Player
    Character
    Cynthis Ravenbrook
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by ptcg View Post
    If you can't get past the lower level content that is intended to be beaten solo, what will you do once you hit 50? You won't be able to "go level some more" if things get tough. The level cap is intended to make it challenging, and help you learn to strategize. If you can't or simply don't want to put in the effort to learn, perhaps this isn't the game for you. As stated above, no one doing any end game content is going to want someone in their party who hasn't learned their job and going "easy mode" though all of the lower content is a sure fire way to accomplish just that. Do yourself a favor and try the content as it is now, even if it takes a few tries to get past that tough battle.. You'll be a better player and have a better sense of accomplishment when you've beaten it.
    I'm sorry. I shouldn't have commented. I should have learned by now that there is no way to convince most people that there is, or should be at least, more to an MMO than endgame raids and that others might like to do that other content in their own way. I apologize for having a different view that is obviously not tolerated.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Veneficus Tenebrae
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthis View Post
    I'm sorry. I shouldn't have commented. I should have learned by now that there is no way to convince most people that there is, or should be at least, more to an MMO than endgame raids and that others might like to do that other content in their own way. I apologize for having a different view that is obviously not tolerated.
    It's not that I think end game is all there is, and honestly, in single-player games, I take the same approach as you. If I'm stuck on a boss fight, I'll go level some more. I'm also not being intolerant. But this is an MMO. Cooperation and team play is a part of the game that you just can't get away from. If you can't or won't take the time to learn the strategy needed, you won't get very far.

As I said before, give the content a try as-is. There were a few tough solo instances that gave me trouble, but I personally have a greater feeling of accomplishment after having completed them. I also feel I understand my classes/jobs abilities and how to use them better.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Cynthis Ravenbrook
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Ok, maybe I wasn't being fair. Here's the thing though, in 1.0 I did very few dungeons and some of the primals mainly to get the achievements. That is the extent of my interest in them. I don't want to do them beat than once. Partly that is because I hate the RNG for getting gear and partly it was because I hated the long waits to get a party that I hope will be fixed with the duty finder. Whenever I did anything like that I went with more experienced LS members and followed their lead and strategy and I looked up the advice on the forums and watched a few videos in advance.

Mostly I admit I was carried by others but I always tried my best. In return, I spent quite a bit of time melding gear and getting mats for my LS friends while I was working on the luminary tools. That is also a form of cooperation and team play although I am sure there are people who think that is as bad as those who pay gil to have the elite LSs walk them through the hardest content. If my LS members hadn't had the gear I helped them get it would have been a lot harder for them to help me finish the content plus the other things they wanted to do so I like to think I helped.

The thing is, I have no interest in trying to figure out strategies, mostly because quite frankly I think the amount of information in the fights are overwhelming and the increased flashiness in AAR doesn't help.

I understand the argument that the harder quests are there to help us understand our classes and learn the roles, I really do and in principle I have no problem with that but when they do that to main story quests and quite early on, it sends a message to me that you have to be this good to play the game and I think that is fundamentally wrong. IF you want to do endgame raids, that is a fair statement but if I don't then why should there be a roadblock for me to do something as basic as get access to airships?

The only reason I can think of is that the duty finder will allow complete strangers to piggyback of good players now and maybe the price for that is that SE wants to make sure that everyone has a minimum skill level.

And finally yes, I will do the quests and I will beat them and I will progress because I am not as bad at the games as I make myself sound. I was quite thrilled when I beat one of the main story line quests on my second attempt with 1 HP remaining. It just annoys me that I won't be able to beat the content MY way.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Mementus Veventus
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    I would suggest leveling alchemist and culinarian so you can make some consumables to set on your bar. It's probbably not as effective as being able to grind levels but it is an extra boost that might make all the difference in a difficult encounter.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    I'm not understanding the problem. If you just wait until you are at the top-end of the level-sync, you are still 'over-leveled' for the dungeon. As of now, the dungeons are set to be easily beat by the groups they are aimed at. (Level-wise).

There is no real achievement in going into an 'Ifrit Level 25 battle' as a level 50 character for example. I don't understand why you'd want to just go in and annihilate things. Part of the fun of the current content/battles is the risk...and again, the 'leveling' dungeons aren't really even that complicated/risky at level.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    C'desh Lios
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 60
    This is not the correct forum for feedback.
    (2)

Character
    Honey Boy
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I do not really mind the lvl sync for dungeons but I am not a fan of being lvl sync down for main story missions. That is a tad insane. If I plow through a fight so I can see the story, I should be allowed.

New players will learn to play the correct path way. Do not make everyone else do that just to be goofs. Guildhest will teach you to be a better team player than story missions.

If you like being lvl sync down for missions, so be it, you can choose to enable it but everyone else should not be forced into it. I hope everyone who loves lvl sync for story missions gets lvl sync to 20 for end game raids just to piss in their cocoa puffs

Hell for the class quest we cant be on our jobs, so most of us have to buy gear just to do those quest. Good Job SE
    (0)
    Last edited by HoneyBoy; 07-02-2013 at 01:04 PM.

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyBoy View Post
    I do not really mind the lvl sync for dungeons but I am not a fan of being lvl sync down for main story missions. That is a tad insane. If I plow through a fight so I can see the story, I should be allowed.

New players will learn to play the correct path way. Do not make everyone else do that just to be goofs. Guildhest will teach you to be a better team player than story missions.

If you like being lvl sync down for missions, so be it, you can choose to enable it but everyone else should not be forced into it. I hope everyone who loves lvl sync for story missions gets lvl sync to 20 for end game raids just to piss in their cocoa puffs

Hell for the class quest we cant be on our jobs, so most of us have to buy gear just to do those quest. Good Job SE
    Darklight is for both jobs/class now not sure what gear you have to buy o.o AF is good gear but not as good as something else i had lots of gear to wear to do class quest.
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyBoy View Post

Even with being 'level synced' most of the synced battles can be done naked. No need to worry about gear...afterall, you're a vet right? Wasn't your point that you're too good to be bothered with re-learning the system? You can't be 'too good' and then annoyed about the gear.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    C'desh Lios
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinseykinz View Post
    Even with being 'level synced' most of the synced battles can be done naked. No need to worry about gear...afterall, you're a vet right? Wasn't your point that you're too good to be bothered with re-learning the system? You can't be 'too good' and then annoyed about the gear.
    Real players enjoy having to have outfits for every 10 levels. Early CoP missions anyone? Anyone? :x

In all seriousness though, level sync is a good system. Sure people like to steamroll things to show how powerful they are to their friends, but it really ruins parts of the game. Like the Ifrit 1.0 level 25 battle where I could kill Ifrit while my friends that needed it were still mid cutscene. They also fixed that problem by locking you into a small area so you can't start a battle without everyone being out of a cutscene, and I for one am a fan.
    (3)
    Last edited by Dgsoil; 07-03-2013 at 01:15 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast