Player
    Character
    Fragile Stampede
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

early access

sorry if this is already been asked i can't find it. but someone told me you have to rebuy the game to get early access, is this true? i just have a standard addition and i'm not legacy. does this mean i need to purchase another to get access early?

also does this mean upgrading my standard to collectors edition does not work the same like that? i see it for 19.99 and was thinking it was worth it for the early access alone but was also told it doesn't count as pre ordering and will not get me early access. also i don't even see a place to order this upgrade yet in the store, it just shows it in the list of possible purchases but not an actual buy now for it.

so basically i want to know 1. can i get into early access 2. what is easiest and cheapest way to get in early access. thanks.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Norack Sunstorm
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    id say the cheapest way would be to pre order the ps3 edition.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Aqu'a Fantasia
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Norack View Post
    id say the cheapest way would be to pre order the ps3 edition.
    ^ This.

Only two ways for Early Access are if you're Legacy or if you preorder.
    Rumour is that early access is only 5 days or so, so unless you're really bothered about it I'd say to just wait =/
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasia View Post
    ^ This.

Only two ways for Early Access are if you're Legacy or if you preorder.
    Rumour is that early access is only 5 days or so, so unless you're really bothered about it I'd say to just wait =/
    Beta4 is also early access everything get saved if they don't find a big issue. I'll Say Aug 9-12 would beta4 then shut down for 1-3days then early access Aug 20 then release Aug 27 so the op can just play beta4 and wait 1 week or pre-order
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

5. 07-07-2013 02:34 PM

Player
    Character
    Fragile Stampede
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    ty for the answers, have another question. will phase 4 roll over to launch be affected by this. like will everyone save progress in phase4 or do you need to have early access to have phase 4 saved? weird question but i read it somewhere and i'm wondering now myself.

and also, anyone know how long early access will be. 40bucks for even 7 days doesn't seem worth it to me. but i'm betting it's just 3days. but all in all i would just like to verify how long it is, maybe i can trick myself into spending the loot for a ps3 version so i have both pc and ps3 for the heck of it. thanks.
    (0)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    early access is just a couple days before launch where you can play and other people can't.

Technically you can call phase 4 of beta "early access" because everything you do during this time is recorded. Then you go on a short vacation and come back on launch day.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Santori Zhonets
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Oh, just for completeness: PvP points are a separate issue. Yoshi-P said PvP points gained during beta phase 4 will definitely be reset "to be fair to those not participating to the beta test." So that probably means that everybody's PvP points start from zero at the start of early access, even if the other progress carries over.
    (0)

9. 07-09-2013 03:56 PM
    Reason
    Nvm