Player
    Character
    Shiaya Shalome
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

WHM No Cast Time Heals

In the event of content where the healers have to move rapidly, it would be very helpful if SE would implement some sort of weaker healing spell that is instantly casted.

This would open up doors for boss mechanics where the healer would be forced to move and yet be able to heal the rest of the group.

Also, an aoe instant heal ability would be very helpful in this case as well.

I feel like we are very limited with these cast times, and this will prevent future content where we are constantly on the move, open a door so we can heal while moving with something other than swift cast >> heal or plain ole regen.

Any thoughts, opinions, suggestions, ideas on this other healers?

Would look forward to hear what others have to say on this topic and maybe what SE might implement provided we get enough feedback on this particular topic.

Adios and Venture forth into the Abyssal Depths of Eorzea!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lusian Royalt
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    You could try rolling with a SCH if you feel that you are experiencing this. The bubbles that SCH provide prevent some of that dmg and aids a WHM's regen and swift cast medica 2's regen to cover any mobile healing that needs getting done.

That said, I can't really see them adding such spells to a WHM's kit w/o doing something similar to SCH and that would change both classes quite a bit from what they are now. Also consider that they would take such things into consideration when designing content so WHM/SCH will never have to worry that they will get caught in any situation that they lack the tools for if both are present.

Also, you usually don't see these kinds of changes so soon after a games release as they are typically something that is done between xpacs, so I wouldn't expect any such drastic changes to gameplay just yet.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alu79; 10-19-2013 at 03:30 PM.

Player
    Character
    Liadan Summerfield
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    That's why you level Thaum to 26 for Swiftcast.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Omega Flare
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    WHM does have an instant heal. It's called "regen". It is the strongest healing spell per mana and it casts instantly. WHM are op as they are right now so I don't think they should get buffed anymore. It'd be nice but not necessary. It all depends on the skills of the players.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Sinaloa Dorn
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 61
    I could imagine a stance like DDo´s quickening (double manacost double spellspeed immune to interrups). But giving instants would make it too easy. With a stance like that you still could screw things up if maintaining it too long. But I guess it would just result in LFM Crystaltower 3/24 only bardslots left.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lusian Royalt
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by LiadansWhisper View Post
    That's why you level Thaum to 26 for Swiftcast.
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaFlare View Post
    WHM does have an instant heal. It's called "regen". It is the strongest healing spell per mana and it casts instantly. WHM are op as they are right now so I don't think they should get buffed anymore. It'd be nice but not necessary. It all depends on the skills of the players.
    You two clearly didn't read his post or you would know he mentions both those spells and fully understands how they function. No need to talk down on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaloa View Post
    I could imagine a stance like DDo´s quickening (double manacost double spellspeed immune to interrups). But giving instants would make it too easy. With a stance like that you still could screw things up if maintaining it too long. But I guess it would just result in LFM Crystaltower 3/24 only bardslots left.
    WHM can get something similar to this (tho much much weaker in effect) by chaining Swift+Sure+what ever heal. The way WHM mana regen/recovery works currently, this would be a very dangerous option they way you describe it as they would feel it either sucks and can't use it due to mana limitations OR they will end up demanding a bard be present for all content in order to use it so they feel viable. Granted BRDs are dime a dozen, they are not currently needed for WHM viability. That spell suggestion would introduce the perception of non-viability w/o a BRD present. Considering all that they do and bring to the table they already border on being required.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ser Kumcision
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    An instant AoE heal given to the WHM would be totally redundant and unnecessary. A single target instant heal with a cool down however, I see more reasonable. However, as it is, WHMs are pretty much on top in terms of emergency heals, I can't see them buffing them further on what is already their biggest strength.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Liadan Summerfield
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Alu79 View Post
    You two clearly didn't read his post or you would know he mentions both those spells and fully understands how they function. No need to talk down on him.
    I wasn't talking down to him, and I did read his post. But thanks for trying!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumines View Post
    An instant AoE heal given to the WHM would be totally redundant and unnecessary. A single target instant heal with a cool down however, I see more reasonable. However, as it is, WHMs are pretty much on top in terms of emergency heals, I can't see them buffing them further on what is already their biggest strength.
    Benediction is a single-target instant heal on a CD.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ser Kumcision
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    ^^ Exactly, which is why I don't think WHMs would need any changes at this point. OP is suggesting an AoE Instant Heal, they're not going to add that. If any instant heal were added to the WHM, it'd be more along the lines of Holy Shock of Holy Paladins.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fiddlestax White
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    WHM has enough tools as it stands. Between stone skin(situational), renew(Always good), and swiftcast(Overpowered), and benediction, there are enough buttons you can press to counteract having to move. Let me stress that swiftcast has a 1 minute cooldown and should be available.
    Any time your party is taking too much damage or your tank, you should have had renew or stone skin up. If your tank is truly getting bursted down so fast that you cant survive a small amount of movement, you can have Medica 2 (if there is similarly timed damage to party and mana isn't an issue) and renew up. A swiftcasted cure 2 and you can save your bene for the next 59 seconds. Players should be satisfied with the concept and execution of the WHM class... except cure 3.

Would be nice if cure 3 was set up with the potency of 1, instant cast at a higher mana cost. The "Overcure" proc could be set to remove it from global cooldown. Or the proc could add a short (6 second) HoT.

Class is balanced as it is though, so I doubt the wisdom of buffing it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Fiddlestax; 10-20-2013 at 03:45 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast