Character
    Fluffy Pancake
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Pre-order code mistake?

Whoops, derped!

Forgot to read the big red print that said "Registration for all countries outside of Japan starts Aug 20th".

My bad SE!

That being said, there is another issue:
    The code we were given with our pre-orders from the SE site was only 18 digits long, but the website says that the pre-order code is 20. . . :x Would we be able to use those onsite or are they registered elsewhere?

Our 18 code format (for PC version) XXXXXX-XXX-XXXXXX-XXX
    Website wants code in: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX format D:

Thank you!~

Edit: for those curious, the site is: https://secure.square-enix.com/accou...?rgn=na&lng=en
    (2)
    Last edited by Nix; 08-08-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of another, always at the same time as an end and never simply as a means

2. 08-08-2013 06:25 PM

Player
    Character
    Santori Zhonets
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    When I got my pre-order code, I noticed that it looked like an SE community site (née SE Members) code, 6-3-6-3, when actual account codes (product and item registration codes) are the 4-4-4-4-4. Some people even successfully registered them on the SE community site against instructions to just wait, and it got recognized as an ARR PC owner (again: not account registration, that's different).

In my morning not-fully-awakefulness I'm happy that all is well and the U.S. gamers are patiently, courteously waiting for the 20th, even on the beta forums, and it's not just because they're all still asleep and unaware of this news. Please allow me this moment.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rogue Muse
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    If I recall correctly, back when 1.0 started, the codes we got we had to enter into the Square Enix Members site which then gave the XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX format code that we entered into your SE account management thing.

It could be like that again - the 18 digit code being the code to get the code, not the real code itself .....
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkhamNative View Post
    In my morning not-fully-awakefulness I'm happy that all is well and the U.S. gamers are patiently, courteously waiting for the 20th, even on the beta forums, and it's not just because they're all still asleep and unaware of this news. Please allow me this moment.
    Sorry, it's just not true. There's a thread bemoaning that S-E have JP prejudice because of this, as you would expect from that dire place.
    (1)
    FFXIV player since 1.0 alpha, and still pretty terrible at this game. Thank the Twelve it's not actually hard like FFXI.

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I didn't try to log into the Registration site, but I did check my pre-order code. It is as you all said, 6-3-6-3 (letters/numbers)

XXXXXX-111-YYYYYY-222

Guess we get to find out on the 20th if something is wrong. Or maybe a community rep can respond here. ^^;

I guess this would mean that JP region can download now since they can add their codes, and we will be able to start downloading on the 20th? I guess there's something to be said for spreading out the registration/download chaos. Not a bad idea, really.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lucke Arrayo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Didn't get anything for pre-ordering PS3 CE from NA Amazon yet. I'm freaking out! Hope I get my code!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucke View Post
    Didn't get anything for pre-ordering PS3 CE from NA Amazon yet. I'm freaking out! Hope I get my code!
    Lucke, I got my code about 24 hours after ordering (in May) (Amazon NA). It came in a separate email with a subject of "Promotional Code" or something. I'll look for it so I can tell you for sure.

I actually got a code from SE store too (it was included IN the order confirmation email). But I since cancelled that pre-order and switched to Amazon (for PS3 CE) once we found out we could not add another PC code to an existing PC account.

EDIT: Here is the email they sent me with subject: Your Amazon.com Promotional Code on May 29, 2013. As I said above, this email came 24 hours after placing my order and receiving my order confirmation email.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon email w/code
    Thank you for purchasing from Amazon.com.
    Your recent order *my order # here* entitles you to a promotional code.
    Your promotional code: AAAAAA-###-BBBBBB-###
    Promotion details:
    The Amazon Video Games team thanks you for purchasing “Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.” Your purchase has qualified you for early access to the game.

Visit http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com and register. You will be notified via email prior to the launch of the game on when you can return and redeem your preorder code (code listed above) to unlock Early Access to the game along with instructions on how to receive your Cait Sith Doll minion and Moogle Cap digital content.

You will need an active Square Enix account to complete this process so, if you want to set one up in advance, please go here: http://na.square-enix.com/members.
    Additional information on this offer can be found here.
    This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.
    Thanks again for shopping with us.
    Amazon.com
    Earth's Biggest Selection
    (2)
    Last edited by JillyBean; 08-09-2013 at 05:11 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lucke Arrayo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by JillyBean View Post
    Lucke, I got my code about 24 hours after ordering (in May) (Amazon NA)
    Ut-oh, I didn't get anything from Amazon yet =(

EDIT:

Found the email BURIED in my other mail lol. I can feel my blood pressure lower. /sigh
    (3)
    Last edited by Lucke; 08-09-2013 at 05:09 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Yay!!!!! Glad you found it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lucke Arrayo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by JillyBean View Post
    Lucke, I got my code about 24 hours after ordering (in May) (Amazon NA). It came in a separate email with a subject of "Promotional Code" or something. I'll look for it so I can tell you for sure.

I actually got a code from SE store too (it was included IN the order confirmation email). But I since cancelled that pre-order and switched to Amazon (for PS3 CE) once we found out we could not add another PC code to an existing PC account.

EDIT: Here is the email they sent me with subject: Your Amazon.com Promotional Code on May 29, 2013. As I said above, this email came 24 hours after placing my order and receiving my order confirmation email.
    Yuppers. That's the one I got.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast