Player
    Character
    Evercy Warclan
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Foulander View Post
    I chose Mi'Qote Keepers of the moon for the 23 MND base stats. Considering that I have Cleric Stance, I'm thinking of just dropping points into more MND, VIT for survivability, and possible some into PIE in case I have mana issues. I'll have to see how my mana issues are for sustained fights, but other than that, MND and VIT all the way.
    The base stats will not matter from start to endgame unlike the horror stories I've heard about XI. They are purely there for lore baed reasons
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    I did 20 MND/10 VIT.

I did more than enough events in 1.0 where I would be partied with another WHM and the only reason we didn't wipe was because I was able to survive whatever attack with even a few HP where the other WHM simply died. I will need to see how MP is in high tier fights, PIE might be useful as higher MP = more MP recovered per tic.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Wargasmic Wargasm
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    For now the MND potency is like super awesome STACK MND when u can, and a bit of VIT if you feel like you're super squishy.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Berithar Zazikel
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    All piety I'd rather have more mana.
    (1)
    Have Fun. Play Hard. Get off that chair every hour at least and move, Be Safe.
    <---How I feel when playing with friends ^^

Player
    Character
    Flain Fenrir
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I've put a little in piety but mostly going with mind, which is prob the worst thing to do... I should just have picked one shouldnt I?!!

Maybe there'll be a RDM type job with a cross-class Refresh meaning the max MP isn't so important.

A lot will depend on how future support classes go (is there a Mage's Ballad for bard? I haven't played it yet)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fiofel Zalalafell
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 1

White Mage Bonus Stat Point Allocation

Hi OP,

At the moment, I feel the stat points would benefit in one of three areas.

Vitality for increased max HP.
    Mind for increased healing magic potency. When using the ability, Cleric's Stance, the Mind stat is used for attack magic potency instead.
    Piety for increased max MP, increased MP regen in-combat, and increased MP regen between encounters.

From what I have seen so far in Phase 4 / Open Beta, I am personally pursuing Mind for stat point for increased healing during most encounters. I hope to make up any shortcomings in my max HP through gear, such as +Mind accessories melded with +Vitality materia. Will need to gauge how Shroud of Saints and supplementary MP from Bard's Mage Ballad play in before considering Piety (MP did not seem an issue as much in Phase 4 content as it did in Phase 3).

Should I encounter a series of area attacks or misfortunes that a durable healer could have endured, I will most likely adopt the "a dead healer is no healer at all" philosophy and respec to include Vitality, preferably until I can survive with a full Stoneskin.
    (6)
    Last edited by Fiosha_Maureiba; 08-23-2013 at 08:52 PM.

Player
    Character
    Rain Starfall
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    there is indeed mages ballad, but with both THM and ACN able to recover their own mp bards usually sing the TP refresh song for the DD in extended fights convincing them to sing for just you may require some work~
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Valiant Lightsworn
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferth View Post
    But they've already stated that changing your stats won't be something you can do on a whim and this ideology flies directly in the face of the "play anything you want" style that the armoury system is supposed to foster. The current stat distribution system is little more than an illusion of choice.

The real kicker though is that those 30 stat points probably won't make any real difference to your ability to complete content... it's just going to make people who play arcanist a little uneasy that sometimes they will play a class that feels like it can't ever be optimal.
    it makes a difference but its not so big a difference that a few points to another stat will hurt me... ie ACN who will have 15int/15min if you try to do both. Atleast in beta 4 i didnt notice much of a difference while healing myself before and after applying points. My gear with cure potency +?% seems to do more than allocating points to mind.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fate Amarthan
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    How does the stat relocation work at later levels? How much does it cost? Is it based on level or?

Curious to know if I can add stats for low level play, but once I am higher level re do them to stack MND or something, without it costing more.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Valiant Lightsworn
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AAAFate View Post
    How does the stat relocation work at later levels? How much does it cost? Is it based on level or?

Curious to know if I can add stats for low level play, but once I am higher level re do them to stack MND or something, without it costing more.
    For low or high level play it doesn't affect the play as much as you would want.. For a WHM Cure potency +? and +?% adds more to healing than mind. Not that its not important to spec well. The points are best used where you feel you have the greatest weakness as a healer. If you trust in your mana usage/control place all to mind, otherwise piety would benefit you more
    (0)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast