Page 372 of 532 FirstFirst ... 272 322 362 370 371 372 373 374 382 422 472 ... LastLast
Results 3,711 to 3,720 of 5313
    Player
    Character
    Coris Teijan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 61
    I've been to the DPS forums and found a thread regarding BLM Novus... Only found out that maxing Piety to 251 might be useful and... that there actually is no "best way" so far @.@
    (0)

Player
    Character
    C'rysta Zeith
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Coris View Post
    I've been to the DPS forums and found a thread regarding BLM Novus... Only found out that maxing Piety to 251 might be useful and... that there actually is no "best way" so far @.@
    There isn’t really a “Best way” to upgrade your Relic Novus, since it basically boils down to the stats you want to have or would supplement the stats of your (future) gear. For instance, for my tank i wanted to get as much Accuracy and fill up the rest with Parry and Determination.

So, in order to put a few things into perspective, the stats of my Curtana & Holy Shield Animus were:

Curtana:
    • Strength +26
    • Vitality +30
    • Parry +20
    • Accuracy +29

Holy Shield:
    • Strength +11
    • Vitality +12
    • Parry +12
    • Skill Speed +8

I at least wanted to keep the Accuracy and Parry stats the same, so i would have to at least infuse 29 Accuracy and 32 Parry into my gear. Since i have 2 items, the 75 Stat points you have to infuse into the gear were divided into 53 Stat Points for my Curtana and 22 for my Holy Shield.

When looking at the Stat caps for both weapons, the scrolls said that the cap for Accuracy was 31 on my Curtana and Parry was 31 on my Curtana and 13 on my Holy Shield. Since i can only infuse 53 stat points on my Curtana and i wanted to at least have the same amount of Accuracy and Parry on my Curtana, i decided that i would infuse 31 Accuracy into my Curtana, leaving me with 22 Stat point i could use for my Parry stat.

The Parry stat capped at 13 on my Holy Shield, so i had 9 stat points left to infuse on my Holy Shield. Since my Accuracy stat was well over the T9 requirement, i could spend my remaining points on a stat that would increase my damage, which could either be Skill Speed, Crit Hit Rate or Determination.

A Paladin doesn’t really rely on Crits, Skill Speed only makes me run out of TP faster (making it harder for me to keep my hate up during long battles), which left me with the the Determination stat (which capped at 9).

So, when i’m done with my Curtana and Holy Shield Novus, my stats will look like this:

Curtana:
    • Strength +30 (+4 compared to Animus)
    • Vitality +35 (+5 compared to Animus)
    • Parry +22 (+2 compared to Animus)
    • Accuracy +31 (+2 compared to Animus)

Holy Shield:
    • Strength +12 (+1 compared to Animus)
    • Vitality +14 (+2 compared to Animus)
    • Parry +13 (+1 compared to Animus)
    • Determination +9 (Changed from Skill Speed +8)

From what i seen, read and believe, you would want to focus on getting spell speed. Next to that, none of the high level Black Mage weapons have Piety on them. But, i’m not a career Black Mage, so could very well be wrong on that department (^_~ )

Let’s take a look at the stats of your Stardust Animus:
    • Vitality +38
    • Intelligence +37
    • Determination +20
    • Spell Speed +40

Since you have only 1 item you can infuse materia into, you will have 75 stat points at your disposal for your Stardust. If i remember correctly, the Spell Speed, Determination and Crit Hit Rate stats cap at 44 for your weapon.

In that case, if you cap your Spell Speed at 44, you have 31 stat points left to use. The Stardust itself has Determination on it, which you could then increase by a whopping 11 points. You can also infuse 20 Determination to keep the “base damage” the same and then 11 points into something else, like Crit Hit Rate, Piety or even Accuracy (like the Laevateinn has).

Let’s say that we’ll add 44 Spell Speed, 22 Determination and 9 Accuracy to the Stardust Novus. It’s stats will then look like this:
    • Vitality +44 (+6 compared to Animus)
    • Intelligence +42 (+5 compared to Animus)
    • Determination +22 (+2 compared to Animus)
    • Spell Speed +44 (+4 compared to Animus)
    • Accuracy +9 (New stat compared to the Animus)

So, like i mentioned at the beginning. It basically boils down to what kind of stats you want to have.
    (2)

Credit goes to Niqo'te for her fabulous art in the "Nique's happy fun time!"-thread and Nix/Capa for the Caitlyn drawing to the right. \(^_^ )/
    Give her your support by liking their art!

Player
    Character
    Melfina Amastacia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Not to mention that especially for DPS roles, sub stats make up a very small amount of your overall DPS. So maxing out the two best stats for one job, vs saving some money and spreading it out over 3 stats instead is likely 1-2% loss at the very most. The big upgrade is the Weapon/Magic Damage and primary stat.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I've been working on fishing a lot recently. Melded up the gear, got 20 HQ silver sovereigns for my Forager's Rod and went fishing for the desynth.

I'm probably not the first person on the Server to catch a Twitchbeard, but I'm the first to try selling one (58% success chance at desynth L84 - I decided it wasn't worth it right now).
    I wonder if a pricetag of 500k will see it drop to an investor with gil to burn in the hunt for swimwear, or if it'll just sit on the boards until my desynth skill gets high enough to make an attempt at the act?

It resides in Nymeia's hands.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lucke Arrayo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    I have been playing The Last of Us Remastered because I never did pick up the PS3 version (rumors were it would see a PS4 release), and Ellie is quite the little badass.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sa'niquel Amrita
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Catapult View Post
    It resides in Nymeia's hands.
    PS. Stay out of my wardrobe.
    (0)

Masamune ♡ SGD ♡ Australia
    My DA / FFXIV SS Glamours - http://tinyurl.com/mvmdebr

Player
    Character
    C'rysta Zeith
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Niqote View Post
    That reminded me of this: “Silly Hyur, Miqo'tes are not Cats

(1)

Credit goes to Niqo'te for her fabulous art in the "Nique's happy fun time!"-thread and Nix/Capa for the Caitlyn drawing to the right. \(^_^ )/
    Give her your support by liking their art!

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Niqote View Post
    Breaking news: Nique thinks she owns the market boards.
    (I bought a blue summer maro.)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Exocryst Lebreska
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Since 2.3 started, I've worked on both Leatherworker and Weaver. Now both are at level 50 ^^
    (2)
    <--Giver of yarns, not the giver of darns :3
    Follow me on Twitter @Antanias_

Player
    Character
    Meru Aradan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    It's just for me or the tanks become a clone army? Everybody have the divine war set as glamour...

Yesterday I defeated twinty, so next week poem will be an ode to her.
    (No congratulation please. I was carried and it didn't feel any joy in looking the other while i was dead )
    (1)
    Etsi cor in Chaos,
    Aut Fortuna bella ferat
    Occurram et obviam ibo.

(credit for art to Niqote)
    Eorzean poetry: a poor written poem collection on the world of Eorzea.
    http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1451382/blog/1336222/

Page 372 of 532 FirstFirst ... 272 322 362 370 371 372 373 374 382 422 472 ... LastLast