Player
    Character
    Y'ahte Tia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferth View Post
    Anyone else cringe when reading all of the new blurbs about Gaius Van Baelsar's lackeys? Gunbaghnakhs? Seriously!?
    Sorry, I was too hung up on the fact that Livia is Gaius's daugther to actually notice the name.
    And for what it's worth Gaius ALSO wears a similar weapon, his left gauntlet too has a gun on it (during the Futures Perfect cutscene Papalymo shields the party from exactly that shot by absorbing it, it is apparently an energy-charged shot). The difference is that she uses such a gauntlet on both hands...
    Given her weapon is not a Bagh Nakh in any way, those are claws, essentially, whereas she uses arm blades... So I guess they ran out of names.

Still loving the cannon-shields, however. Heavens, that roegadyn is a veritable mech
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Beogrimm Dex
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    agreed, the tartarus is probably the coolest of the 5 so far (well 4 bradamante may well be lost forever thanks to hildaderp.)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ferth Fontaine
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by SidRheingold View Post
    I really appreciate it!

We already had the Gunblade and Gunhalberd as Garlean weapons in version 1.x, so I'm glad they keep this idea for the other generals.

Remember that the Garlean Empire is very advanced in machina builds, so it makes perfect sense to me.

Sorry... I could maybe be convinced about the validity of the gun halberd... and possibly about the gun shield, too... But gunbaghnakhs? Someone isn't trying hard enough.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lucke Arrayo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnesium02 View Post
    Gunblade, Gunhalberd, Gunhammer, Gunbaghnakhs, Gunshield ..... still no Gunsubligar
    You can make your own y'know?

I shall call it The Gunderpants
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Wolfandre De'asura
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucke View Post
    The Gunderpants
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vesperlyn Hayle
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Let's assume this is how they work...

(2)
    Last edited by Lusavari; 08-02-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferth View Post
    Sorry... I could maybe be convinced about the validity of the gun halberd... and possibly about the gun shield, too... But gunbaghnakhs? Someone isn't trying hard enough.
    Allow me to attempt to convince you.

Your weapon of choice is your fists. Your arms are of equal weight, allowing you to dispatch with counter-weighted armor and constant recalibration of balance and momentum. This makes you agile, and to enhance that agility, the blunt impacts usually provided by fists has been converted into slashing impact by blades, or claws, upon the fists - otherwise known as "tiger claws," or bagh nakh in Hindi.

These are your strengths - but your weakness is that you are limited to melee combat; you cannot interrupt a charging enemy's momentum; you cannot scatter an approaching group; you cannot launch a ranged or surprise attack... unless each of your wrists were armed with a gun. No time is wasted on the prep or the draw, you point and fire.

If an enemy group is charging you in formation, automatic fire from both hands breaks their form and momentum, allowing you to slip between the defensively dodging enemies and dispatch them with martial prowess. If you are facing a larger or heavily armored enemy, you can disorient them and break weak points with fire before delivering a volley of blows to their Achilles heel.

Not to mention nobody's going to see it coming when they catch one to the head from across the field or castrum from the seemingly unarmed. Not trying hard enough? They'd be my weapon of choice!

The only weapon that'd be pretty stupid is a gunbow.

So you can shoot while you shoot.

(6)
    Last edited by Anonymoose; 08-02-2013 at 09:05 PM.
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Santori Zhonets
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Shikaree View Post
    I should request a goofy pic from Nique of Nero wielding his "Mjollnir".
    There's probably a good "yo dawg ... so I put a Mjollnir in your Mjolnir so you can ..." in there, at least.

Edit: "... so you can bang while you bang!" ? (BLM+hammer)? Ah, comedy, you elusive sylph.
    (2)
    Last edited by ArkhamNative; 08-02-2013 at 11:51 PM.

Player
    Character
    Vesperlyn Hayle
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    I don't know Moose... I would argue the Gunbow is an amazing idea... I think the point at which it gets silly is the Gunpole for fishers.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Beogrimm Dex
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymoose View Post
    Allow me to attempt to convince you.

Your weapon of choice is your fists. Your arms are of equal weight, allowing you to dispatch with counter-weighted armor and constant recalibration of balance and momentum. This makes you agile, and to enhance that agility, the blunt impacts usually provided by fists has been converted into slashing impact by blades, or claws, upon the fists - otherwise known as "tiger claws," or bagh nakh in Hindi.

These are your strengths - but your weakness is that you are limited to melee combat; you cannot interrupt a charging enemy's momentum; you cannot scatter an approaching group; you cannot launch a ranged or surprise attack... unless each of your wrists were armed with a gun. No time is wasted on the prep or the draw, you point and fire.

If an enemy group is charging you in formation, automatic fire from both hands breaks their form and momentum, allowing you to slip between the defensively dodging enemies and dispatch them with martial prowess. If you are facing a larger or heavily armored enemy, you can disorient them and break weak points with fire before delivering a volley of blows to their Achilles heel.

Not to mention nobody's going to see it coming when they catch one to the head from across the field or castrum from the seemingly unarmed. Not trying hard enough? They'd be my weapon of choice!

The only weapon that'd be pretty stupid is a gunbow.

So you can shoot while you shoot.

i'd be more afraid of the point blank range implications. thinkin back to FFVIII squals shear trigger timing on impact...she might very well be able to rip a tank to shreds. the initial impact, gunshot, then reverberation of the claw tearing you a new one. whew.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast