Player
    Character
    Ophelia Payne
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by NintenPyjak64 View Post
    The base stats will not matter from start to endgame unlike the horror stories I've heard about XI. They are purely there for lore baed reasons
    Yes, The base stats are pretty similar no matter which race you choose, but I like the Mi'Qote aesthetically and one or two points in the right places can't possibly hurt me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Loves Cake
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Hey,

So this probably isnt the best place to ask but is there any way possible to respec my stats after they've been placed? i accidently pumped my points into INT and not MND cause of me misclicking at ridiculous AM. -_-
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Evercy Warclan
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakaboo View Post
    The reason I consider crit to be of low is because it's RNG.
    Yes it nets you more big heals but you have no idea when they will land.
    If you succor the tank it will be 100% useful but if you top some one with it and you crit then the shield might not be used.
    Actually, for Scholar crit rate is definitly a secondary priority, as emphasized by the AF+1 set, which if you have that plus the full Hero's of Healing accessories, you'll have 134 Crit Hit Rating, which according to math I got from an LS member, that's about 14% chance to crit heal (a TON higher then White Mage will ever have with 86 crit hit rate) and it gives SCH's heals the additional buff's buff. 14% may not seem like alot, but if you're constantly healing and casting DoTs, then probabilities will be on your side (most likely)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Valiant Lightsworn
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovescake View Post
    Hey,

So this probably isnt the best place to ask but is there any way possible to respec my stats after they've been placed? i accidently pumped my points into INT and not MND cause of me misclicking at ridiculous AM. -_-
    yes there is... only 1 way in 1.0 but they are supposed to initiate multiple ways in 2.0... ill have to wait for the first switch since i want to respec from beta... if its anything like 1.0... most likely after you get your soul (if i remember correctly)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aylaine Gray
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by VanWulfen View Post
    You'll be able to re-spec your points and most people will favor one over the other.
    How do you respec your points? I need to reallocate a few, due to stat changes between versions.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eshika Ceryn
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 23
    Quote Originally Posted by Arale View Post
    How do you respec your points? I need to reallocate a few, due to stat changes between versions.
    There's an item sold by your Grand Company Quartermaster that resets them according to the description. Cost like 10k guild tokens.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Shadow Moonwolf
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Thank You all for your replies.. I was aware that things would be changing between beta's and that they were "Balancing" as they went. I was a long time FFXI player, and stats really made a world of difference and how you placed them. There were more guides and opinions on them that some of the gameplay content. After seeing so many response's, I am more relieved to just let them sit un-allocated, or just stack w/e I feel as they will help, but they might not cause a party wipe or survive difference. I'm sure as the end-game content starts to boom and gear gets spec'd and optimized the formulations and theories will become prevalent. I just hope as they do, Updates will follow as people test and fine tune their setups.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Meliae Rivanhart
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferth View Post
    But they've already stated that changing your stats won't be something you can do on a whim and this ideology flies directly in the face of the "play anything you want" style that the armoury system is supposed to foster. The current stat distribution system is little more than an illusion of choice.

The real kicker though is that those 30 stat points probably won't make any real difference to your ability to complete content... it's just going to make people who play arcanist a little uneasy that sometimes they will play a class that feels like it can't ever be optimal.
    Originally they allowed it, you could change the stats when ever you wanted there was a 10mins cool-down on respec though, but then they took it out when they went to rebuild the game, I am hoping that they will add in at a cost lets say like 10k gil so yea you would be able to respec but not like go mad with it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aylaine Gray
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceryk View Post
    There's an item sold by your Grand Company Quartermaster that resets them according to the description. Cost like 10k guild tokens.
    Spiffy. Thanks!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thanor Bael
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceryk View Post
    10K company tokens?! OMG. I want to switch to SCH from SMN but I don't think I won't be doing that anytime soon in that case. Need to swap points from INT to mind...
    (0)
    Last edited by Thanor; 08-29-2013 at 07:34 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast