Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Norack View Post
    Anyone can see them and you do not have to be blessed with echo to be able to speak and understand them.

However they are rare, and they tend to hide from people, because alot of people (mostly people from Ul'dah) would kill them and sell there skin.
    This was indeed the version 1.0 understanding. But the beta is now saying something very different, which is my point.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Myranda Al'cyoene
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    As far as Moogle Mail moogles being visible while accepting the new lore of moogles being generally invisible, I would definitely go with the idea that they can make a conscious decision to reveal themselves to anyone if they want to.

As far as why they are invisible in the forest now and weren't in 1.0, I'm not sure. Maybe while the Calamity spurred some into helping out, it scared others into hiding even more than they did before. Next one could be spoilers so into HB tags it goes:

Also, I recall a quest during beta where Ul'dahn merchants were trying to poach moogles. Perhaps this sort of illicit activity only began recently and that has driven the moogles into greater secrecy.

These are both purely conjecture however: I wouldn't say either has any strong evidence going for it.
    (3)
    Check out my Eorzean fonts! - Twitter: @MyrandaFFXIV
    http://dachoutom.no-ip.org/ffxiv/fonts.html
    The Astronomical Society of Eorzea!
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/142965-The-Astronomical-Society-of-Eorzea

Player
    Character
    Naria Starcatcher
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    The fact that moogles are now suppose to be invisible AND also deliver the mail (not to mention the quests involving them) was something I found very jarring and inconsistent in p3. I actually hoped that it was a mistake in the text, but that does not seem likely.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shyba N'varos
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 59
    I think it's a better option to Opening CS moogle is the anomaly since there ARE moogles visible to others elsewhere in the game and either Merchant guy is the only person who CAN'T see moogles or he's playing dumb about the moogle jacking his wine.

Of course this could also just stem from the fact I STILL want to think/believe that the ARR beta openings are placeholders due to them not being anywhere NEAR as interesting as the 1.0's =/
    (1)
    Last edited by Iraeda; 08-14-2013 at 06:31 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2