Zodiark
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70

New Game Mode BLITZ BALL Pvp/Gold saucer

Blog Link https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes.../blog/3675559/

Blitz Ball Pvp Mode

We can now swim in storm blood we need Blitzball
    should the mechs run like ffx ffx2 like fifa or sports games

ffx as tidus it gave you a turn based option of what to do with the ball when your player got it

ffx2 it was like football manager were u trained ur blitz ball player and improved their stats then sent them out to play and also scouted new recruits
    and you would watch as the comptr AI controlled ur blitz ball team
    it was like a simulator this is also similar to the ffxiv squadron you train and send out in ur grand companies on quests.

Thought
    (We could make use of the MP or TP system to do special moves with our cha like shooting,passing,blocking,intercepting,dribbling and when your character gets the ball you have 20/30 seconds to decide otherwise your character will drop the ball or pass to a nearby team mate to stop players from wasting time )

(7)
    Last edited by xygar; 01-03-2018 at 04:03 AM.

2. 01-02-2018 04:02 AM

Player
    Character
    Kissa Kotele
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Pretty sure this topic has been in other threads and the opinion is mixed last I saw, especially with the devs' track record on mini-game content let alone pvp focused systems. My two gil on the idea though is I'd rather them not implement blitzball but if they did, I'd like something akin to command squadron missions with you issuing orders and seeing them happen in either real time or turn-based. I highly doubt the devs can sink the necessary effort into making underwater action not feel clunky at this time.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Please no.

Blitzball will suffer the same fate LoV, Triple Triad and virtually all Gold Saucer activities have: dead within a few weeks. It's a complete waste of resources that could be better put towards something with actual longevity.
    (22)

Player
    Character
    Kissa Kotele
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne_Endeavor View Post
    Please no.

Blitzball will suffer the same fate LoV, Triple Triad and virtually all Gold Saucer activities have: dead within a few weeks. It's a complete waste of resources that could be better put towards something with actual longevity.
    Yeah it would dead outside of a very niche audience if it even garnered an audience depending on how it works
    (2)

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I'd love to see Blitzball added to the game at some point, especially as a competitive game mode that encourages players to battle each other.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Derio Uzumaki
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    If blitzball is going to be in the game then it will need to be done right.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Hana Kaneuchi
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    I hated Blitzball in FFX and I hope they dedicate their resources to something more entertaining than that. :<
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Vice Shark
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    The tactics game that many people suggested (Alexander, Levia, Squad, etc) seems more of a popular request than blitzball.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rein_eon_Osborne View Post
    Healing DRK is literally... the same since ShB. The reason why people think it's a meme to heal nowadays because DRK receives very little to no buff to their sustainability vs 3 other tanks getting something useful. If you're capable of healing DRK back in ShB (or any tanks), then you'll heal EW DRK just fine.

Player
    Character
    Lodestone Bait
    World
    Pandaemonium
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverObi View Post
    Yeah it would dead outside of a very niche audience if it even garnered an audience depending on how it works
    Kinda goes for a lot of content.

I mean, real talk: How many crafters would we have if it was a gold saucer activity that only gave you MGP and a couple titles? Probably as many as we have chocobo breeders, if that. It would be just as dead as any other Gold Saucer activity.

And why? Because the actual activity isn't even the main draw, it's what you get out of it. And MGP isn't a highly sought after currency. And because of that all Gold Saucer activities naturally die fast. Things like Diadem die as well for that very same reason. Have you ever tried queuing for the old 24 man raids before Khloe, the Anima quest, XP and the Alliance Roulette came along? Completely dead. Does anyone do Coil synced for the experience instead of unsynced for the rewards? Only a handful of people. PvP regularly dies after people got their rewards as well.

"Longevity" and "Audience". Are we even talking about content when mentioning those words? Every single person I ask in PotD hates the guts out of the place, openly hating on it in 51-60 groups probably gave me over 100 commendations alone, people only do it for the XP. And before PotD, we had FATEs to level. FATEs are ragingly popular content, no? When Yoshi saw how much we love FATEs, he directly went and put Atmas into them. Why are FATEs no longer popular? I can tell you, PotD gives the same reward but better. Niché content much?

I dunno. With all the reward baiting in this game, I find it rather hard to tell which content actually has an audience because of its gameplay and which content only serves as reward dispenser.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Wyvern Heart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    I would play this mode. I always liked the sport. I qould ask that you got a choice between pvp and pve matches.
    (4)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast