Artac Skye
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by LegoEgo View Post
    6?

pretty sure its 4.....
    and pretty sure matter is no longer in the mining loot table....

dont know where u guys are getting all ur info from but its 100% wrong.
    Don't throw out percentages if you're not 100% sure.

But yeah, it's 4 to start with. After you start adding stats you get bonuses to gathering rates/attempts/etc. based on what node you're gathering from.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Azury Ariella
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    You get clusters and grade 4 carbonized from lvl 50 undisturbed tree nodes in mor dhona using truth of the forests. I'm not sure where you get them with miner.
    You get 6 attempts
    You can use an ability to immediately clear all the weeds or w/e so you get 6 full attempts
    or spend 2 attempts clearing weeds at the expected spot, and 4 attempts gathering (and if you use abilities you can double/triple the clusters you get)

The node only pops once per eorzea day (always at the same time)

Note: normal nodes are 4 attempts. Undisturbed (truth of forests/mountains) nodes are 6 attempts, but require removing clutter before you can gather, which takes 2 attempts or 1 high-gp ability
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eggo Waffles
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 20
    u guys are so friendly~!!!

ty for explain how level 50 nodes work with respect to the lower level nodes in such a clear, precise and friendly way. i feel so welcomed talking to level 50's.

Legacy servers seem like a great place now, i always thought it was gonna be filled with a bunch of "elite" douche bags. boy was i wrong!!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Airget Lamh
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurymber View Post
    You get clusters and grade 4 carbonized from lvl 50 undisturbed tree nodes in mor dhona using truth of the forests. I'm not sure where you get them with miner.
    You get 6 attempts
    You can use an ability to immediately clear all the weeds or w/e so you get 6 full attempts
    or spend 2 attempts clearing weeds at the expected spot, and 4 attempts gathering (and if you use abilities you can double/triple the clusters you get)

Note: normal nodes are 4 attempts. Undisturbed (truth of forests/mountains) nodes are 6 attempts, but require removing clutter before you can gather, which takes 2 attempts or 1 high-gp ability
    Ah, well thanks for this info, wasn't aware one could still obtain loot even without the Toil of the Pioneer ability. I was wondering how exactly one would be able to use the ward abilities when the max GP seems to be around 700-800 or maybe even less lol.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Juicy Melons
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurymber View Post
    You get 6 attempts

Is it always 2 attempts to clear it manually? Or can it be more because there's a percent chance you won't clear it?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zuvarius Ura
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by User_Name View Post
    Is it always 2 attempts to clear it manually? Or can it be more because there's a percent chance you won't clear it?
    I haven't tried gathering at all the undisturbed nodes, but at the few I tried I was able to clear the debris in 1 swing. So amount of swings to clear out the clutter might be based off your Gathering stat.
    (0)
    - Ve Zuva Sarlehn

Player
    Character
    Juicy Melons
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Vequi View Post
    I haven't tried gathering at all the undisturbed nodes, but at the few I tried I was able to clear the debris in 1 swing. So amount of swings to clear out the clutter might be based off your Gathering stat.
    Thanks for the info!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Azury Ariella
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by User_Name View Post
    To be honest I'm not sure of this. I usually use the ability and have only tried clearing a few times.
    (0)
    Mew!

Player
    Character
    Historia Reiss
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Funny, it only takes one attempt to clear the "out of reach" for me. Nodes in Mor Dhona stays retrospectively in the same area. All the clusters don't randomize so for example lightning cluster is always in the 2nd spot from the top.

Run to the spot, clear out of reach with first chop/quarry. Hit whatever aspect that gives you +2 cluster for 300GP, hit +15% gathering rate so you are getting near 100% gathering rate for 150 GP, go to town.

That should net you 15 clusters per attempt.

Problem though as I recall, GP recovers at a snails pace in 2.0. So if you want to hit the 5:00AM and 9:00AM clusters, you'll have to change to DoL around 12:00AM. Sit around for ten minutes so you'll have 600+ GP pool before starting.
    (0)
    Last edited by Cousinjimmy; 08-23-2013 at 03:19 AM.

Player
    Character
    Alevia Acuti
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    don't you gain gp by gathering in general? can just go to a nearby node before unspoiled pops and do that instead of sitting around. Although mor dhona does not have regular nodes.
    (0)
    ~~ bluegarter.guildwork.com/ ~~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast