Player
    Character
    Lion King'
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70

Missed Transfer Application

Hi, I purchased the collector's edition and have played nearly everyday since its release. Since it went down, I went on vacation and realized that world transfers have already taken place. My lil bro and I are stuck on a Durandal and my ls is on Hyperion. Will I be given a chance to transfer later? I love this game please help me ; ;.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Santori Zhonets
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallory View Post
    Hi, I purchased the collector's edition and have played nearly everyday since its release. Since it went down, I went on vacation and realized that world transfers have already taken place. My lil bro and I are stuck on a Durandal and my ls is on Hyperion. Will I be given a chance to transfer later? I love this game please help me ; ;.
    Yes. Hopefully sooner than later. (My guess: Worst case: 6+ months. Best case: Yoshida says something about it on Thursday.)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lion King'
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Thank you very much!
    (0)
    Last edited by Mallory; 08-09-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Player
    Character
    Santori Zhonets
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    They're thinking of starting transfers a few weeks after launch, but no final details yet. (That likely now won't include legacy to new world transfers, but maybe legacy to legacy. And there may be a fee.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    A12: As this is a game with world barriers, we will be preparing this service so you can move to the same world as old friends as well as new people you meet and become friends with through the Duty Finder. We plan on starting this fee-based service that will allow you to transfer to the world of your choice around 2-3 weeks after launch. Once we have finalized the details we will be sure to let you know.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Larek Darkholme
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Legacy to Legacy transfer will be possible within 2-3 weeks
    (0)

Larek Darkholme @ Ragnarok

Player
    Character
    Lion King'
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Yay, will I keep all my gill and items and everything exactly the same with the fee based transfer?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    There was something mentioned on the Lodestone article about transferring that only so much of your gil will be allowed to transfer, but they haven't outlined the specifics of it yet. Actually they haven't said much of anything about anything yet. They still need to clarify the bounds of how it will work this early.

- Will 1.0 chars get to move to new servers? (probably not)
    - Will 1.0 chars get to move to a different 1.0 server? (I don't see this as a problem)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lion King'
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Limited gil transfer is fine with me, I understand RMT. I love to craft and gather anyways. I would be hurt if items were limited too. If I am stuck away from LS for 2-3 weeks i am going to be gathering. Hopefully with the inability for RMT to replace a banned legacy account, RMT declines and is less of an issue. You have been so helpful thank you so much, i will be optimistic and patient! <3
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    C'mon, limited transfer of gil is 100% pointless - you just fill your inventory with expensive items (eg perhaps Materia, or high level crafting materials) and sell them as soon as you get to your new server.

You could even create an alt on the new server to see what items were most expensive and *make* money. I did this for XI, using ffxiah.com, and made 2mil gil (it was a lot at the time...) when I did a server transfer.

I think that when you server transfer, you should keep progression (xp, quests, achievements, etc.) and Untradable gear only - no other items and no gil.
    (0)
    FFXIV player since 1.0 alpha, and still pretty terrible at this game. Thank the Twelve it's not actually hard like FFXI.

Player
    Character
    Lion King'
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    In the event this is true, I spent all my gil and I have 2 relics and an unfinished sword but all my hq crafting gear would be lost and my material, no fun. Not sure if I would do the transfer in this case, it would be motivation to learn Japanese. I visited Okinawa and Tokyo for 3 years, such wonderful places. Same time old materia and material may be dated and would have rather low impact. In this case fresh space might be nice. Ugh must think positive...
    (0)