Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Claire Pendragon
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    The difference in MND seemed to be too minimal to care about.

However, if fights ever drag out long enough, putting points into PIE seems like it can be useful at endgame. (Not for simply having a larger pool, I dont even look at that as a reason)

The sole reason being In Combat MP Refresh.

You regen 2% of your max MP every tick (3 seconds) during combat.

So if combat drags out long enough, and u have enough MP, u can see a reasonable amount of mp coming back to u every tick.
    But until I can compare endgame stats to eachother, and know how long fights drag out (if at all) I cant really make a good comparison of the 2 stats.
    (4)
    CLAIRE PENDRAGON

Player
    Character
    Ladio Amira
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Stacking piety on white mage is absolutly useless. There is no real reason to put points into anything else besides mind and it influces your average heal well. Adding in 10 points of mind on a person that has a weapon with 61 magic damage, 202 determation (Which is your lv50's base DTR iirc), goes from the average cure I heal of 409HP(272MND) to 421HP (282MND). Even further, they made heals even stronger in phase 4, such as making Cure I 400 potency instead of 300.

What's the point of stacking for MP when you have Mage's Ballard, Shroud of Saints that gives you a refresh potency of 80 along with cutting your enmity by half and items, to keep your MP up.
    (4)
    Last edited by VanWulfen; 08-24-2013 at 12:35 AM.

Player
    Character
    Rillifane Woren
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by VanWulfen View Post
    Stacking piety on white mage is absolutly useless. There is no real reason to put points into anything else besides mind and it influces your average heal well. Adding in 10 points of mind on a person that has a weapon with 61 magic damage, 202 determation (Which is your lv50's base DTR iirc), goes from the average cure I heal of 409HP(272MND) to 421HP (282MND). Even further, they made heals even stronger in phase 4, such as making Cure I 400 potency instead of 300.

What's the point of stacking for MP when you have Mage's Ballard, Shroud of Saints that gives you a refresh potency of 80 along with cutting your enmity by half and items, to keep your MP up.
    Yeah for whm piety doesn't seem that useful, but could be different for scholar, as only part of their job is healing, another part of a scholar's role is still keeping their dots up. Not to mention the fairies heal as well and i don't think they take any advantage of increasing a scholar base MND.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ladio Amira
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Rillifane View Post
    Yeah for whm piety doesn't seem that useful, but could be different for scholar, as only part of their job is healing, another part of a scholar's role is still keeping their dots up. Not to mention the fairies heal as well and i don't think they take any advantage of increasing a scholar base MND.
    They won't have that much trouble keeping their mana pool up with similar reasons I listed except they have Energy Drain instead of Shroud of Saints, which half of the damage you deal is returned to you as HP and MP. At level 36, you get a trait that doubles the amount of MP you gain so it effectively becomes 100%, along with being on a separate cooldown but it does use one of your aether stacks which stacks up to three.

Quick note is that SCH gets access to Cleric Stance so if extra damage is needed, you can do a quick switch and that switches your INT and MND.
    (2)
    Last edited by VanWulfen; 08-24-2013 at 01:04 AM.

Player
    Character
    Rillifane Woren
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    They won't have that much trouble keeping their mana pool up with similar reasons I listed except they have Energy Drain instead of Shroud of Saints, which half of the damage you deal is returned to you as HP and MP. At level 36, you get a trait that doubles the amount of MP you gain so it effectively becomes 100%, along with being on a separate cooldown but it does use one of your aether stacks which stacks up to three.
    If i'm not mistaken they won't be using energy drain as much as some of their other abilities need to consume that buff to be used. (Lustrate and sacred soil both need it). Plus the amount of MP restored is based upon the damage you dealt, so INT would help that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ladio Amira
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    If i'm not mistaken they won't be using energy drain as much as some of their other abilities need to consume that buff to be used. (Lustrate and sacred soil both need it). Plus the amount of MP restored is based upon the damage you dealt, so INT would help that.
    Yeah, I know about the others moves and INT is still a use for SCH, like you said. It'll most likely boil down to INT vs MND on SCH, so maybe 15/15 would be the optimal way to go but putting PIE isn't worth it. Plus Energy Drain has 150 potency which is a great.
    (0)
    Last edited by VanWulfen; 08-24-2013 at 01:11 AM.

Player
    Character
    Rillifane Woren
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Yeah, I know about the others moves and INT is still a use for SCH. It'll most likely boil down to INT vs MND on SCH. Maybe 15/15 would be the optimal way to go but putting PIE isn't worth it.
    Yeah i haven't spent any points on my arcanist till i see what the stats are like at 50 with the job stone equipped then balance myself around that possibly. And what if they adjust piety to grant bonuses to the summon's stats, think it might become useful even as extra "materia" stats on stat capped gear?

As for cleric's stance, jobs only have access to 5 cross class skills, so depending on party set up and such you may or may not have room for cleric's stance. For me i'll mostly be running with stoneskin, swift cast and surecast as a base line, leaving just 2 left open. 1 for protect when there's no other whm in the group (4 mans or 2x sch groups).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ladio Amira
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Yeah i haven't spent any points on my arcanist till i see what the stats are like at 50 with the job stone equipped then balance myself around that possibly. And what if they adjust piety to grant bonuses to the summon's stats, think it might become useful even as extra "materia" stats on stat capped gear?
    Can't say for sure until we get to test it our ourselves and I don't think they would put in a modifier for piety for Summoner but Square's is known for it's shenanigans in FFXI but I don't think that'll be a problem here. As for Summoner, it'll probably be INT from what I've seen. We'll find out tomorrow though
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rillifane Woren
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Can't say for sure until we get to test it our ourselves and I don't think they would put in a modifier for piety for Summoner but Square's is known for it's shenanigans in FFXI but I don't think that'll be a problem here. As for Summoner, it'll probably be INT from what I've seen. We'll find out tomorrow though
    Yeah it was more a thinking of a way to make the stat more useful as not too many people will be bothering with it, it's just a tiny little extra bonus on gear, even then if people had the option to drop piety on gear and pick up INT/MND/VIT instead i'm sure they would.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fleminia Winsome
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    So far I used up all my points on MND as well, but I was wondering how many PIE I'm going to need for later/endgame.

Off: Btw how can I get rid of my head/mask on the avatar? :/
    (0)
    Last edited by Flemian; 08-24-2013 at 02:46 AM.
    "Give me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference."

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast