(0)

Player
    Character
    Raxx Daini
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    I tried with 4 JP players and we couldn't beat tonberi king, definitely need 8 people probably 2 ranks 2 healers. One rank for adds one tank for tonberi king.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Ya that is what the first group I ran it with figured. It was hard enough getting the goops down after so many wipes, but tonberry king definitely seems made for 8 players. THe 2nd group I ran with wanted to do the kite plan, but I knew that wasnt going to work the moment I saw them all range-deathing people.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Penwyn Tarutaru
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    You can kill it with 4-man party, 8 ppl is not needed. We went with pld whm brd blm. Kite is not an option cause they gravity you, and they use magic ranged attacks. The battle has 2 phases. First one is the minion pop spam which is the hardest one. Second (and last) phase is a DPS race win/wipe situation, pretty fun I have to say. Drop was 35 coins + darklight harpoon (lance ilvl 55).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    We had a Bard (me) on constant Boss-DPS, while our Lancer kept taking down the Tonberries and the WHM healed the WAR.
    Come the arrival of the Slashers, Limit Break and charge.

We cleared the dungeon with about five minutes to spare. It was actually the flan that gave us more trouble.

Darklight Staff (THM weapon) = tiered below Primal weapons. Good for people newer to the class, but Legacy mains will be vendoring it for Company Seals.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Well, just beat it and yea this time the party wasn't scared to kill the little ones, but the tank often liked to chase little ones himself :P.

It looks like at like 33%, the entire party has to be in the center, because Big tonberrie slashers spawn along the outside and slowly creep toward the middle (dps race part)

Doesn't drop enough runes tho, and if it does drop darklight armor, it looks like they stayed on abysmal drop rates.....
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Tomestones are traded in for Darklight Armour. I'm thinking that might be the whole point.
    (0)

Player

Love that feel of danger caused by Big Tonberry following you. It's been really fun!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Catapult View Post
    Tomestones are traded in for Darklight Armour. I'm thinking that might be the whole point.
    Darklight is very last year. And I hardly find going from spamming dungeons with low drop rates to spamming dungeons for tokens with low drop amounts much different. Still going to do the dungeon over 26 times for a single heavy darklight armor. Better than 100 I suppose, but its still spamming dungeons nonetheless. Will get boring just like it did before.

And lets not talk about trying to get enough mats to make the crafted gear. That really will take well over 100 dungeon runs...
    (0)
    Last edited by Reika; 08-27-2013 at 04:51 PM.