Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50

Cracked Materia Guide

Hey guys, I whipped up another guide for 1.0 players. This one goes over what to do with all that cracked materia and gear melded with cracked materia. I hope to make the decision easier by including some sound reasoning along with my answers to the questions you've probably been asking yourself.

http://www.abaddon.us/phpBB3/page.php?p=broken-materia
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Cynthis Ravenbrook
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Thanks again. No way I am trading in my Vanya\Gryphonskin gear considering how much I like it and how long it took to make but for the rest of the gear not on that level I agree I will trade that in and start over.
    (2)

Character
    Kupo'nut Cheesecake
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Useful guide, thanks OP
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthis View Post
    Thanks again. No way I am trading in my Vanya\Gryphonskin gear considering how much I like it and how long it took to make but for the rest of the gear not on that level I agree I will trade that in and start over.
    Vanya and Gyphonskin, like Darksteel, is the stuff you want to keep. Aside from Darklight, it's BiS as of phase 3 and tier 4 meteria won't be nerfed in it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ksenia Solo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    I have a bit of III and IV cracked. I heard I can convert it after OBT. I haven't found a way to do it so far. Mine will be going toward CP crafting gear if it's an open system. CP is the only thing I feel starved for in ARR.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksenia View Post
    I have a bit of III and IV cracked. I heard I can convert it after OBT. I haven't found a way to do it so far. Mine will be going toward CP crafting gear if it's an open system. CP is the only thing I feel starved for in ARR.
    Yeah, anything unslotted can be turned into whatever type you want. I believe that happens in open beta. The slotted stuff can to, but I think it's worth just trading that gear in for DL tokens.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cynthis Ravenbrook
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly_Millions View Post
    Yeah, anything unslotted can be turned into whatever type you want. I believe that happens in open beta. The slotted stuff can to, but I think it's worth just trading that gear in for DL tokens.
    My question about DL tokens will be if there is another way of getting them. If not we have to be real careful when trading in so we don't end up with let's say 99 tokens after trading in all our gear with 100 tokens required for a DL piece and no way of getting that last one.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I think there will be. We'll get tokens if we don't get drops in end game dungeons. I have a sneaking suspicion they'll be the same tokens.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sa'niquel Amrita
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthis View Post
    My question about DL tokens will be if there is another way of getting them. If not we have to be real careful when trading in so we don't end up with let's say 99 tokens after trading in all our gear with 100 tokens required for a DL piece and no way of getting that last one.
    Mmm... I suspect they might be the same token you get from losing on a need roll ^-^
    (1)

Masamune ♡ SGD ♡ Australia
    My DA / FFXIV SS Glamours - http://tinyurl.com/mvmdebr

Player
    Character
    Mata Reiver
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 82
    I reeeaaaalllllyyyy hope the exchange rate towards Darklight currency is decent.

Also, is it only gear that can be traded for the currency? Or can just unmelded Materia be used to trade for that currency too? Does anyone know?
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast