Character
    Noloe Tazier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80

An Eorzean Timeline - Reborn

An Eorzean Timeline.

I thought I should copy/paste the Eorzean Timeline I posted in the CG Midlander Thread and give it it's own thread so more people could view it and not have to skim the pages in the thread looking for it.

First let me explain that the Final Fantasy XIV history tells us that things started with The First Astral era started with the wandering tribes coming to Eorzea and the Twelve welcomed them. Then they began to war and the Twelve left Eorzea. Now if we take this and go with the the repeating pattern we get: First Astral -> First Umbral -> Second Astral -> Second Umbral -> Third Astral -> Third Umbral -> Fourth Astral -> Fourth Umbral -> Fifth Astral -> Fifth Umbral -> Sixth Astral -> Sixth Umbral. But this does not line up correctly since we know we're in the Sixth Astral which turns into the Seventh Umbral. Since there's so little known, I can only expand on what I do know and understand. Thank you.

Time of the Twelve

The Time of the Twelve is the Era when the Twelve were said to live on Eorzea. It was said the land was inhabited by gods and goddesses. This could refer to the Twelve themselves, it could be the Twelve along with Primals and other magical beings, or it could just be a race of magical people. We don't know currently.

Wandering tribes began to appear in Eorzea. This could only be 3 races: Elezen, Lalafell, or Roegadyn. Miqo'te and Hyur are given specific dates to when they appeared in Eorzea. It could also be that it was an old race that evolved into one of the 3 or simply race(s) that went extinct.

*(YA) = Years Ago

First Umbral Era - Element: Wind
    Unknown Time --- The wandering tribes began to war with each other. The Twelve (gods and goddesses) were angered and left the land of Eorzea to the tribes.

First Astral Era
    Unknown Time --- The Age of Man begins.

Second Umbral Era - Element: Lightning
    Unknown Time --- Nothing is known of this calamity.

Second Astral Era
    Unknown Time --- Nothing is known of this era.

Third Umbral Era - Element: Fire
    Unknown Time --- Speculation: Possibly the rise of Bahamut?

Third Astral Era
    ~5000 (YA) ---
    • Allagan Empire founded. Expands the entire continent of Aldenard and possibly Vylbrand.
    • Allagan Empire constructs the Royal Allagan Sunway and Starway in present day Thanalan.
    • Allagan Empire imprisons Bahamut. Possibly what brought about the end of the Third Umbral era.
    • Xande creates the Allagan Empire becoming the first Allagan Emperor.

Fourth Umbral Era - Element: Earth
    ~4000 (YA) ---
    • Allagan Empire's destruction ushers in the Fourth Umbral Era. Possibly due to imprisonment of Bahamut.
    • Amon resurrects the first Emperor Xande, restoring the Allagan Glory as Xande proceeds to help conquer Meracydia which had long been able to withstand the Allagans.
    • Earthquakes were caused by the Syrcus Tower's inability to handle all the energy being absorbed from the Sun. The Tower began to sink into the land and Amon used his magic to put everyone to sleep inside the Tower.

Fourth Astral Era
    Less than 4000 (YA) more than 3000(YA) --- Nothing is known of this era.

Fifth Umbral Era - Element: Ice
    Less than ~4000 (YA) more than ~3000(YA) --- Ancestors of the Miqo'te tribes travel across the frozen seas following food.

Fifth Astral Era
    ~3000 (YA) ---
    • Eorzeans discover magic and ultimately bring about the end of the Fifth Umbral Era and usher in the Fifth Astral Era.
    • Shatotto, a very talented thaumaturge, casts Meteor to bring down a 'Star' and uses the fragments to create the Stardust Rod.
    • White Mages and White Magic flourishes and the land and people of Eorzea live in prosperity for a time.
    • Many White Mages abuse their power and ultimately cause the Sixth Umbral era to be ushered in. As a result the art dies out.
    • Grand Companies come together to prepare for the Sixth Umbral era.
    • The Amdapor civilization flourished in the Southern Black Shroud.

Sixth Umbral Era - Element: Water
    ~1572 (YA) ---
    • A Great Flood submerges and damages many parts of Eorzea. Caused by the abuse of power with the White Mages, as a result the art begins to die out.
    • The War of the Magi breaks out in Vylbrand. Ultimately the civilization of Nym is destroyed. Many of the Nymians seemingly transformed into the Tonberries.

Sixth Astral Era
    Dates are current to Sixth Astral calendar years.
    ~ denotes around the time of.

233 --- Lewphon of Sharlayan writes "The Five Ages - An Eorzean Chronology." Possible Archon?
    ~572 ---
    • Hyur begin to migrate to Eorzea in three great migratory waves.
    • Founding fathers of Ishgard encounter Nidhogg. Haldrath takes up his slain sire's lance and thrusts it into Nidhogg's eye, the first Dragoon is born.

~872 ---
    • Limsa Lomina is founded.
    • Lalafuto III reigned as Sultan of Belah'dia. His death was thought to be assassination but he apparently fled the city-state to be with his paramour.
    ~972 ---
    • Sasagan Ul Sisigan founds Ul'dah.
    • The Sultan Sworn founded, sworn to the Sultan of Ul'dah. Three swords were forged for the 3 Paladins who founded the Sultan Sworn, Curtana was created.
    • The 3 blades created were Curtana, Joyeuse, and Durandal. The Sultansworn themselves were a Lalafell, a Roegadyn, and a Hyur. (speculated races)
    1022 --- The Ixali settle in Twelveswood calling it "Tinolqa" or "Blessed Forest" in the common tongue. They build houses in the trees and can fly. They worship Garuda.
    ~1022~1072 --- Gridania is founded along with the teachings of Conjury with the help from the Elementals. It was believed to have taken 5 decades of living with the Elementals to receive permission.
    1022~1422 --- Ixali are exiled from the Twelveswood by the Elementals. They travel to the canyons of Xelphatol in Gyr Abania, Northeast Aldenard. Their young begin to be born without the feathers on their wings that catch the winds and allow them to fly.
    ~1272 --- Baldric Thorne ruled Ul'dah. The Little Ladies Day was created after Baldric realized his harshness to miller's daughter and her family.
    1272 --- The Hecatonchires (Giants), who wore Magic Binding Helmets and worked in the Copperbell Mines, broke free from their bonds and began the Great Giant Revolve during the Thorne Dynasty. They were subsequently buried where it was thought they would perish.
    1422 ---
    • Ixali invent the 'dirigbles' to make up for their lack of flight.
    • The Mad Mythril Rush begins with the advancement of new refining and smelting techniques. Under the Sultana Nanasha Ul Nasha the Mining Guild was formed.

1468 --- Ala Mhigo invades the Twelveswood beginning the Autumn War.
    1469 ---
    • Ul'dah, Limsa Lomina, & Ishgard send reinforcements to Gridania. Ala Mhigo's offense is halted and eventually the Alliance wins and Ala Mhigo withdraws.
    • Beltrant Durendaire, an Ishgardian scout along with his Choboo Ouranos, uncover a secret Ala Mhigan march while on patrol. Despite being heavily wounded Beltrant and Ouranos return to camp and make known of the Ala Mhigan position. Ouranos dies of his wounds. As a result Chocobo Barding was developed.

~1472 ---
    • The Goblin Pilgrimage begins.
    • 1st Patriarch Da Gu decrypts, deciphers, and decodes the Black Mage legend.
    • Ququruka creates Barbatos but is forced to seal it away when things go wrong.

1472~1477 --- To bring the city-states of Eorzea closer together and strengthen trade after the Autumn War, the city-states created the 'gil' currency to address the unpredictable exchange rates.

1483~1492 --- Solus soz Galvus born (Is said to be over 80 years old)
    1506 --- Roddard Ironheart creates the first complete map of Eorzea. see below²
    1521 --- The Empire of Garlemald founded under Solus zos Galvus.
    1531~ --- The Highwind Skyways was founded.
    1542 ---
    • Toto-Rak sealed by Elder Seedseer.
    • Gerbald the Red, Aubriest Stillwater, Symon the Sweet, Chiran Zabran, Thormoen Thousandgil, One-ilm Alesone, and Sibold the Stoic - The Darklight Raiders take up the job of entering Cutter's Cry. Only Sibold would reemerge alive, having lost his friends to the Chimera within.
    1552 --- Theoderic, the King of Ruin, fought to wipe out the Fist of Rhalgr, the Monks, of Ala Mhigo. Nearly all the Monks were wiped out.
    1557 ---
    • After inciting unrest within the masses of Ala Mhigo, the Garleans are able to capture the city with little bloodshed and proceed to occupy the great city of the Highlanders The Monk-less Ala Mhigans were no match for the mighty power of the Garlean Magitek and Machina.
    • Nidhogg destroys the town of Ferndale.
    • The Dragoon Ser Alberic meets Nidhogg in combat, Ser Alberic suffers injuries that make him lose his Dragoon powers.
    • Nidhogg begins it's slumber after suffering wounds in it's battle with Ser Alberic.
    • The Battle of Griffin Crossing takes place between Gridania and the Ixali. Gridania is dealt a humiliating loss.

1557~1562 --- The First Primal in Eorzea was summoned. Causing the Garleans to cease their advance into Eorzea. Odin or Ramuh maybe?
    1562 ---
    • The Garlean flagship Agrias invades Mor Dhona and does battle with the dragons. The Guardian of the Lake Midgarsormr appears and destroys the Agrias and the Garlean fleet. The battle is called Battle of Silvertear Skies
    • The Primals are released with the Ceruleum explosion caused by the impact of the Agrias and Midgarsormr colliding with the Silvertear Lake.
    • Echo awakens in mass.
    • Mor Dhona's landscape begins to change in the resulting explosion and aetherial disturbances.
    • The City-state Main Scenarios Echo begin as we enter the world of Eorzea with our characters.
    • Beastmen are exiled from Ul'dah out of fear of being targeted by Garleans.
    • The Bozja Citadel is destroyed in an experiment to bring down the lesser moon Dalamud.
    • The Bozja Citadel incident causes Cid and other engineers to leave for the City States or Eorzea.

1564 --- The Amalj'aa Summon Ifrit at Mythril Pit T-3.
    1567 --- The Sahagin become more aggressive and begin to attack. Possibly the year that The Company of Heroes defeat Titan and Leviathan.
    1570 --- Aldis, one of the Sword of Nald, leaves Ul'dah for unknown reseason. Is associated with the current Gladiator First Sword Mylla. He is also associated with Leavold the other Sword of Thal, whom sometime after Aldis' leave, created the Alacren.
    1571 --- The Empire resumes the advance into Eorzea under Nael van Darnus' and the VIIth Legion.
    1572 ---
    • Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn becomes Admiral of Limsa Lominsa, she reinstates the Maelstrom.
    • Raubahn Aldynn, the Bull of Ala Mhigo, with his wins in the Ul'dahn Gladiator arena earns himself a spot in the Syndicate. With the help of the Sultana, Raubahn reinstates the Immortal Flames despite the disapproval of the other Syndicate members.
    • The Elder Seedseer Kan-E-Senna returns to Gridania and reinstates the Twin Adders. Ultimately she's the most outspoken for the return of the Eorzean Alliace with the other two city-states Grand Companies and with help of the Adventurers the Eorzean Alliance is formed.
    • Despite having successfully defeated both Titan and Leviathan the Company of Heroes mercenary group split up for unknown reasons.

Seventh Umbral Era - Element: Unknown or None
    ~Year 0 --- Dalamud reaches a critical point and Bahamut is released from it's prison. The Eorzean Alliance and the Circle of Knowing along with us the adventurers do battle with the VIIth Legion of the Garlean Imperial Army in the Cartaneau Flats (an area north west of Ul'dah and south west of Mor Dhona). Bahamut unleashes destruction that reaches all the way to Limsa Lominsa, ushering in the Seventh Umbral Era.
    Year 0 --- Bahamut is defeated or subdued sometime after we adventurers are teleported away into a void to return in 5 years. Currently unknown as to what stopped Bahamut's rampage.
    Year 5 --- A Realm Reborn:
    • New Adventurers arrive in one of the 3 City-States.
    • The Adventurers transported away from the Battle of Cartaneau Flats reemerge in Eorzea, learning that they have been forgotten by the majority. A few still remember the now Warriors of Light but the memories are very vague and or appear fuzzy to the owner.

Thanks to Ferne and the Dev team for creating a place for us Loremongers.

² In One Are Twelve
    A map is as precise
    As the malms walked in her making,
    Yet I fear these feet
    Have but far too few between them.
    May she serve faithfully
    Any who would employ her for good,
    And shun all who would fill
    Her borders with blood.
    Twelve see the steps taken
    By those who heed her humble guidance
    Ensure her legacy endures.

***Navy Blue denotes new dates obtained in ARR.
    (59)
    Last edited by NoloeTazier; 03-04-2015 at 10:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    Noloe Tazier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Bump for the update. Enjoy. Will continue adding more as dates and things are uncovered.
    (3)
    Check out my Lore posts:
    An Eorzean Timeline: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/64377-An-Eorzean-Timeline-Reborn

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Wooo, it's back! /cheer <NoloeTazier>
    (3)
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Blaetrot Pfarskoefsyn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Hmm, so the star shower could have been Dalamud destroying the Bozja Citadel. I honestly wonder how much the 7th umbral plot was in the original scenario.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    We have new information on the founding of Gridania, approximately five hundred years ago, which coincided with the invention of Conjury and the restoration of White Magic in the hands of the Padjal. This is also when the Duskwight and Wildwood clans diverged.
    I don't have an exact date.

We also need to add in the foundation of Limsa Lominsa, though I'm not your expert on the subject.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Noloe Tazier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Catapult View Post
    We have new information on the founding of Gridania, approximately five hundred years ago, which coincided with the invention of Conjury and the restoration of White Magic in the hands of the Padjal. This is also when the Duskwight and Wildwood clans diverged.
    I don't have an exact date.

We also need to add in the foundation of Limsa Lominsa, though I'm not your expert on the subject.
    Updated with some of my notes I took from phase 3 and 4. Looking at the timeline, the founding of Gridania and the Elezen working with the Elementals is very hand-in-hand with the Ixali being exiled from the same woods. Doesn't seem like a coincidence to me. Maybe the Elementals needed the Elezen to further push their agenda...a lesser of two evils maybe? Also the time of the Great Giant Revolt is the same time as the Sil'dih being wiped out.
    (0)
    Check out my Lore posts:
    An Eorzean Timeline: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/64377-An-Eorzean-Timeline-Reborn

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Catapult View Post
    The number I most oft hear thrown around is about 700 years - but we heard that in both 1572 SAE and 5 SUE, so consider it a "circa" 875 Sixth Astral Era-ish, which is now on our timeline, here. ^^
    (1)
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Lysander Mal'dranith
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Thanks for the post! Helped realign some stuff for character backstory xD
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Noloe Tazier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexar View Post
    Thanks for the post! Helped realign some stuff for character backstory xD
    No problem, thanks for taking the time to check it out. I'll be updating it as I go, everytime I hear a date or some form of time I get giddy for new tidbits.
    (0)
    Check out my Lore posts:

Player
    Character
    Alexander Dragonfang
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Very fun read, may i ask for links to read more lore please :3?

Im really loving the depth of this game´s lore.
    (0)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast