Player
    Character
    Starwalker Orion
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

Confirmation on How To Unlock Black Mage

Hello there, everything I had read up until recently stated that Thaumaturge to level 30 and Pugilist to level 15 were the requirements for unlocking the Black Mage. job. I do recall that these were the requirements for FFXIV 1.0.

Now I am reading that for FFXIV ARR the Pugilist class requirement is being replaced by the Arcanist to level 15 requirement. Can someone please confirm that this is now the case?

Also it would be nice if you included the source of your confirmation.

Thanks!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sandkat Sadtank
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkiller View Post
    Hello there, everything I had read up until recently stated that Thaumaturge to level 30 and Pugilist to level 15 were the requirements for unlocking the Black Mage. job. I do recall that these were the requirements for FFXIV 1.0.

Now I am reading that for FFXIV ARR the Pugilist class requirement is being replaced by the Arcanist to level 15 requirement. Can someone please confirm that this is now the case?

Also it would be nice if you included the source of your confirmation.

Thanks!
    No source but the allowed sub-classes of BLM are ACN and ARC instead of PUG and ARC. We'll have confirmation tomorrow for sure lol.

BTW Theres a BLM thread.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sandkat; 08-24-2013 at 02:05 AM.

Player
    Character
    Phelia Choupilala
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 20
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandkat View Post
    No source but the allowed sub-classes of BLM are ACN and PUG instead of PUG and ARC. We'll have confirmation tomorrow for sure lol.

BTW Theres a BLM thread.
    Isn't it ACN and ARC ?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Should wait and find out during early access or launch, because they never said whether or not the subclass is required to be leveled. of course it is always a + to level it to take the skills from it, but required to unlock jobs in ARR, undetermined.

Been asked a million times, wish a mod would have been able to clarify that a long time ago. Early access is pretty close tho, so we'll see what happens. You'll be primarily leveling up one class anyways just off of side, story, and class quests, so by the time you get to 30 you'll find out if you need to go knock out a few levels on the subclass. Jobs optimal for 4 player leveling dungeons anyways - from the mouth of the man himself, so you wont be missing out on anything even if you do continue as a class all the way up to the point where they start 8 player dungeons.
    (0)
    Last edited by Reika; 08-24-2013 at 01:39 AM.

Player
    Character
    Totomi Blomi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Phelia View Post
    Isn't it ACN and ARC ?
    That would be correct. ARC for abilities that reduce enmity, and ACN most likely for abilities that involve mana control or perhaps DOTs.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sandkat Sadtank
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Phelia View Post
    Isn't it ACN and ARC ?
    It is! lol.

My bad.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hyatt Sanguinette
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 48
    I posted this in the other BLM thread that Sandkat started as well, but here it is. Proof that you must get ARC 15 for BLM. I also have ACN already at 15 so it may or may not be required as well.
    (6)
    Asus Maximus VI Hero, Intel i7 4770k, 8 GB 1866mhz DDR3 Gskill RAM, Nvidia GTX 680 4GB, 2 TB WD Black HDD
    www.acrossx.org