Player
    Character
    Robert Redensa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70

About the Keeper of the Lake and a Theory on Dungeon Names

Earlier today, the following dungeon names were found. (Apologies if I screwed up the hide feature. I've never used it before.)

• (A) Imperial Exploratory Site - 237 Yalms
    • (B) Imperial Exploratory Site - 912 Yalms
    • (C) Engine Room - 1233 Yalms
    • (D) Drive Cylinder - 1524 Yalms
    • (E) Central Core - 1910 Yalms
    • (F) Main Bridge - 8770 Yalms

The only known object these names could apply to, at least to me, is the Agrias. However, 8770 yalms seems a little tall (or long, considering it's orientation), even for the Imperial Flagship. I'm a lore newbie, so I'm sharing this theory here to get feedback and commentary.

It makes sense to me that the Empire would want to investigate the wreckage in detail, and it also wouldn't surprise me if major monsters and story elements could be found inside given the massive aetherial event that occurred when it crashed.

Anywho, thanks for reading!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Of course! I thought this'd be an airship, but I'm usually quite incapable of putting two and two together (unless subtracting the square root of minus one and multiplying by its logarithmic coefficient).

Maybe the distance in yalms is the distance from the dungeon starting point, representing goals. In this case, it's possible that you have to scale the outside of the wreckage to enter (via the engines) and then descent deep into the earth to reach the bridge. Thereby, the bridge might not be 8770 yalms below ground, but the distance you've had to travel to get there would be that 8770...
    (2)
    FFXIV player since 1.0 alpha, and still pretty terrible at this game. Thank the Twelve it's not actually hard like FFXI.

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    It could be the Agrius, but it was pretty heavily ... exploded. There's always the chance we could be taking on their new flagship, but I think something else is more likely.

This is an imperial exploratory site. Might the ship be of the Allag?

Also, the size seems a little off to just be an airship. 8770 yalms is 26,310 feet. That's just shy of five miles (just over 8km).
    (2)
    Last edited by Anonymoose; 08-02-2013 at 01:32 AM.
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Robert Redensa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    That's also likely, especially considering another of the dungeons is called the Eorzean Subterrane. What if we find an Allagan ship called the "Lunar Whale"?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Myranda Al'cyoene
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymoose View Post
    It could be the Agrius, but it was pretty heavily ... exploded. There's always the chance we could be taking on their new flagship, but I think something else is more likely.

This is an imperial exploratory site. Might the ship be of the Allag?

Also, the size seems a little off to just be an airship. 8770 yalms is 26,310 feet fulms. That's just shy of five miles malms (just over 8km).
    FTFY

Doesn't change the point though, heh. I agree that's ridiculously huge to be an airship... or really any kind of craft.
    (1)
    Check out my Eorzean fonts! - Twitter: @MyrandaFFXIV
    http://dachoutom.no-ip.org/ffxiv/fonts.html
    The Astronomical Society of Eorzea!
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/142965-The-Astronomical-Society-of-Eorzea

Player
    Character
    J'hyan Tia
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by REDace0 View Post
    That's also likely, especially considering another of the dungeons is called the Eorzean Subterrane. What if we find an Allagan ship called the "Lunar Whale"?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    OR

It could be that "sword" fallen out of Dalamud in the middle of the Burning Wall. It looked pretty hi-tech from what you could see inside the entrance and there was a clear path to it that was blocked by a rock (curse those rocks! how will I ever be able to save Eorzea?!)

Not saying the sword isn't an Allag spaceship btw.
    (0)
    FFXIV player since 1.0 alpha, and still pretty terrible at this game. Thank the Twelve it's not actually hard like FFXI.

Player
    Character
    Robert Redensa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Myranda View Post

Doesn't change the point though, heh. I agree that's ridiculously huge to be an airship... or really any kind of craft.
    Yeah...seeing the value in fulms myself I'm doubting that's feasible for the empire. It's a perfectly legitimate size for a starship, however, and the Allagans presumably got Dalamud in the sky somehow.

EDIT: And recalling how huge that sword that fell off Dalamud was, it seems Dalamud might fall into this general scale as well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by REDace0 View Post
    It's a perfectly legitimate size for a starship
    It wouldn't be the first time we've had an airship involved with space.

(1)
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    1910 -> 8770 is a huge jump maybe it's a typo!!!

:<
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast