Player
    Character
    Minato Namikaze
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50

Garlean Fiber?

Did anyone do Garlean Strongholds and was able to get Garlean Fiber or Garlean Rubber? Did it drop from a mob or from a chest (if they still have chests)? Thanks in advance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Austen Bloodspatter
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Uhm only instances of lv 20 was available.
    There was some Vanguards, and such, that you could kill, in open-world, for Garlean steel joints, and plates; I only killed a few mobs, so only got those.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    The garlean materials are used for some crafted minions and Crafted 'Imperial' gear which is all ilvl55. The stuff used to be dropped in the last days of FFXIV when the Garleans started invading lands of eorzia, killable NPC-wise including Vanguards who dropped the good stuff. Now its all crafted... In ARR, the materials drop from just killing the garleans in the lvl48+ strongholds, namely Mor Dhona.

@seuki all of them. Machines and humanoids all drop the crafting mats. Machines drop certain ones and humoinds drop the others.
    (2)
    Last edited by Reika; 08-22-2013 at 10:09 PM.

Player
    Character
    Minato Namikaze
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Reika View Post
    The garlean materials are used for some crafted minions and Crafted 'Imperial' gear which is all ilvl55. The stuff used to be dropped in the last days of FFXIV when the Garleans started invading lands of eorzia, killable NPC-wise including Vanguards who dropped the good stuff. Now its all crafted... In ARR, the materials drop from just killing the garleans in the lvl48+ strongholds, namely Mor Dhona.
    Which Garleans may I ask? The walking ones or the machine ones?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Damien Ramirez
    World
    Shinryu
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by seuki View Post
    Did anyone do Garlean Strongholds and was able to get Garlean Fiber or Garlean Rubber? Did it drop from a mob or from a chest (if they still have chests)? Thanks in advance.
    I did 2 of the Garlean outposts. Just had Visors, Garlean Plate & Garlean joint plates. No fibre or rubber. i did about 3 hours at each killing with different mobs.
    Eastern La Noscea, Mor Dhona.

I didnt however try the mobs at North Thanalan. So they might be worth looking into
    (2)
    Last edited by prymortal; 08-22-2013 at 10:29 PM.

Player
    Character
    Stian Holymoogle
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Hmmm

Well when i was exploring with a friend of me we found an Garlean base in Mor dhona and it leads to a base in North Tahnaland.
    Well we was fighting some magiteks and the garleans of course.
    We killed a magitek vanguard and a kind of a mask dropped :P

Btw the magitek vanguards can go throught gates in ARR :O
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Blaize Kennedy
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I can confirm something in the Garlean Stronghold areas drops Rubber...I killed a few mobs, both Vanguard and Humanoid in a few areas but didnt realise til later on in the day I had some Garlean Rubber in my inventory that I didnt have before Sorry I can't be more helpful tho.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sandkat Sadtank
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    The machines drop Joints, Plates, and Rubber. I killed nothing but machines for about 2 hours. Got 4 joints, 3 plates, and 1 rubber.

Before someone asks, I wasnt sure if the Robot minion was a drop or a craft, so I went to slaughtering.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Llan Hana
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Oh, I got Garlean Fibers from the Hyurs there, Rubber from the Hyurs also, and Plates, Joints and such from machines. ^^ But I think they all drop some mats.
    I have all those mats.

Llan Hana.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Minato Namikaze
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandkat View Post
    The machines drop Joints, Plates, and Rubber. I killed nothing but machines for about 2 hours. Got 4 joints, 3 plates, and 1 rubber.

Before someone asks, I wasnt sure if the Robot minion was a drop or a craft, so I went to slaughtering.
    Robot minion is crafted by GSM http://xivdb.com/?item/6204/Model-Vanguard
    If you want I can craft it for you in game if you bring me mats since we're in the same world. You'd just have to teleport to wherever I am since I'll be busy gathering and crafting. Other than that I wouldn't charge anything to anyone who gave me useful information.

As for everyone else, thank you for your responses. It was all very helpful.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast