Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Akujin Aetheoryn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I really hope this thread gets Rep attention for commentary, such as a 'good job' or some such (Really though, Molly, great guide. I bookmarked your site for reference, good stuff inside).

I'd like to make a suggestion - Open our options with cracked materia to exchange the unattached pieces for currency points as well. Some players, many I imagine, myself included have a TON of lvl1-2 materia that is honestly not worth even having. It was the product of attempting a convert to that resulted in crap. At such low levels there's really no point in even attaching it to gear since the leveling progression is so quick, gear can be exchanged for a better piece rapidly. Low level materia is going to end up just being trash materia sold to vendors. Just a suggestion.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Beryuyu Ethernysana
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    well lets see... I have 300+ cracked materia III...
    (0)
    Last edited by beryuyu; 07-15-2013 at 07:53 PM.

Player
    Character
    Beryuyu Ethernysana
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Akujin View Post
    I really hope this thread gets Rep attention for commentary, such as a 'good job' or some such (Really though, Molly, great guide. I bookmarked your site for reference, good stuff inside).

I'd like to make a suggestion - Open our options with cracked materia to exchange the unattached pieces for currency points as well. Some players, many I imagine, myself included have a TON of lvl1-2 materia that is honestly not worth even having. It was the product of attempting a convert to that resulted in crap. At such low levels there's really no point in even attaching it to gear since the leveling progression is so quick, gear can be exchanged for a better piece rapidly. Low level materia is going to end up just being trash materia sold to vendors. Just a suggestion.
    If the Gambler's Crown will still be there in ARR then all materia and mainly the lvl1 materia will still be worth something..they used to be selling for 1-10k each before.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cynthis Ravenbrook
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    My understanding is that the cap per stat will be quite low and will also include the bonus to the stat the item itself gives so in a lot of cases you will only be able to add something like +3 STR. If that is the case, that low grade materia will come in handy since no point wasting the high grade materia.

Quote Originally Posted by beryuyu View Post
    If the Gambler's Crown will still be there in ARR then all materia and mainly the lvl1 materia will still be worth something..they used to be selling for 1-10k each before.
    And yes, I missed out on gambler's crown myself, although not from a lack of trying, so I will always be interested in low level materia.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinks View Post
    There IS one more thing to consider when trading in melded cracked gear. Tier IV materia now come from items with an ILevel of 75+. This means the only thing you're going to get it from is things like Primal weapons, darklight, vanya, gryphonskin etc. So all of the tier IVs you have could be very precious. There's a few pieces of gear that I have with a single IV melded on them that I think I'm just going to pop that IV out of offload the gear itself. I imagine IVs are going to be pricey.
    When you take materia out of an item, you lose it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Thanks a lot! There's more on the way too. I'm trying to get guides for each battle class and leveling guides for crafting as well. Now that we've got some downtime, I hope to get a lot of that done before phase 4 starts.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Akujin Aetheoryn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Well, here's hoping in anycase. But if not, then I'll just have to sit on my stash and watch the markets to see what they do.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthis View Post
    My understanding is that the cap per stat will be quite low and will also include the bonus to the stat the item itself gives so in a lot of cases you will only be able to add something like +3 STR. If that is the case, that low grade materia will come in handy since no point wasting the high grade materia.
    The best thing to do is to start with an HQ item, so the stats that are on it are capped. Then add stats that aren't on that item yet. This way you get the full benefit from the materia you're adding, plus higher base stats.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cynthis Ravenbrook
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly_Millions View Post
    The best thing to do is to start with an HQ item, so the stats that are on it are capped. Then add stats that aren't on that item yet. This way you get the full benefit from the materia you're adding, plus higher base stats.
    Oh, are ALL stats that an HQ item gives capped? I didn't realize that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthis View Post
    Oh, are ALL stats that an HQ item gives capped? I didn't realize that.
    From the test results I've seen that appears to be the case. On HQ gear, you can only add stats that are not on that gear already. For NQ gear, you can add those stats, but only as much as is on the HQ equivalent.

Using a Rubelite Ring as an example, the HQ version has +7 STR. You can't add any STR to an HQ Rubelite Ring. The NQ version has +5 STR, so you can only add +2 STR to one of those. You can, however, add +7 VIT or DEX to both an NQ or HQ Rubelite Ring.
    (0)
    Last edited by Molly_Millions; 07-16-2013 at 12:35 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast