Player
    Character
    Song Seol'hyun
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60

Macro's for new players..

Macro's are your BFF's =^,^= + fun info for new players.

Since we are getting close to playing this I thought we should talk about macro's.

Yes I know a lot of us already know from ffxi and 1.0, but if this could be helpful to new players coming in I think it could save them a bit of time.

Also it is my hope that others will add to this..

Ok first thing about macro's we will talk> Emote's yayyy

In the game there are many text commands like /sit or /laugh. There are also commands that cause most actions to be used, Delay between actions or even logging out.
    Basically its what is connected to the icons for each action or animation in the game.
    (you can also find an almost complete list in the game using autotranslate+ {/text}.

In your "system settings" you can find "User Macro's" Basically small text documents in the game that you can customize to your liking
    since we are talking emote's atm will show you what a custom macro could look like.

----------------------
    /panic motion
    /wait 1
    /em Freaks out.
    /wait 1
    /blush motion
    /wait 3
    /laugh motion
    ----------------------
    this emote will announce in text= (your character's name) Freaks out.
    It will also do the animations listed, however needs the wait time adjusted somewhat because races sometimes have longer/shorter animations.
    Placing "motion" after an emote takes away the in game text so you can add your own or let the viewer be interpreter. (this includes facial only emotes)
    -------------------------- simple one
    /em gives <t> a wedgie...
    --------------------------
    Here is a more complicated one.
    --------------------------
    /furious motion
    /wait 3
    /fume motion
    /wait 2
    /disappointed motion
    /wait 1
    /em bursts into tears...
    --------------------------- option to add /cry /sulk or /upset .. try some out and get the timing down :P

You can have fun making custom emotes (just don't make ones that spam).
    examples could be
    1 greeting your linkmates at the dungeon entrance (exiting or funny entrance)
    2 poke fun at a linkmate that is KO.. (in good taste of course)=
    /lookout motion /wait 1 /em looks for her shovel...... =^,~=

3 cheer up a fellow player.
    4 make a dance routine up with friends and use timing to stay in perfect sync.
    5 flirt =^,^= (again = In good taste)
    and just about anything else.

Most of the cut scenes in the game will use these animations and they can be used in different ways to make clips of your adventures more enjoyable..
    You can change chat modes + invite people + set signs and much more using them.

Now on to text commands use in actions (again I know most ppl know but this is for those who don't)

the actions you preform in the game also have these same uses.

{example}
    -----------------------------
    /party {{please gather}}{{casting spell}} {{protect}} @3...<se.1~16> (use auto translate to make party macro's FJED/autotranslate can all understand)
    /wait 3
    /ac Protect <me> or <t>

I will need to see the full list of macro for release if they put back in <lastst> or <stpc> and the like but for now I think those are not used here.
    :edit yes just renamed to <lasttarget> or <lt> / <la>,<lastattacker>

:as above optional = You can also add a call to make a sound to party members by adding <se.1> thru <se.16> to a line that is meant for the /party.

Your a white mage who just entered a dungeon, who is also using a controller.
    you have limited space for actions without changing sets (you can do this with macro as well)
    You could combine protect & stoneskin or any other spells you usually give the party for the duration of the fight.
    this will make them all one Icon. The /wait would be the GCD and then adjust from that for any lag issue..
    You can also "lock" onto the tank and "use the tank" and the party menu to create a way to quickly switch targets. combine cure and regen effects or use stoneskin to offset damage.
    example:
    -----------------------
    /ac "cure II" <t>
    /party {casting spell} {regen} <lt>
    ---------------------------------
    This one .. your main target was the tank.. but you switch to casting at one of the DD.. it will announce to party the spell you cast was at <name of previous target> not exactly helpful when its just regen.. but switch that to casting sleep on one of the mobs.. very useful
    -------------------------
    /party {casting spell} {sleep} <le> {please do not attack} <se.6>
    /wait 1
    /ac sleep <t>
    ---------------- or you can switch that to cast first and change <le> to <la> meaning [name of] last enemy you used an /ac on
    /party <se.2> WARNING {sleep} Failed {please assist} <la> is on the loose......

Remember to test them with the GCD match /wait, to make sure before use.

As DD you could time your actions and always get the "bonus if used after" (unless you miss o.O)
    You can also using /echo, make reminders of what action or position you need next that is only seen by you in text.
    again (you can also find an almost complete list in the game using autotranslate+ {/text}. PC Press [tab] type text to view.

most of these can be canceled using another in case tank takes way too much damage or u need to run :P

With the macro system and some time spent you can make ps3 or controller on PC just as fast and efficient as gaming keyboards like my tact-x or maybe even a lot faster.
    Once we get a full emote and command list from release we can start getting macro'd out =^,^=

{sincerely} Brittany Rose of May of Sargatanas still haven't chosen my new name yet /think motion

Will add more in the future most likely.. moved this to here in hopes it would be saved..

PS Macro's can help define who you are in the world.. they help show personality and can be a powerful tool, both in actions and emote =^,^=
    (10)
    Last edited by brittany; 08-15-2013 at 01:52 AM. Reason: add