Player
    Character
    Roze Doyanawa
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 23

Please add choise to disable lvl sync to party leader/solo quests

Hi, well I've been playing the beta quite a lot now and I'm Really disappointed about the Lv. sync for instances. I for one likes to always keep myself at a higher level than required to be able to beat battles quite easily, done that since my first Final Fantasy game, if you don't take a boss at first try, go back, grind some levels and try again.
    FFXIII and FFXIV both prohibits and/or punishes players from leveling a bit higher to have an easier time taking dungeons, now I might be an extreme case, leveling myself for hours and hours before first boss, just to glide through the story without having to stop to grind later.
    FFXIV enforces people to 1: play in parties for instances, which is acceptable since its an MMO, but it also punishes people for being higher level than the story allows by forcing their level down to highest allowed. I thought you had learned something about punishing players for their way of playing from the stamina system in 1.x, but apparently not.

At least add an option to the party leader to select whether or not to allow higher levels or not. Cause punishing player who are having a hard time doing the story battles by refusing them to get stronger is truly bad.

And Please add an option for people playing story-dungeons to disable level sync.
    My friend is not very good at tactical fighting, and I can't even help him with the story instances cause of only solo allowed and he cant get stronger cause dungeon don't allow it.

Please STOP punishing players for choosing their way of playing and please stop Enforcing people to play EXACTLY as you want them to.

Add options for more freedom of choice regarding how I play the game.
    If people want to go solo and die, Let them, If people want to over-level to take something easier, let them, limit the rewards or something, just don't force people to play at HARD setting all the time.

//Annoyed player.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    If your friend is not good at tactical fighting and the storyline teach you about tactical fighting. Then what is your friend going to do at raids? Are you going to hold his hand to start to end? This game have lot's of freedom there hunting logs,F.A.T.E there guildbehests and many other things not yet added. Even the city storyline make you do 3 dungeon each with it's own mechanics. Which would be apply later in endgame this is all preparing the players for later on in the game.

How about vs being annoyed at the game teaching your friend how to play vs hand holding him to endgame. Not sure what he/she going to do at 24 raids if he/she not good at tactical fighting. I'm not trying to be rude but what you requesting is really dumbing down the game when the game is already casual as hell. There more then enough hand holding in this game for even the most casual players to log on and enjoy. If a person can't learn how to play a simple game then they going to be even more annoyed at endgame raids where most endgame wont take a player that can't learn how to play a game.

Not trying to be rude i'm just trying to explain that there no reason to make this even more casual then it's already is.

Sidenote: Everything is easy mode there not even hardmode added to the game yet lol. If you thing the simple thing are hard then how is your friend even going to play endgame or anything else for that matter.
    (8)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Cynthis Ravenbrook
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Completely agree with OP. I have always been the same. Rather than work for hours on figuring out a strategy for a boss I struggle with and try to execute it perfectly, I go level up a few times and come back. That should be my choice but now there is a max level for content that ruins the game for me. What really irks me is that this also applies to SOLO quests on the main story. That is just insane to me.

As for raids, I mostly don't do raids until after they've been out for a while so I can do it with better gear/higher level than intended. Now I won't have that option.

I want to stress this point because it gets brought up all the time. Not all people play the game for endgame raids. It might be the majority, I don't know, but it's far from everyone. I am perfectly fine with their being very hard content endgame content but for me, and I think a lot of other people, that is not the point of the game and it's not even content I will try out. So please SE let me play my way since I fail to see why it should bother others. I people don't want someone over-leveled to come with them in a raid, let them specify a level cap when they use the duty finder but don't force it on everyone all the time.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthis View Post
    Completely agree with OP. I have always been the same. Rather than work for hours on figuring out a strategy for a boss I struggle with and try to execute it perfectly, I go level up a few times and come back. That should be my choice but now there is a max level for content that ruins the game for me. What really irks me is that this also applies to SOLO quests on the main story. That is just insane to me.

As for raids, I mostly don't do raids until after they've been out for a while so I can do it with better gear/higher level than intended. Now I won't have that option.

I want to stress this point because it gets brought up all the time. Not all people play the game for endgame raids. It might be the majority, I don't know, but it's far from everyone. I am perfectly fine with their being very hard content endgame content but for me, and I think a lot of other people, that is not the point of the game and it's not even content I will try out. So please SE let me play my way since I fail to see why it should bother others. I people don't want someone over-leveled to come with them in a raid, let them specify a level cap when they use the duty finder but don't force it on everyone all the time.
    I really don't see anything hard about ARR even when playing a low level char. The issue is people join a game without knowing what there getting themself in. The class are build for you to get spell from other class. I had hard time doing the level 15 lancer quest and all my friends was telling me it was simple. I ended up just getting cure and stoneskin from CONJ and pretty much killing one wolf at a time and you don't even have to do that lol you can simple go to the right side and kill the main wolf and your done.

I guess you guys want a more casual game then it's already is.
    (4)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Cynthis Ravenbrook
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenaku View Post
    I really don't see anything hard about ARR even when playing a low level char. The issue is people join a game without knowing what there getting themself in. The class are build for you to get spell from other class. I had hard time doing the level 15 lancer quest and all my friends was telling me it was simple. I ended up just getting cure and stoneskin from CONJ and pretty much killing one wolf at a time and you don't even have to do that lol you can simple go to the right side and kill the main wolf and your done.

I guess you guys want a more casual game then it's already is.
    I agree that is one way to make your character stronger and the fact you can play all classes on one character is one of the major draws for me. Still, that shouldn't prevent you from just leveling if that is what you want to do.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthis View Post
    I agree that is one way to make your character stronger and the fact you can play all classes on one character is one of the major draws for me. Still, that shouldn't prevent you from just leveling if that is what you want to do.
    You don't have to play other class too 50 but you do have to level them up enough to get the spells you need. Once you unlock the jobs you need to have both of your sub class level. I really don't see a issue with this the game is very simple and casual. You can do dungeon finder all day or F.A.T.E all day or leves or quest if you like to level.

Wait a second the OP last post was done in 2011 and it was about bitching that the game was to hard. I would say the friend is the op and just want to log in and get friends to powerlevel him/her to max and hand hold and get everything without thinking.

this is just other troll post wanting to make a game more casual then it should...
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Veneficus Tenebrae
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    If you can't get past the lower level content that is intended to be beaten solo, what will you do once you hit 50? You won't be able to "go level some more" if things get tough. The level cap is intended to make it challenging, and help you learn to strategize. If you can't or simply don't want to put in the effort to learn, perhaps this isn't the game for you. As stated above, no one doing any end game content is going to want someone in their party who hasn't learned their job and going "easy mode" though all of the lower content is a sure fire way to accomplish just that. Do yourself a favor and try the content as it is now, even if it takes a few tries to get past that tough battle.. You'll be a better player and have a better sense of accomplishment when you've beaten it.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ptcg View Post
    If you can't get past the lower level content that is intended to be beaten solo, what will you do once you hit 50? You won't be able to "go level some more" if things get tough. The level cap is intended to make it challenging, and help you learn to strategize. If you can't or simply don't want to put in the effort to learn, perhaps this isn't the game for you. As stated above, no one doing any end game content is going to want someone in their party who hasn't learned their job and going "easy mode" though all of the lower content is a sure fire way to accomplish just that. Do yourself a favor and try the content as it is now, even if it takes a few tries to get past that tough battle.. You'll be a better player and have a better sense of accomplishment when you've beaten it.
    Some people just want to play a game where there friends and get everything they need without doing anything. I understand this type of players there are a lot in every game. The issue here is when you reach endgame like i and you said you can no longer hand hold someone. So pretty much your a useless player in there party and a lot of people not going to like a person not doing anything in a raid.

Also like i said before the outpost make a topic like this back in 2011 and never reply to it. So i'm guessing this is other topic hoping that it get a lot of reply in hope that SE change the system so they can get hand hold from 1-50.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Dungeons are level capped for a couple of reasons.

- When they're initially encountered, they have a story component tied to them, and you're expected to be at a certain level when challenging that content.

- Dungeons are the primary means of leveling once you run out of quests. If you use the Duty Finder to join a dungeon, there has to be something in place to keep an optimal level range in check so that people can still gain a decent amount of xp.

It's been said that when content is no longer relevant that they're considering removing the level cap on dungeons, but until then you're just going to have to suck it up and do it at the level it was intended.

Personally I've liked the level of challenge presented in the solo quests so far. They do a good job of teaching you to dispatch lesser foes first and don't stand in front of the main guy's attacks. These coupled with Guildhests are what I feel are a good way to initiate a newbie player.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lord Rulkar
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    I just read through this thread and I got a nostalgic feeling of ffxi. The mention of hand holding sends me way back. That game at first had a huge learning curve to me. I watched many a people start low level quests and missions as linkshells with power leveler outside party healing everyone. They eventually moved up to higher level mobs and missions and then end game content. I even watched people pay to get merc leveled up in abyssea just for standing there. Seemed like a lot of hand holding in that game and still it seemed to work itself out. I'm almost positive the reason we see story missions forced solo and level capped is to prevent RMT. Same reason fishing will be dumbed down to give little to no money. Most of the decisions are RMT concerns. Have you noticed that money while needed doesn't feel like it is in such a main way? You might want something but for the most part you can level crafting and make it yourself or do dungeon enough times to get it. I truly believe ffxiv requires less hand holding. The content is solo for the most part but only to a certain point. FFXI for many many of us was not a soloable game. Hence the hand holding.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast