Player
    Character
    C'aehli Ira
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 32
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibo View Post
    This is true, the pre-order code you get from retailers used to unlock EA does not seem to be platform-bound. You can select either PC or PS3 when you redeem it. However, if you redeem for PC you won't be able to play EA on PS3, regardless if that's the version you pre-ordered. The platform of your choosing when redeeming is the platform you'll get EA for, nothing else.
    I can confirm this, as it is exactly what I did. I pre-ordered a PS3 copy from GameStop and used the EA code for my PC. The launcher has since had me agree to a couple new documents and made a small patch, letting me know to wait for EA or official launch to play.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kibo Kaseki
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 31
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyreus View Post
    ^ And as a 1.0 non legacy, you don't need to download 2.0 all over again, correct? (i just updated a moment ago but it wasn't a big update.)
    If you're on the phase 4 client, you are good to go! (Currently ver. 2013.08.22.0000.0001)

EDIT: Lost my daily posting limit virginity with this post, see you guys tomorrow I guess.

If anyone is having problems or questions, skim through this thread as I think we've pretty much covered all the most common issues here.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kibo; 08-23-2013 at 05:41 AM.

Player
    Character
    Fyreus Hunter
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibo View Post
    If you're on the phase 4 client, you are good to go! (Currently ver. 2013.08.22.0000.0001)
    sweet, now i just need to wait until the 27th to play.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Isean I'
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    HELP

i am 1.0
    i put ps3 ea on
    i log into client on pc it says thanks wait for early, thennnnn 5 secs later the screen flashes and says this account doesnt have service for this blah blah??

lloged in with my brothers ps3 only account it did the same thing!!??

i swear to go SE said we can use ps3 on your pc account
    this is bullshit
    and the fact i cant make a new thread is fucking annyoing

also if i put EA code in (ps3) and choose PC option...it gives me a 22 digit code, which is my brothers and mine ps3 code combined....WTF IM SO OVER THIS BULLSHIT.

COOOOOOOL SONY IS GOING INTO MAINTENANCE CANT EVEN USE THE PS3 now
    (0)
    Last edited by MrSeco; 08-23-2013 at 05:37 AM.

Player
    Character
    Jaide Lynx
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 52
    So do they allow you to link the ps3 early access to a SE account now? When I downloaded and started it yesterday I just got a page that said under maintenance and there was no way to tie it to an existing account from there.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orsnoire Le'oxe
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by KyousukeKusanagi View Post
    Has this actually been confirmed by SE or is this just OP's speculation? Seems like it would be more trouble then its worth to set the code where you could only play on one type of system.
    This has been confirmed before several times.

You have to own a copy of the game for the platform you want to play on, so if you have 3 accounts and you want PC/PS3 access on all 3, you need 3 PC codes, and 3 PS3 codes. So yeah, their entire account structure is already set up to differentiate between PS3 and PC
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Weks Lockheart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurymber View Post
    If I am Legacy with 1.0 CE, but registered a new CE PS3 code does that mean I won't be able to log onto PC?
    1) Your Legacy 1.0 CE account should have EA.
    2) Your CE PS3 should also have EA.

I'm guessing you have two separate SE accounts for each platform right? If so, you should be able to log on both platforms as long as your PS3 isn't linked to your existing PC account.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaide View Post
    So do they allow you to link the ps3 early access to a SE account now? When I downloaded and started it yesterday I just got a page that said under maintenance and there was no way to tie it to an existing account from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSeco View Post
    HELP
    i am 1.0
    i put ps3 ea on
    i log into client on pc it says thanks wait for early, thennnnn 5 secs later the screen flashes and says this account doesnt have service for this blah blah??
    lloged in with my brothers ps3 only account it did the same thing!!??
    i swear to go SE said we can use ps3 on your pc account
    this is bullshit
    and the fact i cant make a new thread is fucking annyoing
    also if i put EA code in (ps3) and choose PC option...it gives me a 22 digit code, which is my brothers and mine ps3 code combined....WTF IM SO OVER THIS BULLSHIT.
    COOOOOOOL SONY IS GOING INTO MAINTENANCE CANT EVEN USE THE PS3 now
    Yes, I was able to link my PS3's SEN account to my Legacy PC account earlier. Currently, there is maintenance being done on the SEN from 3PM-9:30PM EST. I'd imagine that after maintenance, those that had the errors earlier should be able to link their PS3 SEN account to their existing 1.0 SE account to gain EA.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jaide Lynx
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by Weks View Post
    Yes, I was able to link my PS3's SEN account to my Legacy PC account earlier. Currently, there is maintenance being done on the SEN from 3PM-9:30PM EST. I'd imagine that after maintenance, those that had the errors earlier should be able to link their PS3 SEN account to their existing 1.0 SE account to gain EA.
    Thanks Weks! I will give it a try later this evening when the Sony network maintenance is over.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Darth Haruko
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Also if you are registering a PS3 code. @3pm pdt 8/22/13, PS3 Account Services are undergoing maintenance. looks like i won't be able to download ps3 till tomorrow. . . SE said they were gonna email me a code and instructions, but still have not received the email. good thing i printed off the code.
    (0)
    I am seriously going to beat you until battle tanks pull us apart.

Player
    Character
    Myra Runewaker
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I called up gamestop and got a new preorder code due to the ps3 code error and it not being able to be used for pc ea. Used the new code and selected pc this time and got the 20 digit code and activated ea on pc just fine.
    (1)

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast