Player
    Character
    Lil'bit Gnawdy
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60

Live letter 8 Q7 more info please?

Q7: Will the arcanist’s attribute points be shared between summoner and scholar?

A7: No, they will not be shared.

so if we start getting attribute points at level 10 Arcanist, the primary class for both jobs, how exactly are they not shared?

are we going to have a set of attribute points for each class AND each job?

The vagueness of this response is confusing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Exocryst Lebreska
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by lordoftheapes79 View Post
    Q7: Will the arcanist’s attribute points be shared between summoner and scholar?

A7: No, they will not be shared.

so if we start getting attribute points at level 10 Arcanist, the primary class for both jobs, how exactly are they not shared?

are we going to have a set of attribute points for each class AND each job?

The vagueness of this response is confusing.
    B/c Arcanist is the base class for both Summoner and Scholar, it has only one set of stat points that you can adjust to your liking.
    (3)
    <--Giver of yarns, not the giver of darns :3
    Follow me on Twitter @Antanias_

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    It was explained in the LL that eventually an Arcanist will have to choose which they prefer - SCH or SMN.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinheart LL translation
    y; up till lv50 the gear goes for both jobs so scholar is MND and sumoner is INT
    y; once post 50 we want players to decide which to go with
    from Reinheart's translation/googledoc https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...pli=1&sle=true

So for instance for me I would probably re-do all my ACN stats to MND once I am 50 because I would focus on SCH only. I may change my mind but for now that's what I personally think I will do.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lil'bit Gnawdy
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by JillyBean View Post
    It was explained in the LL that eventually an Arcanist will have to choose which they prefer - SCH or SMN.

from Reinheart's translation/googledoc https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...pli=1&sle=true

So for instance for me I would probably re-do all my ACN stats to MND once I am 50 because I would focus on SCH only. I may change my mind but for now that's what I personally think I will do.
    so if I'm understanding, it may be best to unlock both jobs once ACN is 30 so they level simultainiously then choose, or take the balanced approach so you're moderate in both? I'm not sure I like that system.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Well obviously you'll be able to play both, but choosing your stats will determine your specialty. You could go all MND and specialize as SCH; all INT and specialize SMN; or go 50/50 not be specialized (imo this would not be a good choice). I'm sure we'll have other choices down the line when other Jobs are added to Classes. They also explained there will be a way (limited) to re-do your stats. I assume this will be once hitting 50 on a new Class maybe, or when they implement additional jobs to current classes.
    (0)

Player

Here, Question 41.

"Q41: I heard that you can reallocate your attribute points, but will this be something you can do easily multiple times?

A41: It won’t be something you can do so easily. For example, it’s not like you will be able to allocate them so today you can challenge the Great Labyrinth of Bahamut as scholar, and tomorrow allocate them so you can go as summoner. "
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Santori Zhonets
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    It does sound like that SE is saying if you want to play SCH and SMN well, you'll have to level two characters.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lil'bit Gnawdy
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkhamNative View Post
    It does sound like that SE is saying if you want to play SCH and SMN well, you'll have to level two characters.
    No not really. they seem to be redefining "primary class". I didn't get too far in 1.0, but from what I can tell(correct me if I'm wrong) you can say your primary class is LCN, but have other classes at level 50 so the only thing that really defined it as your primary class is the quality of your gear. It looks like attributes will adjust that definition in ARR. (to give a better example I'm making up a job "beastmaster" that we'll say is a archer/arcanist job as the future 2nd job for ARC)

So my Primary job is BRD, the secondary job is Beastmaster, but I also have SMN and SCH unlocked. With my ARC attribute points I focus on BRD stats not beastmaster, this makes my BRD powerful, but my beastmaster gimp. Since my primary is BRD I now allocate my ARN points evenly so I'm not too gimp in either since I don't plan on playing them too often, but should still be able to do a reasonable job in both classes at level 50, barring high tier content.

Does this make sense?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    each class & job have there own points.

points are dang near useless anyways since each class/job only needs one stat.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Starla Nightshade
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Or u cud use materia to make up the deficit on ur gimpier job that u didnt stat for, or like some other guy said ballance stat allocation for both then boost each job with materia
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast