Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by RainStarfall View Post
    there is indeed mages ballad, but with both THM and ACN able to recover their own mp bards usually sing the TP refresh song for the DD in extended fights convincing them to sing for just you may require some work~
    I don't know how it is for ACN, but people seem to not realize that having Ballad on BLM means you can stay in your fire stance for a longer period of time which means that you have a lot less downtime where your damage is low (the time you are waiting on Blizzard ticks).

Also, you don't have to wait for your WHM's MP to be low to sing ballad. Ballad sung early can keep their MP up longer, and later in the fight when DD need TP you can Paeon for them. You can also do the reverse, as long as both DPS and Mages are getting attention at some point.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Evercy Warclan
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Flemian View Post
    So far I used up all my points on MND as well, but I was wondering how many PIE I'm going to need for later/endgame.
    Probably none. My reasoning: Vanya of Healing set (NQ and unmelded with WHM relic) has +18 PIE. Darklight of Healing (Relic weapon) gives +93. AF+1 (with Relic +1 on both WHM and SCH with Hero of Healing accesories) gives +151 PIE. That's not including your base PIE at level 50. Plus with simple AF (and the Chiran staff) I had 4k MP already on my WHM, so unless I'm spamming Cure IIs, MP shouldn't be an issue
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    MND for CNJ/WHM is the definite go-to stat. Allocate away.

For ACN and its jobs its a harder sell, but Cleric Stance exists. You could attribute full MND for your Arcanist, and then simply click on Cleric's fulltime for whenever you're on Arcanist or Summoner. Not to mention, this would give Scholar an additional option to enhance their DoTs for whenever constant healing isn't needed. And given that CNJ and THM are SMN/SCH's subclasses, I can't think of much else I'd fill the cross-class slots with besides Stoneskin, Aero, Thunder, and Swiftcast anyway. Unless you don't have a CNJ/WHM around, and then you can drop one of the DoTs for Protect.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xilra Sis
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn View Post

For ACN and its jobs its a harder sell, but Cleric Stance exists. You could attribute full MND for your Arcanist, and then simply click on Cleric's fulltime for whenever you're on Arcanist or Summoner. Not to mention, this would give Scholar an additional option to enhance their DoTs for whenever constant healing isn't needed. And given that CNJ and THM are SMN/SCH's subclasses, I can't think of much else I'd fill the cross-class slots with besides Stoneskin, Aero, Thunder, and Swiftcast anyway. Unless you don't have a CNJ/WHM around, and then you can drop one of the DoTs for Protect.
    ACN/SMN cannot use cleric stance. Only SCH can of the arcanist classes, meaning there is no way around the stat differential.
    (2)

5. 08-24-2013 05:05 AM

Player
    Character
    Fleminia Winsome
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by NintenPyjak64 View Post
    Probably none. My reasoning: Vanya of Healing set (NQ and unmelded with WHM relic) has +18 PIE. Darklight of Healing (Relic weapon) gives +93. AF+1 (with Relic +1 on both WHM and SCH with Hero of Healing accesories) gives +151 PIE. That's not including your base PIE at level 50. Plus with simple AF (and the Chiran staff) I had 4k MP already on my WHM, so unless I'm spamming Cure IIs, MP shouldn't be an issue
    A thanks a lot, I haven't played 1.0 nor the first 3 beta and I'm not really into endgame content/stat/sets. Totally forgot about the stats for set bonuses. Thanks! All MND that is, then.
    (0)
    "Give me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference."

Player
    Character
    Nishka Ciel
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I can't create my own thread yet so tossing here some stat thoughts about the scholar
    First a few things to take into account.

Mind (MND) - Healing Magic Potency.
    Piety (PIE) – MP Pool

Aetherflow: Restores 20% of maximum MP and on a 1 minute cooldown (it also gives you an awesome 90% damage reduction barrier for 15 seconds)

When ever mind>piety in any situation is going to depend on three things:

1: Succor: Restores target's HP. Cure Potency: 300
    Additional Effect: Erects a magicked barrier which nullifies damage equalling the amount of HP restored. When critical HP is restored, damage nullification is doubled for 30s.

Succor2: Restores own HP and the HP of all nearby party members. Cure Potency: 150
    Additional Effect: Erects a magicked barrier which nullifies damage equalling the amount of HP restored for 30s.

2: How does the fairy scale with mind/crit and haste?
    In fact does it scale at all?

3: How will your mana hold out with a full focus on mind and is it worth putting points in piety at all or is the piety gained from gear good enough.

Will over healing leave shields?

If succor2 will apply the barrier when you overheal you can pre shield people by moving around, this will be very good in 24 man raids.
    How ever this will also drain your mana.
    In this scenario having a large mana pool will net you more mana back from aetherflow and eventually will net your more healing.

Fairy scaling

Whispering Dawn: Will this scale with haste/crit and will it scale with your mind if so how much (will it get another hot tick?)

Embrace: Same thing.

The reason why this is interesting is because in terms of hps and safety in general having spell speed>crit.
    Which means both you and your fairy will have a cast speed of 1.5 in the end instead of 2.0.

Basically if the fairy scales you might not want to use to many points in piety even though you could use the mana to pre shield.
    The pets healing might overshadow a bit of your extra mana since I doubt it can use piety (but I'm not sure)

The barrier

Simply put if the barrier won't apply when you over heal there is no point of picking up crit.
    In fact in that case you might as well avoid it like the plague.
    Even when it applies on crit from succor 1 it's still very questionable when ever you could use it the reason why is this:

Mind: Raw through put
    Spell speed: Faster cast/gbc
    Piety: In case you go oom and being able to spam more succor 2 pre damage for shields
    Crit: Like in any MMORPG unreliable for healers, but if your mana is fine it will net you more healing than piety does.

So what stats does a scholar need?
    Until we know how the pet scales it is very hard to say.

Though my main thought would be: MDN>spell haste>piety>crit
    (1)
    Last edited by Sneakaboo; 08-24-2013 at 07:13 AM.

Player
    Character
    Soraan Lutece
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I plan on putting points into MND for my CNJ/WHM as well as Scholar I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn View Post

Are you Jeryhn from FFXI/Cerberus? :P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xilra Sis
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakaboo View Post
    Edited for length ... stuff about stat priority
    I highly doubt they would exclude overhealing from the shield value of the spells, seeing as pretty much every other mechanic factors overhealing (enmity, for example).

This being said, I believe that it will end up being MND > CRIT > PIE > HASTE

All haste does is (very slightly) speed up your delivery and INCREASE your mana consumption for zero gain in efficiency. Additionally, it has zero effect on regen time/hots, to the best of my knowledge. This isn't a twitch game like WoW where you will be spam bombing huge heals as fast as you can into people, and long encounters will mean that mana efficiency will most likely be king for a long time to come. MND for effectiveness, CRIT for the large succor shields (and more effectiveness), PIE for manapool + regen rate, and then haste last as being only a throughput stat.

Just my 2c.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nishka Ciel
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    The basic approach for healers in most MMO's is stack a mana regen until comfortable, rest through put.
    Reducing a cast by 0,5 second and having a shorter global cooldown are beneficial in their own right.
    It gives you a faster response,allows you to push more healing in a shorter amount of time.
    It also makes the stop cast mana management approach saver.

For now the game has given me the impression being faster is better.

I don't think a realm reborn will focus on long 24 man encounters, might be wrong but I assume some where between 8 and 15 minutes.
    ARR can be compared to TBC WOW in terms of speed, current wow is a spamfest which trades healing tactics and mana management for spam.

The reason I consider crit to be of low is because it's RNG.
    Yes it nets you more big heals but you have no idea when they will land.
    If you succor the tank it will be 100% useful but if you top some one with it and you crit then the shield might not be used.

Personally I rather relay on having that extra faster heal than hoping for a crit.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sneakaboo; 08-24-2013 at 08:05 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ladio Amira
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Investing into spell speed is pointless because you need an ungodly amount to make it worthwhile, which only hurts yourself in the end and you don't need to stack piety for mana regen because you have skills that replenish it, along with Bard's MP song and items.
    (0)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast