Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Akira Shiro
    World
    Alexander
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 28
    From what I have seen, the Conjurer is only able to steal healing/enhancing moves from other classes. Excluding a select few moves, 2 or 3 offensive moves IIRC, and yet none of them are AoE. From playing FF for a very long time, I always thought AreoII was a AoE move. In this version though, it somehow lost that ability? And whatever happened to the watera, and why is Stonera not a AoE move as well??? None of this makes any sense to me. From what I am seeing the White mage makes for the perfect Secondary class.... But I feel as though it is lacking a lot in order to be a primary class.
    Please, I would greatly appreciate it if someone would enlightened me, in hopes that all of my doubts are just because I have not leveled up enough.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Akira Shiro
    World
    Alexander
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 28
    I would also like to know what the purpose is for the Thalmaturge and Conjurer in having staffs. Since they can both equip shields, why would anyone ever want to equip a staff and miss out on the extra stats??? Is there something about the staffs that make them semi appealing??? Or is this just a flaw that SE never bothered to fix???
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Felix Feliday
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira-Shiro View Post
    I would also like to know what the purpose is for the Thalmaturge and Conjurer in having staffs. Since they can both equip shields, why would anyone ever want to equip a staff and miss out on the extra stats??? Is there something about the staffs that make them semi appealing??? Or is this just a flaw that SE never bothered to fix???
    Higher Magic Damage?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ailena Takhisis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Thank you for a very detailed description of the Class/Job, it really helped me a lot
    (2)

Player
    For More Information: http://ocd.enjin.com
    Character
    Doctor Hoo
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 78
    I noticed with the Increase in Potency of Heals in Phase 4, overall MP decline wasn't as bad as in previous Phases. Would still love a BLESSED MIND ability or trait added but would want a 3 min CD on it, maybe given with one of the Class Quests.
    (1)
    Order of the Crimson Dragons <OCD>
    http://ocd.enjin.com/home

Player
    Character
    Milky Joe
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Great post OP

The CNJ class needs a lot of work and changes made to it. Even simple things like being able to cast protect on anybody outside of the party should be changed....what are you thinking SE??

Guys/Girls and all healers alike, we need to stand together and make are voices heard on these matters. So lets all get together and.....

(1)

Player
    Character
    Black Beard
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedra View Post
    I think Stoneskin, is never intend to be cast on Tank except before pulling. It's been like this since FF11(except ninja) and best benefit of stoneskin is to prevent spell interruption. I like the idea to scale with MND however FF14 is not FF11 it is good enough for now.
    I agree, Stoneskin is aimed for avoiding massive AoEs damage and not to not get your spells interrupted. But whats that about scaling MND?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Roripu Totapu
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkyJoe View Post
    Great post OP

The CNJ class needs a lot of work and changes made to it. Even simple things like being able to cast protect on anybody outside of the party should be changed....what are you thinking SE??

Guys/Girls and all healers alike, we need to stand together and make are voices heard on these matters. So lets all get together and.....
    That's what I'm thinking! Pitchforks and Torches!

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorHoo View Post
    I noticed with the Increase in Potency of Heals in Phase 4, overall MP decline wasn't as bad as in previous Phases. Would still love a BLESSED MIND ability or trait added but would want a 3 min CD on it, maybe given with one of the Class Quests.
    I noticed this as well. MP issues seem to be a thing of the past for the most part in most encounters. I still have yet to see how draining curing a large alliance might be however. I also would have preferred taking a more active role in maintaining my MP pool but it seems SE is intent on making WHM the most boring and straightforward class/job in the game.

"Don't bother thinking for yourself, just keep spamming those Cure I's like a good little heal bot."

Quote Originally Posted by BJunaibi View Post
    I agree, Stoneskin is aimed for avoiding massive AoEs damage and not to not get your spells interrupted. But whats that about scaling MND?
    I'd like to remind you that Stoneskin isn't going to be saving anyone's butt from "massive damage" except the Tanks assuming he still has it on.

Other classes have such a lower amount of HP that this means their Stoneskin will also be much weaker in comparison. Keep in mind, it doesn't prevent you from being interrupted either if the protection breaks. Seeing as how it only takes 1 or 2 hits for that to happen for a Mage, it serves very little purpose on them except as a preemptive combat buff, yet that takes so long to apply that no one ever bothers letting you apply it to a whole party since that would take a staggering amount of time in the first place without Sacred Prism. People are not patient enough to wait for it.

Also, you being a Marauder/Warrior, I'm surprised you agree with Aedra's feeling that it's not meant to be cast on Tank except before pulling. Being a Warrior, you realize you're the only job that can actually debunk this? You get more value out of a single Stoneskin than any other class gets, and receive over 1000 HP from just a single cast because of the way it works. For you, it actually WORKS in mid-combat.

I think the scaling MND thing is just making it so Stoneskin would instead be based off a Cure Potency, and use your MND as a means of improving it's effectiveness. I honestly think this would be a better way to go as well since it'd deliver the same potency to every member of your party regardless of their class or job.

EDIT:
    I also updated the OP slighty to reflect the changes on MP and the need to make CNJ/WHM more proactive in their role rather than just applying spells as needed.
    (1)
    Last edited by Maldalewyn; 08-26-2013 at 07:54 AM.

Player
    Character
    Black Beard
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldalewyn View Post
    you being a WAR, I'm surprised you agree with Aedra's feeling that it's not meant to be cast on Tank except before pulling.

I think the scaling MND thing is just making it so Stoneskin would instead be based off a Cure Potency, and use your MND as a means of improving it's effectiveness
    Stoneskin scaled by percentage of HP!? Was this also the case in version 1? This IS a bummer =/. Nevertheless, I still think Stoneskin is a good cover from AoE for the Mages. It also stops spell interruption, for two hits.

As for being WAR, yes scaling does sound good! My HP gauges up to 5400, and to 6200+ with Thrill of Battle. So the WHM and I could plan before battle to get SS ready for once I use my HP boost abilities.

MND scaling for SS is way better! Back in version 1, I had macros to change gear, specially accessories, to VIT+ so my Stoneskin would make better use. Also had to use my Bonus Stats on both MND and VIT, now I can just focus on MND.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Virus Jones
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira-Shiro View Post
    So im like new to FF mmo's, and I am very curious as to why the Conjurer is so.... Not good, I mean from what I have seen other classes can take all of our enhancing abilities along with our Cure. So why is it we cannot take any offensive abilities. My biggest gripe with this class isnt its healing or enhancing abilities, it's the Conjurers inability to use AoE and offensive skills from other classes.
    My purpose for posting is that, I would like to know when the next patch is and can I expect the conjurer to be less ass. With the cross class ability in the game, the Conjurer should have access to a better range of skills than it does. Why would a conjurer who is sub classing a Thalmaturge be looking to cross class for its healing ability??? As a Conjurer I have all of the best healing abilities.
    FFXIV is an MMO first, and a Final Fantasy game second. Your preconceptions of what should be or shouldn't be based on previous Final Fantasy games probably won't ever reflect reality. The Conjurer just isn't designed to be an AoE class. While other classes can use some of our cross class abilities, they will be severely diminished in power, so you don't have to worry about getting outclassed at your main role. As for why some of the cross class abilities seem useless - I haven't the foggiest. Hopefully there are updates to the system to allow those abilities to provide secondary and tertiary bonuses to incentivize their use, but for now, it's best to ignore them.
    (0)

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast