Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90

Egi Appearance

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
    This thread will not turn into a debate on what size the Egis are or whether or not you'll "feel badass enough" wielding them in this state. Take that sh[kupo!] back to Beta General if so inclined, and have a nice day!

_________

I find it extremely interesting how much the egis differ from the actual primals in terms of facial structure. Look at Garuda in particular. Would you not say that the egi looks much more like you'd expect the Ixal's legendary Empress of Birds to look? Very interesting... maybe there was more to my musing than I thought...

(12)
    Last edited by Anonymoose; 07-30-2013 at 03:10 AM.
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Hiraeth Petrichor
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Garuda looks much more like a wyvern of some sort to me with a hint of Quetzalcoatl from FF8. Titan.. no clue haha doesn't remind me of anything. Ifrit almost looks like a direct port of Efreet from some of the Tales of series.
    (3)
    * I fully give permission for any of my written ideas to be used by SE without recognition.

Player
    Character
    Inakha Khatayin
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    To me they almost look like... a minimalistic depiction of them, facial structure included. It's almost as if the egi are just caricatures of the real thing. They seem to have pulled out the features which are really striking in the primal, and then gone with it, leaving the rest behind. That'd fit nicely with borrowing a little of their essence or whatever the SMN questline will spell out for us -- and also puts a nice distinction on Summoner summoning and the FC summoning, if that's still going to be a thing.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    C'rysta Zeith
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymoose View Post

I actually love their appearance. They actually look like the element they represent. Ifrit -> Fire, Titan -> Earth/Stone and Garuda -> Wind. I would love to see the Egi versions of Ramuh and Leviathan (maybe Siren too?). I wonder what they would do with Good King Moggle Mog... Hmmm...

Next to that, the Primals we would probably not see in Egi form (at least for a long time) would be Odin and Bahamut. Still, my mind is trying to form a look that would fit an Egi version of Odin and Bahamut. Hehehe.
    (6)

Credit goes to Niqo'te for her fabulous art in the "Nique's happy fun time!"-thread and Nix/Capa for the Caitlyn drawing to the right. \(^_^ )/
    Give her your support by liking their art!

Player
    Character
    Cesil Rapture
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I think they look okay ^^ They look exactly like what I would picture for the description.

In a way they remind me of the cute pets from Aion...hehe would be cool if they changed slightly as we got higher level ^^
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Could this be an effect of summoning a small part of their essence that pervades the aether without allowing their personality in?

As in, the personality adds definition to a basic aetherial form.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Vesperlyn Hayle
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Personally, I think Ifrit and Titan look a lot like the real deal (and still very similar to the XI avatar forms). I can see 2 different forms of face on Ifrit... one, the black spots are eyes and he has no real mouth... but alternatively, the black spots (which are yellow on some other angles we've seen) are Ifrit's mouth. Since they glow at other angles... it seems more likely they're the mouth, since Ifrit also has a glowy mouth. There are some other slightly brighter red spots under the horns that may be eyes. Titan looks angry, and Garuda looks really... birdy...

Anyway... I get the feeling they're crystals or elementals with the essences of primals transcribed into them. Presumably, there will be a story quest for each one, resulting in a mini-battle with a primal, who will then give you a fraction of their power to create an egi with.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Beogrimm Dex
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    i'm inclined to go with catapults explination.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Norrain Gravytrain
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 34
    What does Egi mean, and how exactly is it pronounced.

I keep seeing it and going Eggy... which sounds pretty stupid.
    (0)

Player

"Egi" is the most absolute uninspired name they could have used for these manifestations of the primal beasts.

Words like "proto" "primordial" "arch" or any other such word would do so much better for english.

I find it rather strange the localization team would just use the exact japanese term.

Also is a summoner in ARR really a "summoner?" They seem much more like an Evoker/Elementalist than anything.

I hope they have good lore in ...... any part of the game, but most particularly in regards to an explanation as to why they dont summon the entire beast. If that fact is disregarded in the lore entirely I'll be rather unpleased. (Aside from the Free Company Summons. I hope they dont take the easy way out with just "just because.")

As for their looks, why cant they have legs? I mean is it really that difficult to add a few more sculpted textures/model-ization?
    (2)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast