Player
    Character
    Vesperlyn Hayle
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Don't beat yourself up. We all get confused at times ^^

As for the Mindflayer question, that makes sense... Sadly I haven't gotten to try beta despite having an invitation since the beginning... My laptop died in January, and I needed an emergency replacement to get my school work done, and couldn't afford anything with the bells and whistles... so I'm a little behind on any story elements .__.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lusavari View Post
    T.) What are Mindflayers? Are the Wavekin, Soulkin, or Voidsent? In FFXI, they were Blue Mages who abused power or became corrupted, which would make them cursed beings, so they would be similar to Soulkin, though it seems soulkin is making itself out to be animated objects. It could be wavekin because if its association with squid, while voidsent would also make sense.
    The Mindflayer in question is Galvanth the Dominator.
    As per the story of the Tam-Tara Deepcroft, the Lambs of Dalamud are trying to ressurect him for reasons I'm not going to even try and properly understand. But to do so, they bind him to a body of grotesque form, which we can probably presumed was created for this purpose.

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Th...Tara_Deepcroft

To simply define him as voidsent is to slightly miss the point, as the whole concept seems to go beyond basic taxonomical classifications known in Eorzea (hence the current categorisation of "unknown", I guess). In some ways you could say he is a soulkin, because his soul (which is of this world) has been bound to a form that he did not grow in. However, that form itself is "not of this world" and thus voidsent in nature.

It might be best to leave him without a classification, at least for now.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Khojinn Kha
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    As Hydaelyn has soulkin, vilekin, etc. I have a feeling the Void has its own set of classes as well, most of them likely being the same if not slightly different. However, as Catapult mentioned, because it comes from the void, it's labeled voidsent regardless of its class simply due to the nature of where it hails from.

We seem to label anything from the void as voidsent regardless of taxonomic rank or class, such as the gargoyle demons (e.g. Batraal) which would likely be classified under the same class as the kindred demons we see or the other demons that appear in ARR.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2