Character
    Gethyn Skylark
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 53

Welcome Home Event Day!

Welcome Home Event Day!

Hey fellow Balungians? Balmungolians? Balmecians? (Did we ever decide on that?) Anyway, remember how we have an AWESOME server that likes to do things together?

Let's do things together.

I am proposing an optional, just-for-fun day of server-wide events, shortly after the official release. This will take place on the weekend of Sept 7th!

Right now, the schedule is as follows:

Noon EST/10am PST/ 6pm GMT- A friendly game of Sardines. This is like Hide and Seek, but rather than have everyone hide and one person find them, one person hides and everyone else tries to find them. When you do find the designated hider, you join them in their hiding spot. This generally leads to large groups of people packed into tiny hiding spots...like Sardines. Meet in Limsa Lominsa Adventurer's Guild for this event!

1 pm EST/ 11am PST/ 7pm GMT- Tour of La Noscea- A scenic tour of the lovely area that includes visiting all the local aetheryte camps and taking down some of the area's fate NMs. For this one, we'll meet right outside Limsa, at the Summerford Farms!

3 pm EST/ 1pm PST/ 9pm GMT- Summer Beach Party- Ladies and Gents, grab your heat resistant gear, it's time to party at the beach! Come be social, and relax in style at the sunny Costa del Sol! Hopefully this will coincide with the firefall faire that will be implemented soon after launch!

5pm EST / 3pm PST / 11pm GMT - Tour of Thanalan- Very much like the Tour of La Noscea, but in a desert. We'll visit all the aetheryte camps, and take down some of the area's FATE NMs. Meet up at Camp Horizon!

7pm EST/ 5pm PST/ 1am GMT/ 10am AEST - Scavenger Hunt! - Still working the final details of this one out. There will be riddles to decode, and things to find, and prizes along the way! So grab a partner, and let the hunt begin! Gather in Ul'dah Adventurer's Guild!

9pm EST/ 7pm PST/ 3am GMT/ Noon AEST
    - Naked Race!- Strip down to your skivvies and your lowest level class, and prepare to hoof it on foot from Ul'dah to Gridania! First one through the door of Gridania's adventurer's guild gets a small amount of gil and a shiny ring, but no worries if you fall behind. This is meant to be for fun. Sprint and Swiftsong are allowed, teleportation and mounts are not, in order to be eligible for the race prize. Meet in Central Thanalan, ouside the Ul'dah north gate!

10pm EST/ 8pm PST/ 1pm AEST - Tour of the Black Shroud! - Explore the leafy paths of the Black Shroud, stopping at all the aetheryte camps and taking down some of the FATE NMs! Gather at the Treespeak Stables!

Midnight EST/ 10pm PST/ 3pm AEST- Pet Party- Bring your minions, your mounts, your egis, and your fey for a party in Grid to finish off the day! Meet up in Gridania's amphitheater!

I'd like to center the day around events that everyone will be able to participate in, regardless of their level or progression in the story. I figure this will be a good way to have fun, and meet new people, as well as celebrate our lovely community and our return from exile.

On a related note- I'd like to do at least one large-scale event every month. So, for those purposes, I'd like to present Wayward Winds- a secondary linkshell devoted to hosting monthly just-for-fun server events. We also have a website if you'd like to keep tabs on events we're doing, or participate more in the planning process. (Contact Points: Gethyn Skylark, Molly Millions, Noloe Tazier, Chrome Roi)

As far as times go, we're currently looking at a schedule of Noon to midnight EST with events every couple hours. (Handy time converter: HERE.) I'm trying to spread the events out so that all the major play zones should be able to make at least some of the events!

As always, these events are completely voluntary, and just for fun. So, what say you, Balmung?

tldr; Come have fun on Sept 7th with us. Check back for details!
    (3)
    Last edited by Gethyn; 08-15-2013 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Updated with Details
    "Cuz when your back's against the wall,
    That's when you show no fear at all."

Player
    Character
    Gethyn Skylark
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 53
    Updated with event details and schedule.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Estelomo Claustrada
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    You...and your band of unruly air currents...wow. I love your crew. I love this whole idea. I SUPPORT this whole idea.

In fact, would it be possible for the Wayward Winds to pay a visit to Sargatanas, maybe the week following, to host the very same event? Or should everyone from any server just come to this one and have fun? I know I have plans to make Balmung my second-home (kind of like a winter rental but without the winter) so it's no trouble at all to create a character on there. He he.

I wish your event and your group swift zephyrs and astral tornados!

Ciao~
    (2)