Player
    Character
    Claire Bear
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70

Your Customer's Trust, Confidence and Loyalty

First off I would like to say this game is surprisingly fun.

Now back to business.

First, I would like everyone who preordered to think of Early Access as just a bonus for getting into an extra round of beta testing. The real event begins Tuesday, August 27, 2013.

This next question is directed towards SquareEnix. With release date fast approaching how confident are you in eliminating these types of errors that has been plaguing your service since Beta? As I far as I can tell, these issues will continue well past the first month of release and will continue, if I heard correctly, when the option of character migration is implemented.

In any type of business when goods are paid it is expected that the goods delivered come as advertised. Anytime that this does not occur there are several things that happen 1. The company does everything in their power to fix the product and to reduce consumer dissatisfaction or 2. Go out of business whether it be from customer returns, the ending of future and current product adoption or through litigation.

SquareEnix has dealt with the PSN digital purchase debacle by giving full refunds and a free complementary game.

What about those who were lucky or unlucky enough, depending on one's way of thinking, who managed to get into Early "Beta" Access? How will SquareEnix address their customers who have paid for a product that is working 50% of the time? Some of these customers have lost their patience while others are on the brink of it.

No amount of "we're sorry, please understand" responses will continue to quell your customers. There will be a breaking point.

Thus SquareEnix needs to acknowledge the importance of this thread if they are to improve customer trust, confidence and continued loyalty well past the first few months of release.

P.S. If you are going to reply to this this thread I ask you to do the following: 1. Please stay away from profanities we are all frustrated and we are all in the same boat. 2. Please don't make excuses for SquareEnix. Example: Give SE a break they are working hard to fix things. Sorry to be frank but they are working hard because we are paying them to do so with the money we earned working hard ourselves 3. If you don't have anything good to contribute please refrain from further demonstrating your intellectual capacity.

Finally good luck to everyone and see you in game!
    (61)

Player
    Character
    Reimu Hakurei
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I am pretty sure they know all this.

The question is - do they care enough?

Fact is, we have no way of knowing their priorities. We cannot know what they are thinking about, we cannot know how much effort / money they intend to invest in the EU / NA playerbase.

While your points are absolutely true, I believe that assuming SE doesn't is a bit preposterous.

They know. They will do what best suits their interest, and that's completely right.

And I'm not making excuses - it's how all companies work.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Claire Bear
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    I am not assuming they don't know about it of course they do. But no one has really called SE out on it and we really don't know how they will deal with this situation when the time comes.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bastion Hightower
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 17
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaireBear View Post
    First, I would like everyone who preordered to think of Early Access as just a bonus for getting into an extra round of beta testing. The real event begins Tuesday, August 27, 2013.
    Sorry but I simply can't say I agree. One of the main selling points, a benefit as it were, of the pre-order was the ability to play a 'release quality' MMO three days before those who didn't preorder. Nowhere in the selling material, the T&C's as it were, did SE say that EA = Beta5. So a reasonable expectation of any EA purchaser is that they wouldn't get a 'beta quality' game to play this weekend, which is frankly what some got. You do in fact say the very same thing in the next few sentences after this quote so I find this one slightly contradictory to the main thrust of your position :/

/snip ...

Thus SquareEnix needs to acknowledge the importance of this thread if they are to improve customer trust, confidence and continued loyalty well past the first few months of release.
    Couldn't agree more. The best way to do that is give all its NA/EU customers the same level of service its JP customer are currently enjoying, in particular the EU ones who have coped the major brunt of today's errors. This however has failed to materialise after multiple maintenances and cut'n'paste corporate social media responses. No doubts the problem(s) contributing to this problem are complicated but the point is, as you mentioned, nearing a breaking point for an increasing number of customer and time is not on SE's side with open release looming.

If SE can fix the problem today and find some way in-game to recognise the lost enjoyment of some of its players I think it will go a very long way to restoring some of the trust, confidence and continued loyalty of it customer base. They need all they can get given the games chequered past.
    (24)
    "He was a bastion against the darkness, a tower that rose high above the evil that surrounded him"

Player
    Character
    Claire Bear
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Hi WarJunkie sorry if I didn't make it clear. I was just trying to make a point that Early Access was in the guise of a beta testing phase.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blitz Ace
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    A bonus? are you kidding me? If it was a bonus it isn't working.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Claire Bear
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Yes Remilia I played the Beta 3 and 4 and despite the issues I liked the game that's why I preordered. I want this game to have continued support. I think that I speak for most everyone in this regards: I am not asking SE to refund my money back I just pray that they are putting it to good use and will adequately compensate everyone for the frustrations.

It left a bad taste in my mouth when I learned that some people got their money back AND a free complementary copy of the game just because they could not get into three days of early access when a better choice could have been made that would benefit all. But what's done is done.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Tirael Vollencroft
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 21
    It left a bad taste in my mouth when I learned that some people got their money back AND a free complementary copy of the game just because they could not get into three days of early access when a better choice could have been made that would benefit all. But what's done is done.
    A bad taste in your mouth? That's completely unfair to everyone who digitally bought it up on PC, maybe even ppl who preordered physically. Call me jealous or whatever, but it bullshit that they're giving a free complementary game AND a refund to PSN ppl. What makes them better than pc ppl at all? And tons of ppl (pretty much like me probably) Own a PS3 but prefers to play MMOs on PC. To hell that they couldn't/won't be able to play EA, I don't call playing like 3 hours for the whole weekend cause of errors, bugs, crashes, maintenance, login limitations or whatever they/the game threw at us, as playing the EA at all.

As I said, jealous or not, this is fu***** bullshit, and yeah i'm pretty pissed, my patience's running low and I really believe they should come with a workaround for all of us who preordered for the EA (as most ppl stated, a moogle cap and a caith sith doll's not enough for a preorder, we're all here for EA)... Even if they just give us like 3~5 days of extra free time without having to pay a sub, at least that's something and it shows that they care even if a little...

Ps: I did love the game, don't misunderstand me, which is btw why the hell i'm complaning so much, cause I just can't play at all... Also, sorry about the 'bad manners' didn't mean to troll or anything, it's just that... wtf?!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Claire Bear
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Noite View Post
    A bad taste in your mouth? That's completely unfair to everyone who digitally bought it up on PC, maybe even ppl who preordered physically. Call me jealous or whatever, but it bullshit that they're giving a free complementary game AND a refund to PSN ppl. What makes them better than pc ppl at all? And tons of ppl (pretty much like me probably) Own a PS3 but prefers to play MMOs on PC. To hell that they couldn't/won't be able to play EA, I don't call playing like 3 hours for the whole weekend cause of errors, bugs, crashes, maintenance, login limitations or whatever they/the game threw at us, as playing the EA at all.

As I said, jealous or not, this is fu***** bullshit, and yeah i'm pretty pissed, my patience's running low and I really believe they should come with a workaround for all of us who preordered for the EA (as most ppl stated, a moogle cap and a caith sith doll's not enough for a preorder, we're all here for EA)... Even if they just give us like 3~5 days of extra free time without having to pay a sub, at least that's something and it shows that they care even if a little...

Ps: I did love the game, don't misunderstand me, which is btw why the hell i'm complaning so much, cause I just can't play at all... Also, sorry about the 'bad manners' didn't mean to troll or anything, it's just that... wtf?!
    No worries. I'm sure a lot of people don't know about the full refund and free complementary game solution for PSN customers unless they followed the forums, had a friend who bought through the PSN store, or read my original post.

And it really was unfair and I previously voiced how unfair it was but people claimed I was dense or being a troll when I said SE should have found a more viable solution so that everyone would benefit at least those who preordered.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mia'ra Ai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 18
    And it really was unfair and I previously voiced how unfair it was but people claimed I was dense or being a troll when I said SE should have found a more viable solution so that everyone would benefit at least those who preordered.
    I've come to the conclusion you can't say anything on these forums without being called a troll, a hater, racist, crying, raging or any number of things.

I would suggest you only pay attention to the people who can say what they want to say without name-calling and outright rage.

On a side note, this is approximately how a big chunk of the forum population appear in my head:

Because nothing beats a visual aid =]

Really, there's nothing to be gained by attacking anyone and everyone who simply dares voice their concerns.

If someone wants to complain, I honestly don't see why they shouldn't.
    After all, how would SE even know anything was wrong without people telling them?

And btw, that's a basic principle that carries into RL too ;P
    (3)

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast