Character
    Ainslie Tinley
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90

MP problems

Hello,I'm here for some advice.
    Ever since about lvl30 I get to a point at boss battles where you run out of mana. At first I was so lucky to have a Bard in group and didn't feel the problem, but then it got real. They told me only use Cure I and Freecure, but Freecure almost never pops for me, at most once in all a boss fight if not even once at all. And I also take care of not overhealing and eat hi-ether potions.
    I'm still running Brayflox so I have neither Regen and Shroud avalaible. I don't even know if the first helps with mana as well, still have to learn using both (and advice on those would be appreciated as well).
    Thank you in advance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ruby Corona
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Since you mentioned Brayflox, I have a question, do you use Esuna often to remove the poison? That could be the reason why you run out of mana so fast, The poison hurts a lot more the more it stacks so you end up curing more than you really need to, thus losing all your mana. It's possible that you don't notice the overhealing because the HP is dropping a lot, but you have to make sure the condition is right so you don't have to heal as much.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Oxide Vanwen
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    It's really about Mana Management and hoping your DPS and Tank are on the same page - With a good tank I can keep him up through most trash with Stoneskin + Regen. In fact you should almost always have Regen ticking on the tank as it heals more over time than Cure spam will. If you feel a bit overwhelmed with the damage the tank is taking or you have DPS that want to choose their own target you can always pick a mob not targeted by the Tank and Fluid Aura + Repose. You also have to keep in mind that many tanks and DPS still suffer from WoW-Mentality where they believe they can rush in pick up everything in 2 seconds and AoE it down. However there are many of both types who will also listen to their healer and will try to work with you...after all it does pay to be nice to the person playing whack-a-mole with your health bar. But in terms of actual assistance with basic healing - Always keep Regen up, and make sure the tank has Stoneskin before each pull.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ralkon Kon'lai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    it gets alot better later on with lvl 60-70 gear, of course it also depends on the other members of the group not getting hit too often and avoiding uneeded dmg.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ainslie Tinley
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I use Stoneskin before each pull, yes, but it goes away right away, sometimes I feel it's like it does no effect...is it normal?
    As for Regen as I said I still haven't tried it cause what I'm running is lower level and locks it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Decrith View Post
    Since you mentioned Brayflox, I have a question, do you use Esuna often to remove the poison? That could be the reason why you run out of mana so fast, The poison hurts a lot more the more it stacks so you end up curing more than you really need to, thus losing all your mana. It's possible that you don't notice the overhealing because the HP is dropping a lot, but you have to make sure the condition is right so you don't have to heal as much.
    Yes, I Esuna poison right away, or at least as soon as I can (I'll heal a dying Tank before cleansing a dps). It sure doesn't help that Esuna is expensive as well, especially when people stack and get poison at the same time...I wish there was a group cleanse!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Viva Diva
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    First time I ran this dungeon I ran out of mp. Tank wouldn't avoid aoe, combined with poor mana management on my part. Use esuna first if the tank is above half health to prevent the poison from ticking then use cure 1. Remove poison on party members but don't throw cures at them unless they get directly but by aoe. If poison is removed right away they will lose very little health and allow you to focus on the tank again.

Also update your gear and jewelry. Level appropriate gear is a must. Even the basic gear from the store will be better than the unique items that are 10 levels too low.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aya Eifwen
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    My first time was rough as well. Brayflox is quite a good teaching dungeon for healers. First, your job is to keep people alive -not at full health. Damage Dealers can be ignored until they are status effected or at half health. Use ethers as soon as you can. The timer is painful. As others suggested, esuna saves magic power. Also, communicate. Tell your party what they are doing that strains your magic points. Best of luck!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Memory Foam
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlamila View Post
    I use Stoneskin before each pull, yes, but it goes away right away, sometimes I feel it's like it does no effect...is it normal?
    As for Regen as I said I still haven't tried it cause what I'm running is lower level and locks it off.

Yes, I Esuna poison right away, or at least as soon as I can (I'll heal a dying Tank before cleansing a dps). It sure doesn't help that Esuna is expensive as well, especially when people stack and get poison at the same time...I wish there was a group cleanse!
    I can't remember for sure what stoneskin is modified off of, but I believe it's HP or VIT, so most likely placing it on DD is a waste of time, and explains why it wears off so quick due to it not offering as much protection due to low hp/vit
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kael Elenion
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Impendus View Post
    I can't remember for sure what stoneskin is modified off of, but I believe it's HP or VIT, so most likely placing it on DD is a waste of time, and explains why it wears off so quick due to it not offering as much protection due to low hp/vit
    it's a % of hp. it's basically useless on anyone but tanks(war) but i pop it on team I'm between fights. saves a little mp in the flight and let's you dot enemies first to get them down faster, also helping mp. never use in combat from my experience.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sypha Belnades
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    My WHM is still running Brayflox. One thing I've noticed about that dungeon (and all dungeons really) is that it really depends on the rest of the party. I had a tank that had such bad gear I almost had to spam Cure 2 on him constantly because every hit took that much MP. With a tank that can't hold hate on all mobs just burns your mp. Same thing with party members that don't get out of AoE's, it starts to get really overwhelming and you run out of MP fast.

One thing I've tried to do was glance at my buffs after every cure so I catch all the Freecures. I don't think they last very long and I tend to miss them when things are chaotic. Don't worry, it gets a little easier with Regen and I think it'll get much better when we get Shroud, don't give up!
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast