Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Carnage Incarnate
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Those nymian turned tonberries are not most, they are minority as WP is actually a sanctuary temple for treating sick peeps back in that era; besides just count how many tonberries we really encountered inside wp?(below 100)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Actually, that's not correct - during the last SCH Job quest, Surito Carito states clearly that the Wanderer's Palace was basically the Nymian's civilization's attempt to stop the spread of the 'sickness from the sea', that they sealed those so afflicted within and tried to drown them by flooding the temple (forming what became Bronze Lake).

Naturally though, that failed and those who had been turned into tonberries remained trapped within for over 15000 years, their resentment at being betrayed by their fellow countrymen and women festering over the millena into the rancor that festers within them (spoilered for those who haven't yet levelled SCH):

Quote Originally Posted by SCH Job quest 'The Beast Within
    Surito Carito: "I am... I was, Surito Carito, before the sickness from the sea transformed me."
    Surito Carito: "The traders, they were the first. As their ears and noses began to atrophy, their limbs grew shorter, and their skin..."
    Surito Carito: "We scholars tried to halt the spread, tried to find a cure. But in time, we too fell ill."
    Surito Carito: "Sympathy turned to fear, and fear turned to anger. Monsters they called us, abominations!"
    Alka Zolka: "Then... then you were once a man?!"
    Surito Carito: "They sealed the sick within the temple with magicks--tried to drown us... tried to forget us..."
    Surito Carito: "Though our bodies had changed, our minds remained intact."
    Surito Carito: "But within every man lurks a beast. When those whom you call kin deny you, come to hate and despise you..."
    Surito Carito: "I too succumbed to the rancor-until you reunited me with Lily, my dearest sun."
    Surito Carito: "Long has my mind been clouded with hatred. But by the resplendent light of Lily, at long last, I am free..."
    (3)
    Last edited by Enkidoh; 03-18-2014 at 10:16 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sinon Everglade
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    I can only imagine how old our characters are in 2.2...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ania Tichy
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    I really love this thread, thanks for putting in all the hard, but I imagine fun work. This should assist me with making adjustments to Aeriica's backstory. I love the lore thread as a whole, keep it up lore mongers!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ania Tichy
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidoh View Post
    Actually, that's not correct - during the last SCH Job quest, Surito Carito states clearly that the Wanderer's Palace was basically the Nymian's civilization's attempt to stop the spread of the 'sickness from the sea', that they sealed those so afflicted within and tried to drown them by flooding the temple (forming what became Bronze Lake).

Naturally though, that failed and those who had been turned into tonberries remained trapped within for over 15000 years, their resentment at being betrayed by their fellow countrymen and women festering over the millena into the rancor that festers within them (spoilered for those who haven't yet levelled SCH):
    Thanks for bring this up, I was quite moved with the last Scholar quest.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rannie Lfey
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamuKun322 View Post
    I can only imagine how old our characters are in 2.2...
    about a year older from when ARR started. It states in the quest that it had been about full year since you started the game in game terms. For the people who are legacy players they're a total of 6 years older (meaning they were 5 years older at the start of ARR and then add on another year...)

So example I could say for my character's "Bio" when he first entered Ul'dah he was 19... now he's an Original Warrior of light so add 5 years that would be 24 then add another he would be 25.... actually my bad i'd say it was probably a year before dalamud hit sooo 7 years then my character would be 26

(though this is all just guestimating on what I remember with the main storyline for 1.0)
    (0)
    Last edited by Rannie; 05-13-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sylve Lowen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    now he's an Original Warrior of light so add 5 years that would be 24
    Well, technically. He would have been born 24 years ago, but he wouldn't actually be 24. He'd still be 19 biologically, as the teleportation into the future was instantaneous as far as we know. The adventurers in the opening cutscene are in the same poses as they were when they were teleported, and were still covered in the soot and dirt from fighting at Carteneau.

So while everyone who wasn't sent forward in time experienced five years of aging, those of us who were teleported experienced some... ...two or three seconds.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rannie Lfey
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Not really if you watch the Beginning Movie with the Derplander it showed he aged by about 5 years or so. Per the explanation and the whole Contest for that commercial voice over we had we weren't transported to the future we were held outside of time for 5 years and then brought back.
    (0)
    I have a secret to tell. From my electrical well. It's a simple message and I'm leaving out the whistles and bells. So the room must listen to me Filibuster vigilantly. My name is blue canary one note* spelled l-i-t-e. My story's infinite Like the Longines Symphonette it doesn't rest- TMBG Birdhouse in your Soul
    A huge THANK YOU!!!! For FINALLY selling the Meteor Survivor Polo on the store. AND a huge thanks to my friend who bought it for me while he was at Fan Fest!!! YES I finally have my POLO!!!

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    he aged by about 5 years <...> we were held outside of time
    How do you age in accordance with the ravages of time when you're over nyah and time is over nyah?

Watch the Miqo'te bard when Louisoix casts - as she spell goes off, she covers her face with her arms as if she's about to take a hit, and when she reappears, she's still in that same position for a moment like, "No? ... Nothing?" and slowly lowers her arms like, "Wait, what?" If that's not a hint that the travel was instant relative to the party, I dunno what is.
    (5)
    Last edited by Anonymoose; 05-14-2014 at 03:33 AM.
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Rannie Lfey
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    *shrugs* i misinterpreted it then... Or miss read it I thought Ferne had said that about the midlander but he could have been talking about someone else. Oh well I don't give a crap anymore thank ever so much for reminding me why i no longer come onto the forums
    (0)
    I have a secret to tell. From my electrical well. It's a simple message and I'm leaving out the whistles and bells. So the room must listen to me Filibuster vigilantly. My name is blue canary one note* spelled l-i-t-e. My story's infinite Like the Longines Symphonette it doesn't rest- TMBG Birdhouse in your Soul
    A huge THANK YOU!!!! For FINALLY selling the Meteor Survivor Polo on the store. AND a huge thanks to my friend who bought it for me while he was at Fan Fest!!! YES I finally have my POLO!!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast