer, didnt realise you knew how to make a humungous MMO with ZERO glitches or problems. My bad
    He may or may not be a professional programmer, but that doesn't detract from his point. A professional programmer does need to take potential problems and bugs into account in the development phase. And he's not saying anything about zero glitches or problems. He's just asking to be able to play, period. That's not asking too much. That's the bare minimum.

To be fair though, it doesn't seem like this is a problem with the code itself, since the JP servers are running just fine. The problem here seems to be that SE itself tried to cut corners and save money by buying as few resources (servers) as possible for NA/EU. And given all of the time spent testing with four rounds of betas, SE had more than enough time to gauge the interest in early access (especially since this access is tied to preorders and existing accounts, whose numbers are easily accessible for SE). There is no valid excuse for this kind of unpreparedness.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Schtick Zymotic
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    This is nuts. The way you fix the server is by limiting the number of people that can even queue to play the game.
    Well done...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Finn Miller
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    SE, can you please let us play? I mean not like we already paid for it or something. I mean I already paid twise for the game (1.0 and 2.0), so yeah.

Trying to be patient and enjoy the early access because I will be moving out soon from here, and will be locked away from the game for about 2-3 weeks, so yeah... as possitive as I try to be, I still cannot get why you're limiting the number of logins, you already knew what you were going to get from the pre-order numbers...

And, I still don't get why JP servers never get emergency maintenance or login issues at all. All early access and p4, JP servers were up while NA/EU servers were going down every couple of hours.
    (0)
    Last edited by Hagito; 08-26-2013 at 05:16 AM.

Player
    Character
    Danerys Targaryen
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Schtick View Post
    This is nuts. The way you fix the server is by limiting the number of people that can even queue to play the game.
    Well done...
    Absolutly, second this...

Idk of any programmer EVER, that fixes their code by cutting off use of the code, they just take it offline while they fix it, you don't just leave it up but block its use and twiddle your thumbs!!!

Leave it up for everyone or take it down for everyone!!! At least other MMO's like the defender's have posted, took the entire servers down, they didn't leave it up for a select few.

Besides mentioning WoW launh issues, and comparing them to SE issues is bad, SE has what..... 80k-120k EA users..... and blizzard at TBC launch was dealing with 11M, and no EA!! it doesn't compare, and you could still play the game it just had long ques and periodic restarts.
    (0)
    Last edited by Deadross; 08-26-2013 at 05:31 AM. Reason: addendum

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast