Player
    Character
    Tyger Maimhov
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymoose View Post
    If I were to create an alternative theory to that of Catapult, mine would state that every world in the Final Fantasy universe (aside from VII and X) takes place in a different reality, a different canon, and a different world, but many share the same Void.
    That makes sense. Isn't that how Gilgamesh shows up in so many games? He jumps through the "Rift". One man's rift is another man's void.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Y'ruh Tia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by finiteHP View Post
    That makes sense. Isn't that how Gilgamesh shows up in so many games? He jumps through the "Rift". One man's rift is another man's void.
    I think they call the Void different things in different versions of FFV, Rift being one of them. I seem to remember X-Zone was one of them, or maybe that's just the spell from FF6 that was later renamed Banish. It might also have been a fan translation that called it X-Zone.

I find it very likely that the boss crossovers that are said to take place in the new Skirmish (or so I'd heard) will all fall under the "Voidsent" category in some way, just to keep things as canon as possible. I also wonder if things like the Ahriman live in the Void, or if they originate somewhere beyond the Void.

If Fern can't give us an answer, next time Atomos pops up we should send someone on an exploration mission to the far reaches of the Void. I nominate the ever-observant Anonymoose.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I'll save you Yoshida!

/casts Raise

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrusama View Post
    I nominate the ever-observant Anonymoose.
    </em fits himself in a taut black and violet outfit with combat boots and steel goggles, then ties one end of a rope around his waist and the other to the base of the aetheryte>

Let's do this!
    (3)
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Haxaan Shivar
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Speaking of the Void... What of Diabolos... I understand that we haven't seen him as of yet... but he seems like the perfect entity to come from the void given his penchant for using gravity distortion fields as his abilities and using time/space as a weapon. Seems only right for him to make an appearance. Guess we'll see... there is A LOT of time for him to come around but I have a sneaking feeling he will be showing up as we find out more about the void... any thoughts?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxaan View Post
    Speaking of the Void... What of Diabolos... I understand that we haven't seen him as of yet... but he seems like the perfect entity to come from the void given his penchant for using gravity distortion fields as his abilities and using time/space as a weapon. Seems only right for him to make an appearance. Guess we'll see... there is A LOT of time for him to come around but I have a sneaking feeling he will be showing up as we find out more about the void... any thoughts?
    I'm not about to get too far ahead of ourselves. Diabolos screams out "future expansion content" to me. I'm happy worrying about the implications of atomos first.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Any thoughts?
    My first thought is that someone at SE, by now, must be saying, "What is it with these people and the Void!? It's been in a bunch of our games and it's always just a side attraction and now everything's the about the Void!" Well, (A) Loremongering is in vogue and (B) that's what you get for making Promyvion my favorite zone in FFXI.

My second thought is that SE has plenty of options to choose from. Diabolos is simultaneously established enough to have some thematic elements to him, but rare enough that he hasn't been typecast into a role like the Cid (engineer), Goblins (merchant inventors), etc.
    • Twice, Diabolos has shown up as a result of defeating dragons (VI; Type-0), and, as we know, dragons play a prominent role in FFXIV, so perhaps he'll be linked into that mythology. Considering that enemy of the dragons is Ishgard, which regards itself as a holy city (complete with Holy See and an Archbishop), the demonic entity would be quite a foil to the ideal. SE has a habit of making the biggest cities and most religious people the antagonists, so imagine Diabolos getting wrapped up in that.

• In FFXI, Diabolos created dream worlds and wove powerful magicks. There's all sorts of weird ways to weave that into the story, especially considering that people who aren't very good at controlling the gift of the Echo often pass out at random. If those chosen by the Crystal could have her gift corrupted ...

• Among the voidsent invading our realm is a race of demons that look quite similar to Diabolos. Tying him to their visage would be an interesting twist. It's only appropriate for this thread to wonder ... if these demons are sentient, they must have a social status. To whom to their lords report? Could Diabolos be the Black Warden's true name?
    (2)
    Last edited by Anonymoose; 07-23-2013 at 06:28 PM.
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Haxaan Shivar
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    XD Catapult lol Ok I'll pull in the reigns just a bit and keep pondering Atomos. Moose... You just put into words what I've been thinking for a while. It will be interesting to see if/how Diabolos will be implemented but for now I guess I'll keep letting the old cogs turn about for Atomos.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    XD Catapult lol Ok I'll pull in the reigns just a bit and keep pondering Atomos. Moose... You just put into words what I've been thinking for a while. It will be interesting to see if/how Diabolos will be implemented but for now I guess I'll keep letting the old cogs turn about for Atomos.
    Hey, don't let me hold YOU back.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tyger Maimhov
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymoose View Post
    </em fits himself in a taut black and violet outfit with combat boots and steel goggles, then ties one end of a rope around his waist and the other to the base of the aetheryte>

Let's do this!
    If you don't make it back we will always remember your sacrifice. /salute
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Psxpert Sylph
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    The seven hells would be Hard-core end-game for your time of death. If your party wipes, you'll be given the choice to enter a new type of dungeon. The Seven Hells would be a new instance or open zone with access only to those who have died. People go there to die again and again hence the suffering!

Originally Posted by Anonymoose ,

•In FFXI, Diabolos created dream worlds and wove powerful magicks. There's all sorts of weird ways to weave that into the story, especially considering that people who aren't very good at controlling the gift of the Echo often pass out at random. If those chosen by the Crystal could have her gift corrupted ...
    It's hades from "God of War" 7 times over. All new underworld gear and weapons. It would be awesome to see Diabolos here. The perfect set up!
    (1)

~'\[[_LEGACY_]]/'~
    TENTs because solo-friendly content forces me to want one!
    (HP + Instantly logout anywhere)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/my/
    *Excalibur* Nation: Limsa Laminsa

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast