Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Oremus Gladius
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I have high hopes for the game and lowered expectations for launch. Gonna be a cluster%%&@ during EA and launch with lots of crying and raging,

Just like beta forums
    (0)
    SE response - Please look forward to it!

Player
    Character
    Doki Waku
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Insane crowds at launch, with a few small hiccups the first week after major problems during early access. After 1 month a decent chunk of the casual crowd will filter back to the MMO they abandoned to try the new hotness. After 2 months, many "hardcore players" will filter back to the MMO they abandoned siting lack of endgame stuff worth doing. The remaining 70ish percent of players, both casual and hardcore, will continue playing for 6 months to a year, with maybe a small percentage leaving a couple of weeks after the 2.1 patch.

Also some extremely easy way to level to 50 in an hour will be found, exploited, and fixed before you have a way to do it yourself.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mythic Rose
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    So long as 3102 is fixed, I suspect the overall launch to be a smooth process. No doubt there will be queues and possible "server is full" issues. I know SWTOR is operated by EA and all, but if that game could do a smooth launch I've little doubt SE with previous MMORPG title launches can do it as well if not better.

Curse 3102...can't even show off my character's portrait!
    (0)
    Error 3102 Survivor

Player
    Character
    Elainial Treewisp
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 53
    Sadly the servers will be restricted so all the players will be here complaining that they want their money back because they can't play the game they paid for, thus, these forums will crash or become so bogged down so no one can access them.

After a day or so it should settle, until the launch day 27th, then it will all start over again, lol.

Other than that it should be about usual for a launch.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Quesse Mithril
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackweaver View Post
    I suspect it will be hugely successful. WoW has lost 4.3 million subscribers, I count myself amongst them. This game is exactly what I had been looking for in an MMO. So I could see Square picking up a lot of former WoW players. The game is solid and really awesome.
    I think you're right on. There is sort of this big gaping hole in MMOs at the moment. People are realizing that FTP doesn't really cut it in terms of longevity and polish. They are just money-grabs for the most part. FFXIV is in it for the long term. They are building something from the ground up and it shows. FFXIV has a great chance to be huge.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Chunsa Sclayer
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 20
    Time is not passing fast enough to start playing again!!! I hoping for no more errors but you never know.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yurika Huin
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    I just hope my friends who didn't get into P4 can get into the same server as me (;・∀・)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Karasu Regashi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Hopefully smooth but i highly doubt it.I'm sure servers will be full,lots of congestion,and maintance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Baxta Chumblewit
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Popular at launch, seeing a drop off after 2-3 months to a stable base that will be healthy enough. P2P is not a particularly popular model these days and there is a lot of competition. MMo have a hard time expanding numbers like the old days and its common to see people play for a few months and then jump ship to the next big thing (that's probably F2P).*

Launch will be ropey, but I'm hoping for the best.

*im neither here nor there on P2P vs F2P models, I think they both have a place. Just saying.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Masha Tsuki
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Hoping there is enough space on my server for me to get on. Already planning on stocking up on snacks and such the day before and getting up around 4:30am EDT so I am able to hop on right away
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast