Player
    Character
    Raion Hellfire
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60

Veteran Rewards Question

Ok, I'm curious since they announced the Veteran Rewards Program in FFXIV. Let me try to try and get this right or correct me if I'm mistaken.

You can only obtain these items if you pay for the following days.

30 Days (Wind-Up Cursor Minion/Phial of Fantasia)

60 Days (Black Chocobo Chick Minion/Cascadier Uniform Voucher (Black?) Plus previous stated since you paid for 2 months)

90 Days (Beady Eye Minion/Voidal Resonator Companion/Plus previous stated since you paid for 3 months)

OR

Do you receive them by going past the mark of you paying/playing for that long? Ok let's say,

Paid for 1 month, I get the Wind-Up Cursor Minion and the Phial of Fantasia.

Next month renew my sub for another month and does that make receive the items for the 60 day mark and allows me to get the Black Chocobo Chick Minion and the swimsuit voucher?

And then pay for 1 more month after that I've been playing for 90 days, then I can receive the Beady Eye Minion and the Voidal Resonator Companion? I'm just trying to get this clear.

Cause I'm just visioning in my head that putting down a payment for 90 days at once you get all of the items listed but then I thought...120 to 150 days? Is that going to be like I'm going to have to purchase a game card or pay for that many days at once to get it those items down the road?

Blah sorry I just need clarification. :|

Hmmmm,

30 days
    60 days
    90 days
    120 days
    150 days

...I wonder if they are just tracking how long we pay for our sub and then once we get to the checkpoint then we are given the items cause we are just playing the game but rewarding the players sooner when they pay more upfront cause they already paid for said month?
    (0)
    http://amithist.deviantart.com/

Player
    Character
    Rina Inverse
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 51
    my bet that you have to pay all 90 days, and then when the new subs scheme out (180 or even 360), you need to pay all of it

Player
    Character
    Punainen Drak
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    I SERIOUSLY hope it's accumulative, like earning Legacy was. I do NOT have enough money all on hand at once to pay that kind of money in one go. I would have to totally stop playing the game and save up, and that would just completely suck beyond suckage... I see no reason why it ought to be anything BUT accumulative.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Molic Evac
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 70
    The said it in the live letter and its under Q45 of the translated questions:

Furthermore, the unique feature about the system is that players will receive the reward immediately upon subscribing for more than 30 days. For example, if a player subscribes for 90 days, they will immediately receive the reward for subscribing 30 days, 60 days, and 90 days.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Raion Hellfire
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by rina_inverse View Post
    my bet that you have to pay all 90 days, and then when the new subs scheme out (180 or even 360), you need to pay all of it
    Yeah, I think that would suck though. :<

Quote Originally Posted by Punainen View Post
    I SERIOUSLY hope it's accumulative, like earning Legacy was. I do NOT have enough money all on hand at once to pay that kind of money in one go. I would have to totally stop playing the game and save up, and that would just completely suck beyond suckage... I see no reason why it ought to be anything BUT accumulative.
    Agreed, I wouldn't go as far as the stop playing to save but it would suck to have to pay them the pre-set amount for the rewards. But having them give them to us once we have paid for that amount of time and just would be in our mailbox's would be lovely.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Molic Evac
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Punainen View Post

They also said its accumulative, as in they will introduce in rewards for when players get to 120, 180~, etc. in an patch.

(from this point on is speculation)So we probably will see rewards like every 30 days for awhile then my guess is it will jump up to like every 90-120 days or certain mile markers. That
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Raion Hellfire
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Molic View Post
    The said it in the live letter and its under Q45 of the translated questions:

Furthermore, the unique feature about the system is that players will receive the reward immediately upon subscribing for more than 30 days. For example, if a player subscribes for 90 days, they will immediately receive the reward for subscribing 30 days, 60 days, and 90 days.
    I already stated that I knew that by getting the 60 days you get the 4 items from the 30 days and the 60 days and getting the 90 days you get the ones from the 60 and 30 at once too.

But my question was, out of the 2 options, do you get it by paying for the months upfront, like you can't get the 60 or 90 day stuff if you only pay for 3o days at a time or if that we obtain them when we pasted that mark of time we've been subscribed to playing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Neasa Vera
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahsch View Post
    I already stated that I knew that by getting the 60 days you get the 4 items from the 30 days and the 60 days and getting the 90 days you get the ones from the 60 and 30 at once too.

But my question was, out of the 2 options, do you get it by paying for the months upfront, like you can't get the 60 or 90 day stuff if you only pay for 3o days at a time or if that we obtain them when we pasted that mark of time we've been subscribed to playing.
    That's what it's saying.
    Pay 30 days, item #1.
    Pay another 30 days, item #2.
    Pay 60 days upfront - Both items immediately.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    When watching/reading the LL today, I really didn't get the impression you had to pay all at once.

The way Yoshi discussed it, really sounded like each 30 days (if you paid that way) you would get new reward. Here is Reinheart's translation from that part:

Quote Originally Posted by Reinheart translation of LL
    f; another one, you mentioned about barber, will there be items where you can change race at later time
    y; before i answer that, i attended a stock holders meeting and they asked
    y; we have something called veteran rewards
    y; say there is different subscription courses for XIV, if you do 30, 60, 90 days, as a thank you gift we have items and mounts
    f; you mentioned something big
    y; go to next
    y; might feel like you have to play for a year but you’ll get a reward from 30 days
    y; you’ll get the finger cursor minion
    y; and go to other screen
    y; another one is character remake ticket
    y; it’s hard to go through character choices so when you’re playing for the first 30 days you’ll see othe players and feel like you should've changed some stuff/race so, we don’t want players motivation to go down
    y; so for those players who want to continue playing 30days and more, we will have something where players can decide to change
    y; ok 60 days, doesn’t mean you’ll get sexy miqo’te
    y; we have black fire resistant gear and black chocobo minion
    g; cute
    y; on top of that, 90 days, we have Beady Eye (JP Tiny Eye) lets look at live
    g; this is cute
    f; this is cute
    y; on top of that we have mount (ariman mount)
    g; i want this, with 90 days we get this
    y; hold on, preparing
    y; why can’t I call?
    y; oh, have to do that
    f; i see, hold on
    y; yes
    g; so this is mount and the other was minion
    g; wow
    y; while i move the character, hold on
    y; ok good
    y; please show the screen
    g; this is cool
    y; 30, 60, 90 days we’ll have more 120, 180.
    y; so does that mean you’ll need to play 30 days straight or, 90 days
    y; you’ll be already paying up front and we receive your payment so you’ll get it right away
    y; also the game cards i explained earlier from shops
    y; those have 60 days so you can do from that
    y; we’ll continue to do this with patches so, as you enjoy continuing to play you’ll get more fun stuff
    g; this is cute
    y; we will have lots of mounts available
    Then here is the official translation of that Q/A:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne
    Q45: Are there any plans to implement an item that can be used to change the appearance of our characters?

A45: Before I answer that question, let me tell you about a discussion that happened during one of the shareholder meetings. One of the shareholders asked me “Are there any rewards for playing the game for a long period?”

The following was my answer to their question:
    The feature you are referring to is called the veteran reward system. Players will receive rewards based on the accumulated subscription period. While there are many subscription plans in ARR, players will receive rewards for every 30 days of subscription.

Reward for subscribing 30 days:
    - Wind-up Cursor (minion)
    - Phial of Fantasia (Used to change the appearance of your character)

Reward for subscribing 60 days:
    - Cascadier Uniform Voucher (Grants black “heat resistant gear”)
    - A Black Chocobo Chick (minion)

Rewards for subscribing 90 days:
    - Beady Eye (Ahriman minion)
    - Voidsent Resonator (Ahriman mount)

Please note that we will continue to implement additional rewards (120 days, 180 days, etc.) via future patches.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1013171
    For me, I totally interpret this as you can subscribe however you like, and you will eventually get all the rewards. It's cumulative. Like Legacy was. Like if you subscribe for September, you get the 30-day reward. If you let your account lapse for school and then re-sub in December, you get the 60-day reward. Then you cancel your sub til next summer and resub next June, you get the 90-day reward. Obviously you'll be very behind because the rest of us will be on the 365-day reward by then

These rewards cost them nothing, so I cannot imagine it any other way.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Raion Hellfire
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Well thank you that clears everything up for me! Glad to hear it too. :3
    (0)