Player
    Character
    Shadow Moonwolf
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Stats & Bonus Points

As FFXIV:ARR is about to kick off, I am looking to see thoughts and opinions on how the revised WHM class will change point allocation style of the old WHM of 1.0. Any Long Time Legacy or 1.0 WHM's have any good insight on where to place them?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rain Starfall
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Didn't play 1.0, but with cleric stance points in INT seem worthless, that pretty much leads to pie mind or vit if your really gunning for that extra HP. I don't know if anybodies done the math for calculating mp costs (its based on your mp iirc?) so until them tests are done I personally will be taking the extra potency from mind which also doubles up as more INT for nuking with cleric stance up.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ladio Amira
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    All 30 points into MND.
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Sebastian Aru
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    That's why I really don't like this point system. What does it really add to the game if it's only optimal to put them all into a main stat? if anything it gimps the Arcanist who can branch into a healer or caster dps.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Ladio Amira
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianaru View Post
    That's why I really don't like this point system. What does it really add to the game if it's only optimal to put them all into a main stat? if anything it gimps the Arcanist who can branch into a healer or caster dps.
    You'll be able to re-spec your points and most people will favor one over the other.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tandy Thorne
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I must say, for most jobs aside from tanks, the points are worthless. Everyone just puts them in primary stat and forgets about it. All this does is gimp arcanist. Tanks have some choice, but not enough to even warrant them IMO.

They should just give everyone the extra 30 to primary stat as you level up and be done with it.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Ferth Fontaine
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by VanWulfen View Post
    You'll be able to re-spec your points and most people will favor one over the other.
    But they've already stated that changing your stats won't be something you can do on a whim and this ideology flies directly in the face of the "play anything you want" style that the armoury system is supposed to foster. The current stat distribution system is little more than an illusion of choice.

The real kicker though is that those 30 stat points probably won't make any real difference to your ability to complete content... it's just going to make people who play arcanist a little uneasy that sometimes they will play a class that feels like it can't ever be optimal.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Greeneyed Sue
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferth View Post
    stuff that made me exceed the character limit
    Forgive my ignorance, however if you get your stat points allocated every however many levels, what does where you put your stats as a CNJ have to do with where you put your stats as a GLD (or anything else)? I know for fact that the points I put into MND when I was conjuring did not end up in my MND when I was... Gladiating?

At any rate, I don't think where you put your stat points will have any bearing at all with your stats as another class.

Edit: Oh, I get it... you arcanists and your "I can slot dps or healing soul" dilema
    (0)
    Last edited by Myrdyn_Wyldt; 08-23-2013 at 12:02 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ladio Amira
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferth View Post
    But they've already stated that changing your stats won't be something you can do on a whim and this ideology flies directly in the face of the "play anything you want" style that the armoury system is supposed to foster. The current stat distribution system is little more than an illusion of choice.

The real kicker though is that those 30 stat points probably won't make any real difference to your ability to complete content... it's just going to make people who play arcanist a little uneasy that sometimes they will play a class that feels like it can't ever be optimal.
    Looks like your Summoner will have some extra healing power then.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ophelia Payne
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I chose Mi'Qote Keepers of the moon for the 23 MND base stats. Considering that I have Cleric Stance, I'm thinking of just dropping points into more MND, VIT for survivability, and possible some into PIE in case I have mana issues. I'll have to see how my mana issues are for sustained fights, but other than that, MND and VIT all the way.
    (0)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast