Player
    Character
    Psxpert Sylph
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50

Generation X MMOs stressful?

I read a post somewhere from a curtain someone we all know and love(but I'm not saying who) about how MMORPGs were looked at, through analysis and feed back from... basically almost every video-game lover out there.

The most way data was received was...

Well, MMOs are seriously being stereo-typed(the way I interpret it) and giving a bad name and from the perspective from commoners or casual video-gamers who stear clear from then have this to say:
    Yoshi-P points out:
    Theses game's
    are for hardcore players. (A game they can't relate to)
    ...requires a constant internet connection. (Stressful)
    ...where you have to chat with people. (Stressful)
    ...requires partying to progress, forcing interaction with others. (Stressful)
    ...lacks a good story. (Low expectations)
    ...too many windows and interfaces. (Confusing)
    ...too many things to remember, making it unplayable. (Intimidating)
    ...too much terminology. (Difficult)
    ...where you may be abruptly killed by another player. (Misconception)
    ...looks like too much trouble. (A vague sense of uneasiness)
    (sigh) To be honest, this is what makes most of MMOs.

We alredy touched on what is to be expected in a MMORPG. Noobs or casuals tend to see this things and features a bit annoying but are requiered for a experienced and hard-core gamer such as myself and I don't even take the game so serious like some elites!
    Yoshi-P points out:
    An online playing environment (more affordable in recent years)

the Chat system
    ...Battle system
    ...Party gameplay
    ...Real-time battle system
    ...A basic interface allowing prolonged gameplay
    ...A guild system such as linkshells and free companies
    ...Crafting and gathering
    ...Trading
    ...Markets
    NO need for character resetting...
    "Although they may be seen as drawbacks, these are all necessary in an MMO. These are also what make MMOs so interesting."~N.Y.

As a gamer that plays A LOT, when I have the time, I agree we need as much in a MMO<fill in your genre> to make it interesting to keep you playing and coming back for more, not just to keep you playing to the point of frustration. I think there's room for fun, education, skill-learning, experience and socializing. I hope every one enjoys the open BETA and look forward to a VERY SUCCESSFUL LAUNCH!

The End.
    (1)
    Last edited by PSxpert2011; 08-15-2013 at 08:40 PM. Reason: terminology, gramar

~'\[[_LEGACY_]]/'~
    TENTs because solo-friendly content forces me to want one!
    (HP + Instantly logout anywhere)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/my/
    *Excalibur* Nation: Limsa Laminsa

Player
    Character
    Doki Waku
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I just don't understand how people thing running the same 2~4 endgame instances x infinity until the random number generator gives them what they want makes them hardcore.

I have every battle class from 1.0 at 50 already, and cleared most of 1.0's content outside of Darnus hard mode, but I wouldn't consider myself hardcore at all.

Ever been playing a complete novice in a fighting game that you are really good at, and somehow lose to them because they were just completely wailing on the controller randomly and you were trying to do something flashy to show off? That's how the whole casual vs hardcore argument seems to me now. Great, you are hardcore. Guess what? Someone's grandmother probably beat the same content in full AF.... So who enjoyed it more?
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Psxpert Sylph
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Based on the lack of responses I'm getting, I could presume it's because of the excitement we're all feeling to the coming BETA/launch, so NBD. What else it there to talk about that hasn't been talked about alredy, you know

Well, to some it's not a matter of principle, it's it's just passion. I enjoy a good adventure over reaching my goal but I have to mark my achievements and be rewarded too, or else it's in vain.

Dungeons used to be a staple of unlimited-exploration. I wonder how it will be looked at from launch and beyond compared to FFxi.
    (1)

~'\[[_LEGACY_]]/'~

Player
    Character
    C'rysta Zeith
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Well, to be honest, i couldn't really make heads-or-tails out of it. I couldn't make out if you expressing your disagreement regarding the statement that MMO's are stressful, that you don't agree that at least some of the items above are considered to be stressfull, that you thought that Yoshi-p was "overreacting", or anything else.

What i thought, after reading your OP was "What was he trying to achieve/ask?"

I think more forum go-ers might have thought the same. (^_^ )
    (0)

Credit goes to Niqo'te for her fabulous art in the "Nique's happy fun time!"-thread and Nix/Capa for the Caitlyn drawing to the right. \(^_^ )/
    Give her your support by liking their art!

Player
    Character
    Psxpert Sylph
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldora View Post
    Well, to be honest, i couldn't really make heads-or-tails out of it. I couldn't make out if you expressing your disagreement regarding the statement that MMO's are stressful... (^_^ )
    Oh, I agree but because no amount of effort to make "a good MMORPG" will satisfy all gamers. It doesn't take so long to learn how to play. In the end, the focus group the company will ultimately have to satisfy is the fan-boys/girls & hard-cores.
    (0)

~'\[[_LEGACY_]]/'~