Character
    Neha'el Sunborn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

Scholar pet healing potency

Hi there,
    not sure if it is a bug, and if it has already been adressed before.
    I have noticed that the healing potency of both my fairies are only dependent on my level and not my gear.
    You can make your own tests... Wether you are naked (but the book, in order to keep the job) or full geared, the heal you receive from your fairies doesn't vary enough to demonstrate any meaningfull impact from your own gear level.

You can advocate that, from a RP point a view it is normal... However, from a game mechanics and balnace point of view, it is not.
    Whereas it has not been a major problem so far, it can turn out to be highly problematic in the further dunjons to come.

You have either to admit that your pet healing potency is an overkill for the first level-50 instances, or it has been correctly calibrated but won't be for the following one... I mean, come on, you cannot seriously imply it takes the same gear level to go through Amdapor keep and Bahamuth Coil ... right M. Square Enix ?

Edit : tested with book level 10 and relic (normal one).
    (0)
    Last edited by Nehael; 10-27-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ice Spear
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Just tested it now by taking all armor off and I can see a difference between how much my fairy does with and without armor. With my armor off she did around 200 but with my on armor she did about 500.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sinaloa Dorn
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 61
    Would you do me a favor and check if drinking a potion of will right before summoning increases it either? If so it should sustain untill the pet dies.
    Cant access my client from here.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wexism Sync
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    The fairy stats are your unbuffed stats when you cast the fairy spell.

Its healing is also not 100% of your heals, because you have the bonus 30% from Main and Mend II. That means the fairy is doing 23%~ less per potency than you (rather, you are doing 30% more than the fairy).
    (1)
    Wexism Sync - Tonberry (JP) - Eikon
    http://www.xivarmory.com/character/2501717

WHM Healing Spreadsheet
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/107651-WHM-Healing-Spreadsheet

Player
    Character
    Neha'el Sunborn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by IceSpear View Post
    Just tested it now by taking all armor off and I can see a difference between how much my fairy does with and without armor. With my armor off she did around 200 but with my on armor she did about 500.
    Eos heals me around 540 and 560 with or without my armor on. Same goes with a relic book and a level 10 book....

Full geared

Gear off but relic

Gear off but level 10 book

I know, it aint a video, but ... Either there is something wrong about my test protocol, or there is something ain't working properly...
    (0)
    Last edited by Nehael; 10-28-2013 at 12:42 AM.

Player
    Character
    Neha'el Sunborn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Syncness View Post
    The fairy stats are your unbuffed stats when you cast the fairy spell.

Its healing is also not 100% of your heals, because you have the bonus 30% from Main and Mend II. That means the fairy is doing 23%~ less per potency than you (rather, you are doing 30% more than the fairy).
    Did you mean when you summon it ? Or when you cast a spell from your fairy already summoned ?

Ok I think I got it...

Sinaloa got something quite close to the correct answer... (or it is syncness, not sure if I got what he said right ).

The healing potency of your fairy is set when you summon it... meaning it won't change thereafter, whatever happens (like changing your stuff).

It is then not far fetched, to believe that the healing potency of your fairy may be boosted if you boost your own healing potency right before summoning it ...

Let see if that theory holds water ...

Edit : either I had no luck ... or it only takes your unbuffed carac when the fairy is summoned, which seems to be the most probable answer.
    Still, if potions do not affect your fairies stats when summoning em... you may still be able to create a "Summoning Fairy - dedicated gear" which focus on boosting your own healing potency, just before summoning your pet.

For instance : minimum HP, max swiftness, spirit, crit and so on.
    You put this gear on, you summon your fairy, and you put your real gear back on before entering combat.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nehael; 10-28-2013 at 01:16 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ice Spear
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    The fairy does have a "snapshot" when you summon it so to get the best results you'd have to summon with gear, then unsummon it change gear then summon it again. It's like say you just summoned the fairy then you change to cleric stance the fairy keeps the stats you had when you first summoned it if that makes sense?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Neha'el Sunborn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by IceSpear View Post
    The fairy does have a "snapshot" when you summon it so to get the best results you'd have to summon with gear, then unsummon it change gear then summon it again. It's like say you just summoned the fairy then you change to cleric stance the fairy keeps the stats you had when you first summoned it if that makes sense?
    It does indeed.
    It Seems to corroborate my theory just above ...
    Still need to test if creating a stuff dedicated to summoning fairies is usefull or not
    (0)