Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Kaizz Zaku
    World
    Alexander
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 7
    Kind of sucks because I'm trying to learn the dungeons prior to entering the game (since I main tanks all the time), but there's nothing lol
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lily Arlune
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Proteus1 View Post
    Whenever people get banned from Twitch, it makes gaming news. If 27 streamers got banned all at once, everybody and their brother would be talking about it on Twitch and several other forms of gaming media. Nothing like that has ever happened before and it would be huge news in the streaming community. Can you actually name any of these streamers who were supposedly banned? I don't even think there was a total of 27 people showing FF14 content on Twitch.
    From what I understand of the NDA and what some people were trying to pull, you can't stream screenshots in sequence to make it similar to video. During phase 3 I remember a few people who set it up to take a picture every 5 or 10 seconds and stream the picture til the next one was taken. It was a dumb work around with a rather clear intent. Scattered and random screenshots are different and take quite a bit of explaining on the part of the streamer
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rosalynne Hawethorne
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    If I was going to stream during early access when it wasn't allowed I know the first thing I'd do would be to post about it on the official forums.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Okazaki Masamune
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Proteus1 View Post
    Nobody I know of got banned from Twitch, certainly not for showing FF14 screenshots. Guys who showed screenshots like Kripparrian, Towelliee, and CriticalChocolate are all still streaming right now as I type this. In fact go to CriticalChocolate's stream right now, he's showing nothing but a non stop FF14 screenshot slideshow right at this moment.
    What Lily said is correct. People were banned for streaming frame by frame slideshows, which in all essence is a low frame rate movie. People try bending around the NDA looking for loopholes where as I abide to the terms. I talk about the game, and i show screens.

These are not progressive screens, it is a random slideshow which alternates every 7 seconds, theres a big difference when you get down to it.

I was around watching people get banned and yes I've been streaming screenshots on my critical chocolate channel because I'm doing whats clearly noted in the limits of the NDA since beta phase 3.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Nau Cloudbearer
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    to add to this

people on twitch were NOT getting banned what twitch were doing was removing the streams from the FFXIV listing so they could not be searched or gain new viewers and eventually everyone left, most if not all who had this had their accounts flagged for staff review
    (1)

As we announced previously, video and audio taken during early access may not be posted or streamed.

Users are able to record video during early access (and previously, Beta 4) but may not post the video until launch.
    (74)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Kuari Thunderclaw
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Got a specific time out of curiousity, Bayohne? To avoid the whole time zone confusion?
    (4)
    Last edited by Kuari; 08-23-2013 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Bayohne

Player
    Character
    Luzaf Ephramad
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    All I have to say is "Why?"

Seriously
    (26)

Player
    Character
    Yavi Mahyisti
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    It's quite strange that there is still an NDA on a product we have purchased. In fact, I believe that is illegal in most countries, including the US and Canada if memory serves me right.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Faris Leonhart
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 61
    Can't understand why... but w/e its only 3 days but we need an exact time for when we are allowed to stream? worldwide time.
    (1)

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast