Player
    Character
    Khojinn Kha
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Addicted View Post
    While checking out the map of Eorzea I noticed something on it I never paid much attention to. On the lower left corner of it you have this:

Those 4 symbols at the top are obviously the 4 main city-states, but what about those below? Hamlets? I don't recall the Hamlets having their own flag though.
    My guess is that each set my be associated with a city-state and its factions.

The first set (four on the top left) could be Ul'dah's.

1.) The Brass Blades
    2.) The Stone Torches
    3.) The Sultan Sworn
    4.) The Order of Nald'thal

The second might be Limsa.
    1.) Knights of the Barracuda
    2.) The Yellow Jackets
    3.) Some other order we don't know about...I doubt that Mealvaan's Gate would be considered a force in itself.

The next ones are bit hard to judge or how the order works...

I think the bottom right might belong to Gridania.

1.) The God's Quiver
    2.) The Woodwailers
    3.) The Stillglade Fane

The bottom left is hard to figure, but it may be Ishgards...Possibly the dragoons (not the azure dragoons) and maybe a religious-military faction under the Archbishop.

And the far right might be Ala Mhigo's...The Fist of Rhalgr and whatever their pikemen are called.
    (3)
    Last edited by Mtoto_Wamoto; 08-06-2013 at 04:26 PM.

Player
    Character
    Khojinn Kha
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    The flag in little Ala Mhigo is that of a gryphon holding a sword. You can see a better image of it here: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/world/cities/ala-mhigo

From my position, the flag in question doesn't look anything close to that.

Edit:

The Autumn War took place 100 years ago (according Oliver Goodfellow of the Raven), putting it around 1472. If the first map was drafted in 1506 as Moose stated. Perhaps the conflicts between Ala Mhigo and the rest of the city-states were still ongoing during this time, hence why they were emitted from the list of major flags.
    (1)
    Last edited by Mtoto_Wamoto; 08-06-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Player
    Character
    Noloe Tazier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtoto_Wamoto View Post
    The flag in little Ala Mhigo is that of a gryphon holding a sword. You can see a better image of it here: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/world/cities/ala-mhigo

From my position, the flag in question doesn't look anything close to that.

Edit:

The Autumn War took place 100 years ago (according Oliver Goodfellow of the Raven), putting it around 1472. If the first map was drafted in 1506 as Moose stated. Perhaps the conflicts between Ala Mhigo and the rest of the city-states were still ongoing during this time, hence why they were emitted from the list of major flags.
    The Autumn War began in 1468 when Ala Mhigo invaded the Twelveswood. Only lasted a year once Limsa Lominsa, Ul'dah, and Ishgard entered the conflict. As I stated earlier in the thread, Roddard Ironheart may have not been allowed in Ala Mhigo to give it a proper City-State icon or the grudge of the Autumn War may have still existed, whether it was his own prejudice or others. I don't remember if it's stated where Roddard is from, but if he is from Gridania then he'd have a reason to not like the Ala Mhigans.
    (0)
    Check out my Lore posts:
    An Eorzean Timeline: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/64377-An-Eorzean-Timeline-Reborn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3