Thread: NA down again?

Player
    Character
    Xuro Deluxe
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    We had better betas to be quite honest as less people played. SE will probably have to buy new servers so its going to take a while before we see some real results unfortunately. There was 160 people in queue on Excalibur a while ago.

Even the website can't cope..
    (0)
    Last edited by Illusion; 08-26-2013 at 12:46 AM.

Player
    Character
    King Zeus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Zerrith Blakken
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

Sneak peak at the NA/EU server processor

(9)

Player
    Character
    Evoker Keii
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Only time I've played was when they first turned them on at 2AM. After that it was maintenance, followed by maintenance followed by maintenance. I was dropped from the server for maintenance yesterday and when I woke up today to finally be able to play, servers are down for maintenance.
    At this rate the early release is pointless. I'm not going to be able to play again until next weekend due to work. Thanks alot Squeenix. :/ I'm a nonlegacy 1.0 CE account owner who spent $30 to preorder for early access and you took that away from me.

Edit: What follows is mostly a response to a DIFFERENT thread, but because of Square-Enix's extremely restrictive posting rules, I have exceeded my 1 new posts per day due to my character level (which would be higher if I could play)
    You are god damned right I am entitled. I bought the 1.0 CE* but did not qualify for Legacy status.
    1.0 owners were complimented with a copy of the game for 2.0 so they wouldn't have to buy it again.
    Non-legacy 1.0 owners were not given early access.
    Non-legacy 1.0 owners who wanted early access had to buy a second full-priced copy of the game because Square-Enix gave them no other alternative.
    Now I own two copies of the game that shouldn't have been necessary.
    Money I spent that I didn't have to just for the purpose of playing in the Early Access.
    I have been denied that Early Access, thus putting my second copy purchase to complete waste.
    So you are god damned right I am entitled. I want the service I paid for, that I paid solely for and has not been delivered with limited time ticking on the clock.

* Still the worst CE I've ever bought, no contest.
    (5)
    Last edited by EvokerKeii; 08-26-2013 at 01:30 AM.

Player
    Character
    King Zeus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
    Aug. 25, 2013 from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. (PDT)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Worlds]
    North American/European Data Center Worlds
    - Adamantoise
    - Balmung
    - Behemoth
    - Cactuar
    - Cerberus
    - Coeurl
    - Diabolos
    - Excalibur
    - Exodus
    - Faerie
    - Gilgamesh
    - Goblin
    - Hyperion
    - Lamia
    - Leviathan
    - Malboro
    - Midgardsormr
    - Moogle
    - Odin
    - Phoenix
    - Ragnarok
    - Sargatanas
    - Shiva
    - Siren
    - Ultros
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Starsin Doomseeker
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephany View Post
    Actually losing faith in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    the playtime im spost to get inst happening, people have work and things to do.
    i say SQUARE ENIX owes us all
    Many MMO launches experience these sort of problems. I'm losing faith in the community, as everyone seems like they are new to the internet and video games here. SE doesn't owe any of you anything for sorting out these problems. They aren't liable because you can't make a responsible decision of whether you should go to work, or play a video game.

Want an example?

Guild Wars 2.

Around launch, there were plenty of errors much like the 3102, 90000 and what not. There were also plenty of bugs, that would prevent you from zone completion
    It took them quite a few tries, and these were done almost weekly.

At least SE has been working to resolve the issue around the clock, even if you all sound like self-entitled children.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Gerkargeo Destin
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    This is what happens when you go with a cheap datacenter in Canada. Should have hosted it at/near SE in california. You get what you pay for SE. Would like to know the specs of the servers in JP and NA and the rating of the datacenters.
    (1)
    Last edited by Gerkargeo; 08-26-2013 at 01:37 AM.

Player
    Character
    Inu Akurei
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by sinst4r View Post
    Many MMO launches experience these sort of problems. I'm losing faith in the community, as everyone seems like they are new to the internet and video games here. SE doesn't owe any of you anything for sorting out these problems. They aren't liable because you can't make a responsible decision of whether you should go to work, or play a video game.

Want an example?

Guild Wars 2.

Around launch, there were plenty of errors much like the 3102, 90000 and what not. There were also plenty of bugs, that would prevent you from zone completion

At least SE has been working to resolve the issue around the clock, even if you all sound like self-entitled children.
    Sure but this is different. This is a relaunch of an already failed MMO. Gaming websites, people, and forums everywhere are going to be looking for any reason to call thus relaunch a failure, and SE is just handing them a reason. How long will you keep calling people crybabies?

Will you call people crybabies tomorrow if these issues still aren't fixed? If people are still unable to login or even if we can log in, not do anything instance related?

Will you still white knight 2 days from now when the game goes live and the servers die again from getting hit even harder with more people trying to log in and play? When thousands of people on PS3 who have never played a MMO before and aren't accustomed to "launch day mmo problems" get frustrated?

How about 3 days from now when reviews from every gaming website start calling the relaunch of FFXIV a failure? Will you still defend SE when word of mouth spreads that FFXIV is near unplayable because of server problems? When people start leaving from sheer frustration?

And the days after that when the population starts to decline again and FFXIV loses most of it's players? Sure me, you, and a lot of this forum will stay around, and others, but it takes much more than that to run a MMO. SE just can't let this continue on for another 2 days. A new MMO might be able to get away with it but not FFXIV, not after what happened last time and not with new PS3 players who aren't used to stuff like this.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Severos Gwin
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 20

Today I woke up thinking I would try and attempt this infamous Log in boss.

I started the fight only to be one shotted several times by an error 90000 spell.

I decided to take a different approach and made it to phase two of the battle where I was persistently put to sleep by the ridiculously powerful "World is full, please try again when there is an opening spell"...

To my dismay I decided to give it another go. The log in boss instantly hit me with an "unable to update NA/EU server list" zantetsuken attack.

Having got past this point I was again stuck in phase two and continuously put to sleep by the aforementioned spell.

Having licked my wounds and all but given up it was suggested to me to try the much less powerful "Forum" boss.
    Well this was easier even though it did cast "slow" several times I managed to win.
    If you are listening SE for the love of god please nerf Log in boss it is ridiculously over powered!!!!
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Kritana Dragonbane
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by sinst4r View Post

Want an example?

Guild Wars 2.

I Wish there were more people like you seems like this community has the patience of children.
    (0)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast