Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Flintwood Vale
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 30
    Why do they not want us showing off their amazing game? Especially this close to launch?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kuari Thunderclaw
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Yavi View Post
    It's quite strange that there is still an NDA on a product we have purchased. In fact, I believe that is illegal in most countries, including the US and Canada if memory serves me right.
    They're legal: http://jobsearchtech.about.com/od/la...sclosure_2.htm
    Gives pretty accurate info, even if it refers more to employee NDAs. Some states it might be different, but yeah. Issue is, that its not in the User Agreement or anything like that currently. I mean, they do have the right to discipline accounts for any reason regardless and refuse service (to an extent), but they could essentially say no video and streaming at all, and while they might not be able to take legal action, they would be within their rights to take account actions. Its one of those loopholes really. Its technically not a legally (as in court) enforceable one, but its not illegal for them to enforce it either

Its odd as hell, but eh, sounds like there were some contractual things involved?
    (6)
    Last edited by Kuari; 08-23-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Player
    Character
    Rjain Midnight
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 83
    The official launch isn't until the 27th. I'm sure everyone can deal with a few more days of not streaming. Best not to get your account in trouble.

There could be many reasons involved. Early access will probably be extremely bumpy and they might not want that stuff streamed to the world if it takes people half a day to get into the game. They could still have contractual obligations with voice actors and other companies. Who knows. It's not really up to us to know the reasons though.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Kaze Calad
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    NDA fully lifted only at the official release so on the 27th @ x:00 PDT :3

Quote Originally Posted by Miyochan View Post
    Hi
    I found some website that announce they will do live broadcast for this early access. As I remember correctly, the NDA for video post still effect and will not lift until the official release.

But I read that from the beta forum and when the beta forum was gone already. I just want to confirm with dev team here that the NDA still not lift for video live broadcast yet or not?

If that so I'll tell them not to do it or I'll report them hahaha
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rymia Ayrin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    With all the streamers who basically advertise your game for free why are you against free advertising?

Quote Originally Posted by Yavi View Post
    It's quite strange that there is still an NDA on a product we have purchased. In fact, I believe that is illegal in most countries, including the US and Canada if memory serves me right.
    Not 100% sure this applies during early access legacy players didn't purchase it
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fluoxetine Godhand
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 62
    Quote Originally Posted by Rjain View Post
    There could be many reasons involved. Early access will probably be extremely bumpy and they might not want that stuff streamed to the world if it takes people half a day to get into the game. They could still have contractual obligations with voice actors and other companies. Who knows. It's not really up to us to know the reasons though.
    Sure would be nice if they threw us a damn clue though, wouldn't it? I mean, considering we all paid for this game at one point.
    (0)

The Tos that we click "agree" on when in the process of installing the Game launcher, it has details about the terms of service agreement that we abide by agreeing to use the software.
    (0)

Strix: "Behold this collection of grimoires of legend! Feel their power and puissance, and let it fill you with rapturous pleasure...then DIE!"

<>.<>.<>
    Hai! I'm Vahl, in ur mmorpgs, sort'n my inventory and putt'n 2 many H's in my name since FFXI..
    FFXIV Inventory Tetris Champ

Player
    Character
    Ares Skullfury
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 52
    they said nda is still in affect for EA. only people with special permission can live stream
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Egg Boffin
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I'll just leave this here...

Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    As we announced previously, video and audio taken during early access may not be posted or streamed.

Users are able to record video during early access (and previously, Beta 4) but may not post the video until launch.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Satheena Mistalle
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    I don't see why people are crying about it. In the first few days I want to PLAY not stream a video or make one. I want to PLAY. Sure I may record but I won't be editing in the first week or so of launch.

Lets face it, in Early access and official Launch there are ALWAYS an issue or two. Not one MMO launch has EVER gone flawlessly I believe ours might since our open beta brought attention to some issues. If there are issues why broadcast?

A lot of people need to realize that a lot of MMOs out there had their NDA in place at early release. NDA is in place until official launch.

Early Access is NOT official release. Do not confuse the two.
    (3)
    Last edited by Xikeroth; 08-23-2013 at 06:43 PM.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast