Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Mishaela Aveeli
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I dunno about the rest of you but I made some nice cash this weekend by selling small stacks and single items. I was also able to find most material I needed being sold in similar portions, which I would buy even if it meant paying a bit more per unit. Working as intended!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eric Sciffer
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 67
    OP is absolutely right. I didn't know it was possible in 1.0, but it simply makes no sense to remove such a convenient feature, especially since we have limits on how many items we can put on sale simultanously (20 per retainer).
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Brin Zalazar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    I find this would be a very nice feature and allow both buyers and sellers the freedom they need to play the way they want. I'm all for the selling being able to say, this sells as a stack, but by default I think buyers should be able to say how much of the item they want to put up for sale.

Thanks,
    (2)
    Work To Game on YouTube [Guides, and More]...
    https://www.youtube.com/c/worktogamevideos

Host on AetheryteRadio... Boom City!
    Petition for Microsoft to allow XIV with cross system play:
    https://www.change.org/p/phil-spence...atform-servers

Player
    Character
    Astro Pop
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    To be honest, I did like the way it was in 1.2 more than currently. That being said, I believe the new system will work in the long run if it remains as it is. Its too early and everyone is in such a rush for things now, that the market is just crazy. I have bought extras that I didn't need, but as a crafter I know I will end up using those extras sooner or later.

Sellers will also learn the trends of the buyers as we progress and prices become more stable. They will learn nobody is going to buy that 60k stack and start putting 5k stacks up instead. Buyers will buy what they dont want to go get themselves, as they always have, and sellers will get tired of their stuff not selling, which will drop the price.

TLDR: while i liked the old way, the new way will evolve and will still work.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Chaosterian Klyne
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I got to page 8 and now i gave up I'll break this down into 3 counter arguments

1) The system from 1.0 allows players to sell complete full unbreakable stacks of what ever number you decide OR A stack of x number that can be purchased per unit.Please stop giving info about how stacks are cheaper per unit... paying 200 or even 1k gil extra for 1 item that is needed is 100%x99^99 preferable then having to pay for 98 items no one wants... buying bulk is only smart if you want 94 items...(buy a stack, get the discount) For example Sure 2lg of pop is $2... and the 12oz may cost more... but there's a 78% chance ill drink my 12oz and be satisfied, and a 98% chance ill open the 2lg, drink a cup then put the rest in the refrigerator then it goes flat, then it would have gone to waste.

2) This system was probably removed due to the fact that listing items with sub tags of per unit and stack would return errors and as such make alot of lag

3) Stop saying this is how economy works, Economy with goods (al la goods within this game) is supply vs demand. meaning people demand singles and as sellers you want to supply singles. Not, people should buy my stacks because thats all i feel like selling... deal with it. Current system makes selling singles a hassle thus it's wrong Dont use other games as examples its equivalent to saying america's economy should be more like Greece
    (4)
    Last edited by Lactis; 08-29-2013 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Character Limit Bypass

Greetings,

The current features of the market wards were created based on discussions held between the market planning team and Yoshida. The market wards were set up in this way so that it would be possible to create differences between players who check the market and those that do not, by allowing the person placing items onto the market to research the current demand and sell an amount of items that are easy to buy.
    (53)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Burr Manchu
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 53
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

The current features of the market wards were created based on discussions held between the market planning team and Yoshida. The market wards were set up in this way so that it would be possible to create differences between players who check the market and those that do not, by allowing the person placing items onto the market to research the current demand and sell an amount of items that are easy to buy.
    I can see how the system in place would be beneficial to help create discounts for buying "more" of something, but with item sale limitations, it's rough trying to find a single item to buy without being forced to buy a stack. Plus everything is way overpriced to begin with...

To be the easiest amount of an item to buy, is "one".
    (35)

Character
    N'aivir Alexaire
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    If you don't like the way it's being sold, go get it yourself.
    (29)

Player
    Character
    Zoltan Zornfaust
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    This is working as intended.

It is specifically designed so that one player cannot monopolize the market by listing all of their items individually and preventing others from seeing the higher priced items.
    (22)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I don't see anything working well when you have to use up 5 of your 20 spots splitting an item into sets of 5 because people won't buy them 25 at a time.
    (11)

Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast