Player
    Character
    Tinks Fenrir
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly_Millions View Post
    When you take materia out of an item, you lose it.
    Under normal circumstances yes, though the image implies that it may be possible to exchange the gear cracked materia for materia. While this may just be a direct swap out, it doesn't specify either way. Regardless, the fact that tier IV materia are going to be more rare is definitely worth taking into account when trading in things.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinks View Post
    Under normal circumstances yes, though the image implies that it may be possible to exchange the gear cracked materia for materia. While this may just be a direct swap out, it doesn't specify either way. Regardless, the fact that tier IV materia are going to be more rare is definitely worth taking into account when trading in things.
    2. Players will be able to exchange their cracked materia for new materia of their choosing.
    * Materia that has already been affixed to gear can be converted as is.
    This seems to imply that we can only swap the materia in place or exchange the gear for tokens.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cynthis Ravenbrook
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    From the test results I've seen that appears to be the case. On HQ gear, you can only add stats that are not on that gear already. For NQ gear, you can add those stats, but only as much as is on the HQ equivalent.

Using a Rubelite Ring as an example, the HQ version has +7 STR. You can't add any STR to an HQ Rubelite Ring. The NQ version has +5 STR, so you can only add +2 STR to one of those. You can, however, add +7 VIT or DEX to both an NQ or HQ Rubelite Ring.
    Maybe we are talking about the same thing but just in case. I was thinking of something like a Cobalt Cuirass that I think as NQ gives:

STR +12
    VIT +12
    Parry +17

If I HQ that will all those three stats go up to the cap or might it just be some of them...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthis View Post
    Maybe we are talking about the same thing but just in case. I was thinking of something like a Cobalt Cuirass that I think as NQ gives:

STR +12
    VIT +12
    Parry +17

If I HQ that will all those three stats go up to the cap or might it just be some of them...
    all 3 will be at the cap.

I think they go up to

STR +15
    VIT +15
    Parry +20
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cynthis Ravenbrook
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Excellent. I need to start planning my HQ crafting gear and skill sets then
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    IMO, use HQ gear for melding good dungeon gear, use NQ for spiritbonding. Wherever you don't have darklight gear, use darksteel or equivalent for your class. That will obviously change once the really high-end recipes are introduced.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cynthis Ravenbrook
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    IMO, use HQ gear for melding good dungeon gear, use NQ for spiritbonding. Wherever you don't have darklight gear, use darksteel or equivalent for your class. That will obviously change once the really high-end recipes are introduced.
    Yeah, definitely my plan. I am glad I got my Vanya and Gryphonskin gear done in 1.0. Just hope I can turn in the materia on those as well.

Come to think of it, since most of my Vanya/Gryphonskin isn't HQ, I can fill in the 2 materia spots with G5 materia of something useful but since there is no penalty for failing forbidden melds, I guess it makes sense to just plug along with low level materia to get those extra +3 INT... until you get lucky. That is probably more useful than trying to get a third G5 materia of the 6th most useful stat to stick. Not even sure I could think of a 6th particularly worthwhile stat category for BLM for example, not worth throwing G5 materia at any rate.
    (0)
    Last edited by Cynthis; 07-16-2013 at 08:06 AM.

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Yeah, definitely my plan. I am glad I got my Vanya and Gryphonskin gear done in 1.0. Just hope I can turn in the materia on those as well.

Come to think of it, since most of my Vanya/Gryphonskin isn't HQ, I can fill in the 2 materia spots with G5 materia of something useful but since there is no penalty for failing forbidden melds, I guess it makes sense to just plug along with low level materia to get those extra +3 INT... until you get lucky. That is probably more useful than trying to get a third G5 materia of the 6th most useful stat to stick. Not even sure I could think of a 6th particularly worthwhile stat category for BLM for example, not worth throwing G5 materia at any rate.
    TBH, I'd put the highest grade materia in there first because the success rate is higher, then cap out the base stats with the cheap stuff last.

I seriously can't wait for phase 4, materia is like gamers crack to me, I love the concept so much.
    (0)
    Last edited by Molly_Millions; 07-16-2013 at 08:14 AM.

Player
    Character
    Cynthis Ravenbrook
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    TBH, I'd put the highest grade materia in there first because the success rate is higher, then cap out the base stats with the cheap stuff last.

I seriously can't wait for phase 4, materia is like gamers crack to me, I love the concept so much.
    Right, that's what I meant. I know what you mean, I really like the materia system as well. I just hope we can make endgame relevant gear and weapons that way even if it isn't BiS.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Right, that's what I meant. I know what you mean, I really like the materia system as well. I just hope we can make endgame relevant gear and weapons that way even if it isn't BiS.
    Currently we can make relevant armor, but weapons, not so much.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4