Player
    Character
    Ludwig Akylas
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

From my perspective, Square was ingenuous

They clearly weren't expecting this kind of high population during the first days. Yes, sure, surely it is a duty for a company like SE to be well prepared under any circumstances but what really troubles me is how they'll be proceeding to solve this sort of issue. We're talking about data servers, not in-game usual bugs.

Should they postpone the release, as previously stated by many players - it will be a disaster. But also should they keep the release date as it is, i'm fearing people will have a bad time not being able to log-in at all.

The wrath of legacy and new players are surely to be excepted in any case but still I'm shocked of how far some players are going. Trying to flood JP servers? Shouting about WWII? Seriously people?

We've waited 3 god damn years to have the game, I'm frustrated and disappointed like anyone else but I won't simply turn my back to SE and give up. They're not a bunch of retards, they know what is at stake. Be patient. Take Care.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Urvanis Spiegel
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 36
    The only problem the game is having is over population. They didn't prepare for the launch spike every MMO gets. Ultimately it doesn't matter. because the people complaining who aren't going to continue playing because of all this are likely to be people who wouldn't be playing 2 months from now if everything went smooth. Hell, honestly they may have actually known this to begin with, and realized that their solid subscriber base is going to endure. So it was pointless to rent another data center just to end up having to merge them all down to 1 anyway.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Perfect Dark
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    It angers me so much that people feel entitled to go over to Japan's servers and slur racist remarks because they're butt hurt about not being able to play. If you hate them so much then don't play the stuff they make.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    N'ala Enaud
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    In my view FFXIV far exceeded expectations. That this is a congestion issue is a good thing. The ones that are leaving over this is just a culling of the herd. Let them go rant and slur in game the Perma Bans will further cull the undesirables.

I say stop pleading for them to stay. Wish them well and send them on there way. They tried it don't like it goodbye. Take your money and go SE got you upfront with preorder. That alone covers the cost of launch , Thanks for Helping! Monthly subs just keep it going and are profit. We the white knights fan boys lovers of lore and design and JP's will take it from here.
    (2)
    Last edited by Crystallus; 08-26-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Player
    Character
    Zemek Rodon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Hopefully the idiots that did that will be banned for good. No need for that crap. Hopefully we get more of a ffxi community but so far I've seen more of a WoW community which really sucks.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tyrzea Eilar
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironfistmonkey View Post
    It angers me so much that people feel entitled to go over to Japan's servers and slur racist remarks because they're butt hurt about not being able to play. If you hate them so much then don't play the stuff they make.
    It is not entirely true what you said!
    I spent last 12 hours playing on JP server because I prefer to play instead of bitching on the forum: the game is awesome - the story, the graphics, the music score!!!
    It doesn't matter anymore if you play a legacy character or anew - I was totally immersed in the story.

It is relatively quiet and pleasant on JP server: very small chatter and mostly by English speaking players.
    I am seriously considering staying in JP until the NA dust settles down.
    Happy gaming, everyone :-))
    (5)