Player
    Character
    Seiryl Redner
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 22
    Quote Originally Posted by BJunaibi View Post
    Stoneskin scaled by percentage of HP!? Was this also the case in version 1? This IS a bummer =/. Nevertheless, I still think Stoneskin is a good cover from AoE for the Mages. It also stops spell interruption, for two hits.
    Considering Stoneskin is single target. I don't see why I would use it over Medica.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mika Taqa
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 80
    I really like the Cure > free Cure II proc. It can really save your tanks or DD's ass when your MP is very low. And stoneskin is very nice for some fights like first boss in Aurum Vale or the last one. It can absorb quite a bit of the Poison and AOE they dish out. Or the flan Boss in The Wanderer's Palace. Without it i would have been dead quite often when it focused on me.

Oh and Holy spam on the adds of the last Boss in The Aurum Vale is great fun! I like WHM it might need a bit of work but i don't see a problem
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Natiya Kyska
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by mekia View Post
    I really like the Cure > free Cure II proc.
    Reminds me of what a healing Mercenary can do in SWTOR. Healing Scan reducing the cost of the next Rapid Scan...

Probably not going to be a widely understood reference here. Point is, we need gimmicks, traits, procs. Things to really flesh out each class as a whole.

I really wish CNJ wasn't pigeonholed into healing for duty finder, but we'd probably need even more healing classes for that. It should be you can queue as the role of your choosing as long as your class can fill it.

I mean, sure, you get tardos who're DPS and queue as heals solely for the fast pop, then outright refuse to heal. I doubt such an adjustment would be the sole catalyst to this problem tho, seeing as how it's already happening according to other topics...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Akira Shiro
    World
    Alexander
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 28
    Quote Originally Posted by v_jones View Post
    The Conjurer just isn't designed to be an AoE class. While other classes can use some of our cross class abilities, they will be severely diminished in power, so you don't have to worry about getting outclassed at your main role. As for why some of the cross class abilities seem useless
    So im gonna go ahead and assume that you do know that every class has access to an AoE skill through either leveling or cross classing. Im not expecting us to be able to spam AoE moves like a Thalmaturge, but got damn. Is it too much to ask for one single AoE move. As for cross classing, the only skill that is crossed classed without being as effective is Cure. Every other move we give keeps its effectiveness because of how the move works. IE: Stoneskin Raise & Protect, regardless of who uses them, they will still be effective because of how they work. Same thing applies to Which gets me upset.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Akira Shiro
    World
    Alexander
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 28
    Also defence buffs are our main role as well, however everyone is allowed to steal all of our defensive moves for themselves. Also, correct me if im wrong but, wouldnt a Thaumaturge who decided to go cat person, along with having Mind>Piety>intellegence be a decent healer. They just wouldnt have AoE healing moves....... But since you only really care about a Tank when healing, would it really be much of an issue?? Obviously im not referring to a white mage, but instead a regular white mage vs the listed Thaumaturge... Thalmaturges have Meim and MindI & II in their traits, which I found weird. Combine that with the listed stuff above and I believe they would be an amazing healer. And still be able to do pretty good AoE damage because of how their stats are from their armour.
    (0)
    Last edited by Akira-Shiro; 08-27-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Player
    Character
    Fjrwn Ymir
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira-Shiro View Post
    snip
    I healed every instance in p3 as a THM. Can just sleep every other target than the current DD target to make healing easy and in long boss fights there's no MP problems because of umbral ice. Plus I could DD much more than conj. when I had the time. So yeah, I agree conjurers need some work on. Currently I have a lvl 16 conjurer and have to admit it's pretty darn boring, so I spice it up a bit by being in cleric stance whenever I'm not casting cure (no, I don't cast medica unless it's a fight like Ifrit). But it's not much more exciting... stone, stone, stone... @.@ Would like more buffs for them.

The main healer in LotRO, minstrel, had some decent group/single target buffs like a protective bubble that lasted 10s, call to greatness that gave a special buff depending what class you gave it on (for example, tank gets a +20% threat buff for 10s, healer gets healing buff, DD gets a damage buff etc.) Would really like to see something similar for conjurer. Or perhaps that's more of a bard-thing. /shrug
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Keileia Rose
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 54
    Stoneskin's use is not meant to be used as a direct heal. Rather, it's meant to be used as a buffer in between large spikes of damage. What this means is that it allows you to react more quickly when burst damage does happen and is also a good way of lessening spike damage if you know that a target will take heavy damage.

If i want to heal someone, i'll use cure, not spam stone skin. if stone skin's power was equal with cure, why would I use cure when I can prevent an equal amount of damage? Because it's purpose is preventing and buffering damage, not restoring it.

Secondly your concern about cleric stance not putting cleric's damage up to par with other pure damage dealing classes. I respond to you with a counter question:

If clerics could do just as much damage as a damage dealing main class, why should anyone play those classes?

Thirdly. 1000 char limit. :<
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tarii'to Shiruba
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira-Shiro View Post
    Also defence buffs are our main role as well, however everyone is allowed to steal all of our defensive moves for themselves. Also, correct me if im wrong but, wouldnt a Thaumaturge who decided to go cat person, along with having Mind>Piety>intellegence be a decent healer. They just wouldnt have AoE healing moves....... But since you only really care about a Tank when healing, would it really be much of an issue?? Obviously im not referring to a white mage, but instead a regular white mage vs the listed Thaumaturge... Thalmaturges have Meim and MindI & II in their traits, which I found weird. Combine that with the listed stuff above and I believe they would be an amazing healer. And still be able to do pretty good AoE damage because of how their stats are from their armour.
    Pretty sure THM has +INT traits, not +MND, right? And while they get Maim as a trait, CNJ get Maim + Mend.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Akira Shiro
    World
    Alexander
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 28
    Quote Originally Posted by RickiFake02 View Post
    Pretty sure THM has +INT traits, not +MND, right? And while they get Maim as a trait, CNJ get Maim + Mend.
    Depends on your race for the higher overall stats. In the traits however they get Magick and Mend I & II so yea,, its identical to our maim and Mend. Excluding the fact that they get an Extra Umbra token thingy. That is the only difference. But turning a DD thaumaturge into an all around mage (Offensive and Healing) is indeed possible.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seiryl Redner
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 22
    Quote Originally Posted by Keileia View Post
    Stoneskin's use is not meant to be used as a direct heal. Rather, it's meant to be used as a buffer in between large spikes of damage. What this means is that it allows you to react more quickly when burst damage does happen and is also a good way of lessening spike damage if you know that a target will take heavy damage.

If i want to heal someone, i'll use cure, not spam stone skin. if stone skin's power was equal with cure, why would I use cure when I can prevent an equal amount of damage? Because it's purpose is preventing and buffering damage, not restoring it.
    That doesn't make sense. If it's for spike damage why does it have a longer cast time than Cure? Furthermore, if Stoneskin is intended to be for spike damage, wouldn't it make more sense for it to absorb more damage than a Cure? Otherwise, I might as well let the tank take the hit and Cure them right afterwards. Also, I don't think anyone was saying Stoneskin should be a spamable skill, just that it needs to have a better defined role.

Currently, it's shielding is too small to be of use on low heallth classes since Cure I does more healing, it's not an AoE so you can't quickly cast it before a battle, and it has a long cast time preventing it from being used in battle. On top of this, if I'm not mistaken, Stoneskin also costs more MP than Cure I. If I'm indeed correct, that is another mark against the current version of Stoneskin.

Personally, I like your idea of it being something you use to buy time for a Cure. If Stoneskin was an instant cast, off GCD , based on something other than the hp of the target, and had a cooldown to balance it, it would definitely be a useful tool in our repertoire.
    (2)
    Last edited by Zyzone; 08-28-2013 at 01:29 PM.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast