Player
    Character
    Dyne Ikapine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60

Somnus and Mamool Ja

So I've got a couple of things itching at me as far as lore questions go.

So what the heck is somnus supposed to be equivalent to? Marijuana? Cocaine? Moon Sugar?

Why are there Mamool Ja? Are they some kind of island-dwelling off-shot of the Amal'jaa? Are they relatives? If they're seperate, are they just another, somewhat neutral tribe, similar to the Qiqirn and Goblins?

Maybe these are answered in some of the other class stories or quests that I haven't gotten to yet, so I'll keep looking around--but I am still curious.

Edit: Found most of the answers to the Mamool Ja question to appease my curiousity.
    (3)
    Last edited by Diyne; 07-12-2013 at 03:54 PM.

Player
    Character
    Noloe Tazier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80

The tidbit about the "lands to the west" is really intriguing to me since the only lands we've heard about are Islabad, Othard, and the "island continent" to the far south. So they're coming to Eorzea as mercenaries, in the Arcanist guild there is a Mamool Ja patiently waiting in line to retrieve his belongings from the customs agents. Dodozan is an Ul'dahn merchant in Limsa Lominsa and he praises Limsa for having not given the Beastmen the boot like Ul'dah has.

Edit: so the Mamool Ja are coming to Eorzea to fight.
    (6)
    Check out my Lore posts:
    An Eorzean Timeline: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/64377-An-Eorzean-Timeline-Reborn

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    They also said at the time there not as strong as the other beastmen who can summon there primal. But you never know in update they could get to the point that they can summon a primal themself. I really want to know more about them also

I also can't wait to we allow to go and see the lands of the 4 race like lalafall homeland where a lot of things suppose to be poisonous. Not sure if this would carry on into Yoshi-p lore of the game but seeing how it was part of 1.0 plot line i'm sure they keep it.
    (2)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Somnus is a theme of XV by Yoko Shimomura.

And yes, apparently its an illegal drug and maybe a cause of the increasing occurances of the Echo. lol Just joking. XD
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    If you watched closely during the Ul'dahn opening, you would have noticed the Brass Blades officer actually retrieved the bag of somnus from out of his own belt.

Just thought I'd throw that in there.

/tarnished brass
    (1)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Catapult View Post
    If you watched closely during the Ul'dahn opening, you would have noticed the Brass Blades officer actually retrieved the bag of somnus from out of his own belt.

Just thought I'd throw that in there.

/tarnished brass
    Yeah I remember that. XD

And you actually have to handle some drug dealing in Ul'dah for the PGL quests.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mementus Veventus
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    I don't have the quote right now but in one of the limsa quests they explain that Somnus is a substance that can put someone into a deep sleep.
    (3)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    >.> Someone by the name Damielliot? Is the kid an addict?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Myranda Al'cyoene
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaltus View Post
    I don't have the quote right now but in one of the limsa quests they explain that Somnus is a substance that can put someone into a deep sleep.
    Well, that would certainly be fitting of its name's Latin roots. Maybe it would be useful to treat insomnia?
    (0)
    Check out my Eorzean fonts! - Twitter: @MyrandaFFXIV
    http://dachoutom.no-ip.org/ffxiv/fonts.html
    The Astronomical Society of Eorzea!
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/142965-The-Astronomical-Society-of-Eorzea

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Fighting around and I had to kill some "invasive species" called Thavnairian Mitelings? Where's that? Radz-at-Han

Maybe this has something to do with the Mamool Ja
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast